Iron and Blood 3: Rapidfire - Sign-up thread

kiwitt

Road to War Modder
A fast paced IOT, based on the simplicity of RISK, and the detailed map of Iron and Blood.

Introduction

In the year 1825, or is it 1835; who knows? - Learn More

When the Congress of Vienna failed to bring any sort of order to world, the leaders of the old empires and nations returned home. However, when news spread that the leaders of the world could not reach an agreement on some form of order for the future the people were angered. They rebelled and overthrew all the old regimes.

But it was actually more than that. They went through a rage of anarchy and destroyed, books, libraries, old institutions of learning, religious buildings, political buildings, royal palaces and castles. All destroyed! The people seemed to think that if the leaders can’t achieve order on the world stage why bother to have any order at all.

However, the consequences of this wanton destruction, was a massive increase in disease, famines and deaths. The populations dwindled in many areas, and many had returned to living at a subsistence level. All the once mighty empires of Germany, Britain, France, Spain, Italy, and many others had all gone; their armies gone; their leaders gone. All gone!

The people had made some basic observations that plants don’t grow well when it is cold and do when it is warmer. They called these the cold seasons and the growing seasons and eventually a planting routine was developed and some sort of basic order established itself. They had no idea what year it was and did not really care, so long as the seasons turned and food grew and was stored for the cold seasons.

Eventually, some leaders arose out of this chaotic time and tried to bring some form of order to the regions they resided. Some heard stories about an old Roman Empire that existed years in the past and modelled themselves on it. Others were content to form their own style of order.

Any form of diplomacy is now all forgotten. The leaders do what they like and attack who they dislike and try to exert control of neighbouring regions, either by coercion or force. It will not be long before these leaders will come to blows against each other.

Welcome to Iron and Blood 3: Rapid Fire

Signing-up

How do I join? Fill out this application

Nation name: what you want to call it (include both short form and official form)
Flag: can be RL flag or make your own. This will be placed on your capital
Color: what you want your color to be on the map.
Capital: your capital province.

You start with 20 IC. Which you will then spend as follows;

Provinces
You then pick your starting province(s) and they must be connected by land, up to a maximum of 5. Each province has a no. of factories as shown on the map. You pay 2 IC for each factory the province has. This is what it will cost you to buy the province. So a province with 4 factories will cost 8 IC and you have then 12 IC left to buy others or more factories and units.

Filling fast !!!

Factories
You can then spend on additional factories to increase the IC generated each province to start. Each factory bought costs 2 IC. You can build a maximum of 9 factories per province, throughout the game.

Units
You will then need to spend on armies or navies. Each costs 2 IC

This initial spending must be public in the sign-up thread.

Rules:
Spoiler :
Orders
You must show in the thread how you are spending your money. Spending orders sent via PM will be ignored. i.e. all spending is public knowledge. e.g. a Thread Order could be like this;

Subject: IB3 - Germany - Turn 1 orders

10 IC for 5 factories (do not need to specify provinces)
4 IC for units (do not need to specify what types)
6 IC for expansion (do not need to specify provinces) – see below

You then follow this up with a PM giving details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expansion
You can buy a neighbouring neutral province with the chance as follows;

Less than 1 IC per factory = 1% chance
1 IC spent per factory = 25% chance
2 IC spent per factory = 50% chance
3 IC spent per factory = 75% chance
4 IC or over spent per factory = 99% chance

Win or Lose, 50% of the money spent on expansion will be spent on new factories in target province, up to the maximum of 9 factories. Additional IC spent is lost.

To expand in a province over sea you must have a fleet in each sea region between your province and the expansion target.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detailed Orders via PM
If you have not posted in the thread, your detailed orders will be ignored. You have been warned !!!

Subject: IB3 - Germany - Turn 1 Detailed Orders

5 new factories in Capital Province
6 IC to expand into Province 1
4 armies to attack neighbouring Province 2
5 armies deployed in Capital Province

Assumptions:
1: Assume you can be attacked at any time, no DoWs required. You can be surprised. Be prepared !!!
2: If you have not given any deployment orders, your forces are spread equally over your provinces.
3: All player provinces have a defensive strength equivalent of a 1/2 army (capital has 1), your armies are added to this base strength.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combat

Every neutral province has the number of armies equal to the number of factories. The amount of factories in the province also determines the defensive bonus. E.g. 6 factories = 60 % added strength to units in province.

The odds are based on a 1 to 1 attacker ratio equals 25% chance of victory.

Over Sea Attack
To attack over sea, you must fully control each sea region between your province and the attacked province. So if you are attacking a province 4 sea regions away with 5 navies , the first region has 5 navies in it, the second attacks with 4 navies and one remains behind, the third with 3 navies and 1 behind and the fourth with 2 navies and 1 behind. If you then control all sea regions your armies can then cross the navies to attacked province. There are no naval bombardment bonuses as it is assumed these cancel out the negatives of an amphibious landing.

Example of odds 1: 5 armies attacking a province with 2 factories and 2 armies.

Attacker value = 5 and Defender value = 2 + 20% = 2.4

5 / 2.4 = 2.08 x 25% = 52% chance

Example of odds 2: 5 armies attacking a province with 2 factories and 5 armies

Attacker value = 5 and Defender value = 5 + 20% = 6

5 / 6 = 0.833 x 25% = 21% chance

Maximum chance of victory = 99%

If Attacker loses, he loses the number of armies the defender had.
If Attacker wins, the defender loses all armies he had.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Rules:
No Roleplay required
No Science
No Culture
No Espionage
No Stability
No Techs
No Years - just turns.

Normal IOT etiquette.
1: Respect the players
2: GM is always right
NOTE: Rules subject to change before game start.

Detailed Maps (World and Europe)
Spoiler :
The World

Hosted on iforce.co.nz

Detailed Europe

Now containing initial provinces :D

Players: 18 -so far
Roman Empire (Eastern) - christos200
Republic of Argentina (Argentina) - SamSniped
Russia ?!?!? - bestrfcplayer
Republic of South India - madtemplar0
Great Armenian Empire - Kinich-Ahau
Republic of Daqin - Krzowwh
Republic of South Africa - BSmith1068
Rastafari Roman Empire of Jamaica - NedimNapoleon
The Kingdom of Myanmar - hoplitejoe
Grand Slave Republic of Blood and Decadence - Mango Elephant
Senatus Populusque Romanus de Hispania - NPC
The Austrian Empire - MaxaTheGreat
Roma Australium Terras - DroopyTofu
The Empire of Louisiana - Farsight
The German Empire - ZeletDude
Roman Republic of the Pacific - NPC
New Iceni Kingdom - Historybuff
Achenese R'yleh - CivDad

Initial Statistics
Link to Stats

Start date: 1 August 2012 - GMT+12 - Updates one per week (hopefully)

Roman Empire (Eastern):

Spoiler :

Official Name:

Αυτοκρατορία της Ρώμης
Empire of Rome

Short Form:

Ρώμη
Rome

Capital: Constantinople

Government: Theocratic Monarchy

Emperor George I:

Megas Logothetis Venizelos

Republic of Argentina (Argentina)
Flag:
Spoiler :

I claim Patagonia, La Plata(Capital), Tucuman, Chile, and Atacama.

Can you tell what my color is? :p

Roman Empire

-

Claims

Rome
Tuscany
Two Sicilies
Milan
Sardinia-Piedmont

~ There is only one Roman Empire, and it holds court in Rome.

Are you doing this to troll me?

Constantine the Great moved the capital of Rome from Rome to New Rome. Only the ones who rule from New Rome can be called Roman Emperors.

Yes, but the first Emperor ruled from Rome, and after the temporary stint in Constantinople the Empire was divided between the sons of Theodosius I into east and west, with the scions of the western roman lineage, after the deposition of the Theodosian lineage in the east by Leo the Thracian, being the rightful Emperor of the One Roman Empire.

We are both Romans. We should be united instead of fighting each other.

The Roman Empire IS merciful to barbarian civilisations. The Roman Empire will consider its relations with the Hellenes in time.

We are Romans, not Hellenes. Hellenes are pagans.

And you are a Germanic Barbarian.

Republic of South India

Start Map:
Spoiler :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Buy 1 Army.

Great Armenian Empire​

Capital: Yerevan (Caucasus)
Provinces: Caucasus, Ararat, Syria, Tabriz, Fars
Government: Timocratic Empire
Languages: Armenian
Social Policy: Conservative
Fiscal Policy: Interventionism
Monetary Policy: Monetarism
Trade Policy: Protectionism
Currency: Dram
Foreign Policy: Imperialism
Religion: Armenian Apostolic Church (Armenian Orthodoxy)

12 Income on Provinces
8 Income into Factories; one in each province except Tabriz

I might've gotten the rules wrong, but wouldn't most of the starting claims so far cause significant debt before the first turn?

I don't see how. I will use myself as an example.

I have 20 IP. I choose to start with 5 provinces and 1 army.

For the first turn I have 9 Factories, producing I imagine 9 IP. Thus I start the game really with 9 IP.

How does this leave me in debt?

Reserving Brandenburg, both Prussias, Rhineland and Niederwhatsit(Can't remember name+can't check atm, but it's the west-most German territory.)

Nevermind, I'm USA. Provinces of Mid-Atlantic, Virginia, Midwest.

Remaining 2 IC go into factories.

Top Bottom