TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Despite the fact I was talking about soemthing completely different (plague), I'll keep that in mind in future ;) :p :)

From Toras-noth
To Arlsfen (Jarlsven)

The Torasetar has decreed, after many weeks of contemplation and prayer to both Vesuvius and Ziril, that they are in fact the same spirit! The locations of Toras, and north of Arlsfen are strong areas of the will of Ziril/Vesuvius. The Torasetar extends a arm of good faith to the people of Arlsfen, inviting them to be his personal guests at the coming Zirilwine!

With regards to the whole rise and fall of countries, we could liquidate our empire, take out 10-20 EPs or whatever we are worth and migrate somewhere else, rebuilt the empire from the ashes, or become a new type of political entity (wielding political power from an institution like the catholic church or a trade league). All those options appeal to me at least.

What is this about a great plague? Is it coming next turn is the ETA a secret?

Armorican Trade Log of the Dividing Sea by Anonymous
Armorica((Osismied)):
Exports: Bronze, Wood, Cabbage, Fish, Copper
Imports: Stone, Tin, Trebian Sculpture and statues
Dumnonia:
Exports: Tin, Copper and Wood
Imports: Bronze, Cultivated Plants, Fish
Cerniw:
Exports: Tin, Wood, Fish
Imports: Bronze, Cultivated Plants
Belgia:
Exports: Copper, Wood, Wild Animals, Stone
Imports: Bronze, Cultivated Plants
Frenks:
No go zone. The farther you go East the more hostile the people are.
They ride creatures called horses and fight amongst themselves. A merchant cannot survive in this area without a heavily armed guard for long.
Iberia:
A recently found land to our South. There are scattered tribes in the area and we have not actually met with any as of yet.
Ynys Trebes:
The gem of the Dividing Sea. The Great City Island. It survives on Fish and trade. They have some of the finest smiths in the known world and can make wondrous sculptures and other things with precision that cannot be found anywhere else in the known world. Rumor has it that they have a long blade like weapon that can cut a hairless boar in two in one stroke.
Import: Tin, Copper, Bronze, Cultivated Plants, Wood, Stone
Export: Stone and Bronze Statues, Sculptures of Wood, Tin, Copper, and Bronze, Fish

What do you need from me? Do I have stats?

With regards to the whole rise and fall of countries, we could liquidate our empire, take out 10-20 EPs or whatever we are worth and migrate somewhere else, rebuilt the empire from the ashes, or become a new type of political entity (wielding political power from an institution like the catholic church or a trade league). All those options appeal to me at least.

What is this about a great plague? Is it coming next turn is the ETA a secret?

Hmmm... I think I have a set of rules for that circumstance. :mischief:

Yes. The turn your nation collapses I will allow you to establish an exile state. It will be a "Horde" of people following the Horde rules, which I won't showcase until someone takes the plunge. For example, the Huns destroyed the Goths and forced them to migrate and pillage the Romans.
As for taking over a new institution, it is all possible. For example, if the Roman Empire is a player, I probably forced him to divide into Rome and Byzantine for more verity with other players as Barbarians. When Barbs took over the Roman Player decided to take over the Catholic Church (when churchs get strong enough, as I've said they get their own stats and possibly players).

As for the Plague, it is RNG. However, news of a devastating disease will be known to Atryia and Dakinsa by next turn, most likely. Then a flea jumps off the messenger. :evil:

With the length of time I hope to run this NES, I hope all of you will have multiple chances to survive a catastrope, start over, or form a horde and conquer some chunk of the world. For those who dislike "starting over", a turn after a disaster sucessor states would form and you can try to win back your empire. Example: if Gyrid falls due to the plague, the successor states would be Lyr, Ceres, and Rhodes with ununited (barbs) between them after about a turn or so.

@ Boundless
CC: all
Stats updated after feverant checking and rechecking. Due Date updated.

Question; my I transport my religion from Abaddon's recently shut down NES so that it can be the main religion of Sarkov?

Ah. Yes. The Faith.

You'll have to redevelop it and justify it, I'm afraid. Although I won't mind if you use the samish stories, you'll have to adapt and establish it to Valyria. Other religions in this NES took quite some investment before they became important. Also, you have Matyrdom influences (from hero's day and from Ctesiphod) and some Zirilist influences (from Vesuvius and Toras-Noth) so you'll have to manage that.

@ Eltain. Checked the numbers again. Congrats on the economy. It's correct.

Do you link the updates somewhere?

From Sarkov to the Kingdom of Sardinia
May we open up our borders and trade with one another?

We agree to this gladly.

History of the Civil Experiment
Update 0: Rise of Civilization-Commentary by Aliens
-Nicata Ramana, the First of the Kings-Eltain of Ctesiphod
-Vallarvalian History of Valyaria-Tycho of Sarkov
-The Emperor Speaks; Contest of Art-General Olaf of Xilaroi
-Prehistoric Aramya-Stockholme of Aramya
-Dakinsa the City-Southern King of Dakinsa Raj
Update 1: The Kindling-Commentary by The Stone Cutters Guild
-Rezzemus' Choice-erez87 of Anor
-Sarklov at Peace-Tycho of Sarkov
-Cry of the Falcon-electric925 of Gyrid
-Nicata Ograda at the Seige of Agame-Eltain of Ctesiphod
-Salman, Rajpalya of Varldaphair-SouthernKing of Dakinsa Raj
-Toras-Noth: Return to Ziril-Moldath of Toras-Noth
-Etar the High Chief; High-Shaman's Puppetry-Moldath of Toras-Noth
-Musings of King Launar-Stockholme of Aramya
-Salman and Amit, The Road to Varldaphair- Southern King of Dakinsa Raj
-King Sarlov and Sarklov's Plan-Tycho of Sarkov
-Etar the High Chief; Standing on His Own-Moldath of Toras-Noth
-The Emperor Speaks; Treating with the Xiong-General Olaf of Xilaroi
Update 2: The Spark AND The Rise of Religion-Art by Tomb Drawers, Medieval Scholars, Modern Historians
-Prince Hungwe's Right of Passage-BSmith1068 of Zimbabwe
-Illyra and the Sarkovite Raid-Eltain of Ctesiphod
-Sarklov II: A King with a Soul-Tycho of Sarkov
-First Dynasty of Anor: The Dynasty of Osiris-erez87 of Anorian Egypt
-Pyramids of Nahan Ra-erez87 of Anorian Egypt
-2900-2985 B.C.E. Aramya: Fear and Rage-Stockholme of Aramya
-Sylman the Strong Plans for War-Tycho of Sarkov
-Thoughts of the kudust Thrasca-Moldath of Toras-Noth
-Second Dynasty of Anor: Nahan and Nafer RaAnd King Raas-erez87 of Anorian Egypt
-Birth of the Tribe of Canaan-Tyo of Canaan
-The Dreams of Isis-Erez87 of Anorian Egypt
-The Known World - Anorian year 103 records by Erez87 of Anorian Egypt
-The Known World-Sarkovite Senate by Tycho of Sarkov
Update 3: The The Fearsome Fierce-some Fire/Part 2-Commentary by Billy Mays and PBS
Chinese Combat Correspondence Updates-A
-Axum's Trade log of the Nile by spaceman98 of Axum
-Abdal the Bandit / King Zoskales by spaceman98 of Axum
-Rise of Magnalorum Part I: Overseer/Part II: Rumen/Vox Populi-By Eltain of Ctesiphod
- So You Want to Help Us... by General Olaf of Xilaroi
-Introductions to Osismied: Raid;Invasion;Conquest;The Great Queen and Her Court; New Beginnings by Gem Hound of Osisimied
Aramya 2850-2800: Bureaucracy and Diplomacy by Stockholme of Aramya
Cytrian View of History by Eltain of Ctesiphod
Musings of a Noble; Tales of an Elder; Torasetar at Zirilwine by Moldath of Toras-Noth
The Armorican Chronicle: Part I by Gem Hound of Oisismied
Another View of the Second Dynasty of Anor by erez87 of Anorian Egypt
King Raas Greatness of Bast by erez87 of Anorian Egypt.

Has there not been an update since this lot?

Update 4 just happened, Boundless. It's not on the front page yet. Edit: Thanks Terrance? :0

Ah. Yes. The Faith.

You'll have to redevelop it and justify it, I'm afraid. Although I won't mind if you use the samish stories, you'll have to adapt and establish it to Valyria. Other religions in this NES took quite some investment before they became important. Also, you have Matyrdom influences (from hero's day and from Ctesiphod) and some Zirilist influences (from Vesuvius and Toras-Noth) so you'll have to manage that.

@ Eltain. Checked the numbers again. Congrats on the economy. It's correct.

I'll get right on it. I wanted to create a unique religion and I had poured a lot of time into the Faith so I was hoping to transport it here.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

36char

I'll have to read over this 'abaddon nes' now...

A Toras Merchant's reminisce

There she was, Torasetara V. I remember her father, Torasetar IV, knew him well I did. He was a kind man, and spent a great deal of time with his six daughters. No sons, nope. This was the first time that the Torasetar's firstborn was not a boy. There was some talk between the other families - Thras, Loor, Faran, and Kamil, on whether or not his firstborn was still eligible to be Torasetar. There really was no dispute in the end. Torasetar IV made it his goal in the last years of his life, to make sure that the people would accept his daughter as their new Torasetar, the Torasetara. He was such a kind and amiable man, that the people accepted this with little to no quarrel. His daughter seemed polite, but kept to herself mostly.

That is still with her today. Polite, attends ceremonies, and is kind to the people, yet tends to stay to herself. She has yet to take a husband! The times when we see her most are when foreign dignitaries are in the land. You can always see her talking with them. During the latter part of the III's reign, more and more people came to Zirilwine, and to see the Holy Mountain itself. Since Torasetara gained rulership, it seems that even more people are coming. And I'm not one to complain! The more people, the more goods, the more wealth, the merrier!

Half the time I do wonder if it was her father that made her not spend as much time with her own people. He was always in a good mood, and I suppose that the Torasetara assumed that the people would always be in a good mood. But what do I know? Aye, well, she does keep good relations with us. Her five sisters make sure of that. It seems as though them five sisters of Torasetara act as her liaisons with the people. Hm, I see the merchants from Lijurnoth are approaching. Time to strike a deal!

Top Bottom