The Civ IV S&T Story Database

^ This...wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the new Trey Parker musical, would it?

What? No, I don't even know what that is, I just rolled Joseph Smith as a random leader so it kinda fits.

Officially abandoning my other stories. I'm afraid they were failing to interest me.

HOWEVER. Before you start complaining. :p

I have an idea for a new project, something which I believe has never been done before in S&T history. A couple of things need to happen before I can start, which are out of my control, so expect the first couple of segments to be up in the next couple of months.

Hype hype hype. :D

Officially abandoning my other stories. I'm afraid they were failing to interest me.

I have an idea for a new project, something which I believe has never been done before in S&T history. A couple of things need to happen before I can start, which are out of my control, so expect the first couple of segments to be up in the next couple of months.

No more apocalypse. :(

Still, I am hyped about your new story though. :)

No seriously - you're stopping 6050 years?
Really?
:(

I wasn't really sure where I was ging with the storyline and it all got a bit too convoluted for my liking. I may pick it up again in the future, but since I now have two large projects running, it wouldn't be until one of them was finished or died.

Would it be appropriate for me to make a post in this thread with links/summaries to each of my AARs? My signature is becoming rather cluttered, so it seems like it'd be easier just to link to a post with all of them in it. And it is a story database, isn't it? :D

First story!
Title: The Glory of the Tsardom
Author: Bair_the_Normal
Mod: RFC: Dawn of Civilization
Style: Narrative/History Book-ish

Gruekiller's Civilization IV Stories and Tales

Retired :king:

The Rise of Carthage - "The foundation of Carthage is steeped in legend..." Vanilla RFC. A quaint little story, the first I ever attempted. Ended 3 August 2010.

Cahokia - Dawn of a Civilization - In this epic tale spanning 5800 years, the Mississippian Empire, its heart in the great city of Cahokia, forges the greatest empire in history, spanning six continents. So too does it fight a war against itself to determine the path its future takes. Vanilla BTS with the StartingPoints mod. Featuring the Native American civilization, this is the first complete example of my story craft, and is done entirely in a history textbook style. Finished 19 August 2010.

Anstieg von Österreich - "One band of people, German-speakers who arrived from the north-west, settled at a bend in the river Donau, and called their city Wien. This is the story of these people - the Austrians..." Vanilla BTS with the StartingPoints mod. A brief history book style story about a rebranded Holy Rome. Ended 20 August 2010.

Stars and Stripes Forever - A Tale of American Empire - An exploration in alternate history. A man who in our time would have been Andrew Jackson leads the Dutch colonies of North America from obscurity, to becoming the greatest power the world has ever known. As nations crumble and an empire is forged in blood, will Jackson's successors realize their folly before it is too late and save the world from themselves? RFC-DoC. A great domination victory in history book style, sans the epilogue, which is narrative. Finished 23 July 2011.

The Gardens of al-Andalus - A brief account of the meteoric rise of the Caliphate and its subsequent fall into ruin. At the fringes of this great empire, a portion of its legacy lives on in the lands of Hispania. RFC. Finished earlier than I had planned due to technical difficulties, but given a satisfactory ending in any case. History book style. Finished 25 September 2011.

Turks! The Scourge of the East! - Just how did the Turks come to rule from Mexico, of all places? What drove them from the steppes of Central Asia to the other side of the planet? It is an interesting tale, of treachery, warfare... and sheer, dumb luck. RFC-DoC. This story follows the three-hundred year journey of the Turkish Horde to the New World. Follows a history book format. Finished 15 April 2012.

Eímai o Aléxandros (I Am Alexander) - "Under my brother's rule, war was declared against the Dutch and our perennial enemies, the Portuguese. Now he lays dead, struck down by the blade of a Malinese assassin... and good riddance. This day, the sun rises on a new decade. This day, the world learns to tremble at my name. I am Alexander." Legends of Revolution. Alexander, newly-crowned Emperor of the Greeks, recounts in diary form his reign, and the rebirth of Greece as a grand empire once more. Ended 6 July 2012.

Bozhe, Tsarya Khrani! - The Line of Boris Godunov - How many courses can history take? Boris Godunov's reign ends with all opposition to him quashed, and his son keeps the throne upon inheriting it. With the Mediterranean, Asia, and the New World just within their grasp, can the Russians fulfill the dream of Boris the Great? Vanilla BTS. A completely narrative story, played in an 18-civ historical scenario beginning in 1600 CE. Ended 11 July 2012.

Wars of the Gods: Carthage - "They travel the universe alone, soaring across countless light years in the blink of an eye, using their incredible power as they see fit. Many call them gods. Some call them elders. Some say that they're alien space bats. But they prefer to simply call themselves Immortals. We begin our story with an Immortal who found himself in a great conflict..." Vanilla BTS. The highly-acclaimed tale of the immortal Hannibal. A narrative story on a two-continent random map, as the Carthaginians. Concluded 12 October 2012, with a Civilization VI sequel, Song of Scythia, currently in progress.

Subir de um Império - A Story in a Day - "So ends the Second Imperial Age..." RFC-DoC. CFC's first official SIAD [Story in a Day], started and finished in only 24 hours. It is the tale of Portugal's rise to power as a new Roman Empire, set astride the Mediterranean Sea rather than the Atlantic. Follows a modified history book format. Finished (and started) 11 August 2013.

The House of Islam - A Pictorial History - "Across hill and sand, to all four winds they ride, and the muezzins cry..." RFC-RAND. A history book style playthrough as Arabia. Ended 9 June 2017.

The Legacy of Byzance: An Eastern Roman Tale - "For over half a millennium, all of the Mediterranean world, from the moors of Scotland to the desert of Egypt, answered to Roma. Those days have passed, but the Roman legacy will never die..." RFC-DoC. The chronicles of the Byzantine Empire and its struggle to endure. History book style. Finished 15 June 2017

Last edited:
Hey there everybody! I was wondering if any of you would be interested in writing reviews for mods. The idea came from this thread (please don't post there, it's a dead thread) The reason for asking here is because most people here in the S&T subforum don't mod (that I know of) and for this to work, we need non-modders (as per The_J's request to keep things non-biased). Basically, if you'd like, just write a quick review of any mod (although the idea is to get a lesser known mod more attention) and I guess post it here (or S&T Times?) or perhaps pm The_J (although he may be surprised if he doesn't have any warning).

All the best,
Radio Noer

^Send me or Tambien a PM if you wish to write mod reviews.

We'll publish them in the S&T Times monthly, essentially.

Awesome, that also gets rid of the whole bias issue because I don't think you'll care (I'm not going to review my own mods, but The_J was worried about bias on the modcomp level, even BUG).

Top Bottom