C2C SVN Changelog

I had a bad graphics crash yesterday, it rebooted my machine while I was updating the SVN. I seem to have it all OK again. ;)

Update
- all Zebra units require Zebra trainer.

Just pushed to SVN:
  • Performance improvement to unit turn scheduling - makes things run a bit faster when there are lots of units owned by a single player
This actually matters quite early on, because the barbarian player has thousands of animals typically

I am fine with the idea. BTW I was a professional software developer, my speciality is the interface between data models and business solutions that are generic, ie can be used by many different parts of the business. ;)

I have a Bachelors of Science in "Game Art and Design". While not taught to be a programer, I am open to learning new skills. In fact most of the stuff I mod for in C2C is not art related at all (its really embarrassing how little I know about modding graphics for Civ4). Just teach us how to do it is all I ask.

Added str of 2 each to the Module Heroes only.

Added as many Static LH's i could find.

Had a pink button icon for Selassie, fixed.

Put ALL the regular LH into DH's Leaderhads folder. Most were just dds files.

Made a NEW FPK for LST also, because of the LH changes.

Update
- Tech icons where a religion is founded should now have a small religion icon in the corner rather than the religion icon replacing the tech icon.

Edit more updates
- Fix bad graphics for the new female missionaries.
- Add female Voodoo missionary.

So what about bug tracker ? ( http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=561444&atid=2277636 )

I can add bugs from forum there so you and and players can see fixed bug or not

I hear ya, but i still think you should put them here also for now (but NOT this thread), not everyone is aquinted with that system, at least i am not, sorry.:mischief:

This thread should ONLY be used for things going INTO the SVN and changes to it.

Seems CTD i had yesterday with the savegame has been resolved with the yesterday svn update.

Good to know, thx.:)

So what about bug tracker ? ( http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=561444&atid=2277636 )

I can add bugs from forum there so you and and players can see fixed bug or not

I'm want to give a few days for all the modders to respond, but so far the reception has been positive, so we will likely be adopting the SourceForge tracker associated with the project. We will also need to discuss appropriate bug classifications for the project and get the tracker set up accordingly. I would expect this will happen next week sometime.

When I persuaded the team to take up use of SVN, I wanted to take it one step at a time, because apart from AIAndy (I think, right??) and myself, nobody else on the team is a professional software developer, so their experience with tools of this type was limitted. Now that the source control aspect has sunk in, I'm all for continuing on the same path by adopting a bug tracking system (and no reason not to use the sourceforge one).

So, what do the other contributors think...?
I am fine with using it as it is a better way to keep track of issues without them getting lost in threads.
Btw, while I have studied computer science, software development is only a part of my work (sometimes little, sometimes more) in a research institute.

Gave Blue Boy his this: <UniqueName>Blue Boy</UniqueName> after he has posted a great looking first UTube screenshot pictorial of the Wanderer so far.

New Techs and some changes:

Elephant Riding
Req Techs: Livestock Domestication (aka Animal Husbandry)

Megafauna Domestication
Req Techs: Elephant Riding AND Equine Domestication

Tournaments

Anatomy

Compass

Algebra

Steel

Assembly Line

-----New Techs-----

Clockpunk
Req Techs: Clockworks AND Optics AND Chivalry

Steampunk
Req Techs: Steam Power AND Military Science AND Bicycles

Dieselpunk
Req Techs: Combustion AND Trench Warfare AND Radio

Retro Space
Req Techs: Rocketry AND Modern Physics AND Logistics

Biopunk
Req Techs: Cloning AND Biological Warfare AND Ecology

Cyberpunk
Req Techs: Cybernetics AND Androids AND Exoskeleton

Just pushed to SVN:
  • Tweaked turn profiler to work correctly when the human player is not player 0
  • Large performance improvement in certain rare map situations (courtesy SO's save game)
  • General performance improvement at scale (number of units worldwide) [again courtesy SO's save game]
  • Tweaked civic switch decision logic to enable partial switches, rather than only consider the best final set. Will now consider subsets where the number of anarchy turns penalty is less; especially if some expensive switches are about to be upgraded anyway
  • Fixed a minor bug in AI's internal worker counting
  • Fixed issue whereby a unit that finds itself on a tile it should not be on, gets moved to a nearby one that is legal - will now normally choose one on the same landmass as the owner's nearest city (canonical example was city border expansion popping a sea island goodie hut, which then gave a unit, which moved to land, but often not the same land mass as the triggering city)
  • Fixed a widespread bug in the AI, whereby it was taking account of units that should not have been visible to it. This was sometimes working to it advantage, and sometimes not (for example, I noticed it because the AI was not exploring one corner of its island, which turned out to be because it 'knew' about an animal that was blocking the path to that area, even though it couldn't actually see it)

There should be a bunch more performance improvements to come from analysis of SO's save game (which turns out to be highly interesting) in due course.

• Fixed a widespread bug in the AI, whereby it was taking account of units that should not have been visible to it. This was sometimes working to it advantage, and sometimes not (for example, I noticed it because the AI was not exploring one corner of its island, which turned out to be because it 'knew' about an animal that was blocking the path to that area, even though it couldn't actually see it)
Could that have caused the OoS with animals moving onto invisible units of one player?

Just pushed to SVN:
  • Tweaked turn profiler to work correctly when the human player is not player 0
  • Large performance improvement in certain rare map situations (courtesy SO's save game)
  • General performance improvement at scale (number of units worldwide) [again courtesy SO's save game]
  • Tweaked civic switch decision logic to enable partial switches, rather than only consider the best final set. Will now consider subsets where the number of anarchy turns penalty is less; especially if some expensive switches are about to be upgraded anyway
  • Fixed a minor bug in AI's internal worker counting
  • Fixed issue whereby a unit that finds itself on a tile it should not be on, gets moved to a nearby one that is legal - will now normally choose one on the same landmass as the owner's nearest city (canonical example was city border expansion popping a sea island goodie hut, which then gave a unit, which moved to land, but often not the same land mass as the triggering city)

There should be a bunch more performance improvements to come from analysis of SO's save game (which turns out to be highly interesting) in due course.
thats what i want to hear:eek:

Top Bottom