Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

SVN is a version constantly updated through a program which lets multiple users use the same files, so if, say Merijn updates a file in the SVN version, then it's updated in CivAdiccteds SVN version too. And when the changes they made are enough, they release a new patch or version as normal DL. Basically, the SVN is some sort of filesharing where everyone can update the same files, and here they use it so multiple authors can edit and improve the mod, instead of just one having to do all the stuff.

NEW VERSION IS UP!

Grap version 1.2 from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rfca-unm/files/

Changelog:
Spoiler :
Version 1.2 Changelog
General changes and UHV updates:
- Raised Majapahit's UHV threshold
- 3rd Butuanese Goal requires 20000 Gold
- New first Mongol/Chagatai Goal, with a tweaked start
- I made the Ming work :woohoo:
- New Ming UP: The Power of the Grand Secretariat: Reduced cost for civics with High Upkeep
- New Ming UU: Shenji Musketeer

Additions/Removal:
- Some wonders can only be build before a certain era
- Some more order in python organizations
- New era: Imperialism
- Stability maps for respawned civs (Jaffna etc.)
- Update in the DCN: Vassal names for Majapahit, the Chinese vassal names for every civ with the MoH
- 2 new, unplayable civs for the 500AD scenario: Sui and Hephthalites (thanks to cybrxkhan for the

Hephthalites)
- 2 new LH for the new civs: Wendi and Mihirakula
- Some Projects are more likely to be buildt in certain areas by the AI
- Added Vedas as a Project
- Farms give extra :food: on Rice without giving access to the resource
- removed Global Warming yet again

Map and province changes:
- Fixed "Koshgar" cityname
- Moved Terauke away from the spices
- Hangzhou moved 1S
- Some tweaks on 500AD scenario (minor Sui, Hephtalites)
- Made Manchuria less juicy
- Fixed the Chola Settlermap in Southern India to prevent Kanchipuram

XML/text updates:
- Proper name for Bilge Khagan
- Removed unused concept page
- Fixed some texts
- Some new texts
- Da Nang renames to Indrapura if indie
- New names for difficulty levels: Enuch/Mandarin/Emperor
- Butuan's adjective is "Butuanese" instead of Phillipine
- If you choose Trade in the Silk Road event, the resource and the amount of Gold you get is shown properly
- Renamed the Hephthalite Horse Archer to Huna, and made it the UU of the Hephthalites
- Fixed a small typo in Sapadbizes' Civopedia entry
- Removed Indies from Civopedia
- TXT_KEY_AGE_SILK ???
- Hephthalite and Sui have the right DCNs at start

Art/Sound updates:
- Fixed button of Marsh terrain
- Updated Trung LH art
- New button + dynamic art for Camels
- Updated Burmese UHV text
- Moved around some Buttons in Atlas, all buttons are in a atlas now
- Some buttons are more polished
- Fixed Jurchen Bowman art
- All buttons from LH and Projects are in the atlas
- Izumo Shrine is on land instead of reaching in the water like a harbor
- Return of Cultural Citystyle's walls (just for a little flavor.)
- New art for Jinyi Wei Department
- Fixed unit sound for Indo-Greeks and Göktürks
- Reskin for new Ming UU
- Reskin for Black Infantry, the rename for Qin UU
- Fixes of the Buttons for the civs and Mihirakula
- New BG for Sapadbizes

Balance:
- Triremes can upgrade to War Ships
- University provides 2 scientist slot, Academy 1 scientist slot, Library 1 scientist
- Horse Archer don't suffer -40% city attack anymore
- Mongol UP nerfed a little
- Mongol's cost for everything increased
- Ulug Beg Observatory moved to Exploration, so it's getting buildt in it's actual timeframe

Bugfixes:
- Japanese UHV screen
- Fixed the Victory Screen, so that the progress of all the things that can't be found anywhere else is shown

properly
- Fixed all bugs in Siam's and Chagatai's UHVs
- Some fixes in the audio. Requires a new music module, i fear.
- Fixed all Ming UHVs
- Fix the missing font next to your GG expirience
- Fixed the autoplay in the 500AD scenario
- Fixed the Assassin Invisibility
- Martime System and Incense Road are only buildable in coastal cities again
- Exposed Gupta UP to DLL to make it work every time
- Fixes in the Nanzhao settlermap
- Fixed Arthashastra Movie
- Han's 2nd UHV triggers after Japan spawn

@ civaddicted
I didn't open a new thread, because I thought it's more useful when you do it, because you did it with the previous version and you have the stabilitymaps etc.

Some of you may notice that the Changelog in the mod speaks of a version 1.1.2, but that patch was never released, so I moved all updates to version 1.2 . I already uploaded everything before I noticed this, so I kept it as it is. So don't think you missed an patch.

I must say, this version is quite good, more of everything in it, its coming along nicely.. I saw that a firelance unit had been created, and I like it.. But.. I don't know.. It feels more like a Chinese bombard.. I feel so bad for complaining, especially with all the work put into it.. But.. I don't know.. if I were to learn unit creation, would it be fine for me to design a firelancer for this mod? If not, that's ok too.. Where would I send it to if I made it..?

I must say, this version is quite good, more of everything in it, its coming along nicely.. I saw that a firelance unit had been created, and I like it.. But.. I don't know.. It feels more like a Chinese bombard.. I feel so bad for complaining, especially with all the work put into it.. But.. I don't know.. if I were to learn unit creation, would it be fine for me to design a firelancer for this mod? If not, that's ok too.. Where would I send it to if I made it..?
I can assure you that i didn't put that much work in it, so it's fine:lol:
The Firelance is definitly not what i want it to be, and it ended up somewhat accidentally in the SVN. Feel free to create a unit, and you can attach it to a post in this thread.

Ok, sounds good. Now I just have to learn how to do that.. Any tutorials available, or nif viewing blenders? Also, I think the current firelance is missing his torso..

I am having the same problems installing this version of RFCA that I had with the last one, so I tried to put all of the data of RFCA 2 into the one folder but I still couldnt bring up the map, I got the menu selections that should be blanked out like Play Now and Multilayer..

Any tips?

Did you delete the old version? You should do that before you install the latest version.

You should unpack the files in the mods folder and everything should work like all other mods.

Did you delete the old version? You should do that before you install the latest version.

You should unpack the files in the mods folder and everything should work like all other mods.

old version is deleted,
I did that just like when the first time I uploaded RFCA and the mod loads but the maps are never there

That's a common problem really.... you've put it in the wrong MODS folder then. The mod should be within the MODS folder in the BTS folder in your Program Files, and not the My Games folder

That's a common problem really.... you've put it in the wrong MODS folder then. The mod should be within the MODS folder in the BTS folder in your Program Files, and not the My Games folder

No you are not understanding me,

It is in my programs file, as so was the previous RFCA I downloaded before that is not the issue.

Did you rename the folder of the mod? I see it's called RFCA v1.2 on your computer. IIRC, it should be just RFCA. Also, the .ini file should be RFCA.ini, not RFCA v1.2.ini .
Try to rename the file/folder and see if it works.

Did the files already have the names with v1.2 when you unpacked the file? IIRC, the were called just RFCA when I packed them.

Can you also upload a screenshot where the maps should show up, but don't? (if renaming doesn't help)

Did you rename the folder of the mod? I see it's called RFCA v1.2 on your computer. IIRC, it should be just RFCA. Also, the .ini file should be RFCA.ini, not RFCA v1.2.ini .
Try to rename the file/folder and see if it works.

Did the files already have the names with v1.2 when you unpacked the file? IIRC, the were called just RFCA when I packed them.

Can you also upload a screenshot where the maps should show up, but don't? (if renaming doesn't help)

Hmm...
I think it was just RFCA I'll see what works

Well the inappropriate choices are still there but your changes has made the mod work! Thanks again! Maybe I can get my screen shots of my actual game for once

I Appreciate the new music score as well..

Well the inappropriate choices are still there but your changes has made the mod work! Thanks again! Maybe I can get my screen shots of my actual game for once

What do you mean by "inappropriate choices"?

Top Bottom