Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

The Delhi are becoming a nuisance,they are three times more powerfull then I am and I am the second most powerful civilization. They are also 400 points ahead of me.
They are growing in military might into infinity.
Spoiler :

is there supposed to be an image in that spoiler?

Yes,there is an image in that spoiler.
I can see it with my own eyes.

Still can't see it

Doesn't help a bit

OK I have an attachment below

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0252.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0252.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 89
Can anyone bring up the 500 AD Scenario?.. apparently I dont have it..

Burmese UHV1 is IMPOSSIBLE.
It is not possible to build 2 settlers,3 wats,buddha sculptures and stupas before 1060.
It's not realistic and that stupid plague doesn't help either.
I tried to achieve it more then 5 times and it is simply not possible withouth going into the worldbuilder.

Rest assured, it's perfectly achievable (done it several times already), but there's some ahistorical out-of-bounds conquest involved.

Rest assured, it's perfectly achievable (done it several times already), but there's some ahistorical out-of-bounds conquest involved.
How?
I tried it more then 5 times and did everything that I could.

How?
I tried it more then 5 times and did everything that I could.

I gave you a valuable hint in the 2nd half of the sentence: get cities.

I believe that original UP for Mongols in vanila RFC was the most interesting one -- razing the city provides you with nearby cities. It is historical, will encourage city razing, will provide diverse troops and units. Keshiks and Mongolian troops were minority, Mongols benefited from vassals and submitted nations...
Good idea. I will see if i can fit in something like that.
The Jurchen really need to be buffed. I have almost never seen them expand out of Manchuria. At best, they conquer two or three cities, then get kicked out by a massive Song army. They might keep a city if they're lucky, but never come close to the Jin dynasty in real life.
I might have overdone it with putting swamps in Manchuria, and didn't come to playtest it enough.
such glitch never bothered me much, however in my opinion there are still several things which need to be corrected to give this mod the needed *finishing touch* before further improvements.

For Chinese factions and region;
-First of all the name problems still persists; for example in 500AD scenario sui empire still appear as qin empire, as i pointed out in my earlier post there should be a way to correct this in MandateofHeaven PY file in python order,

-also the dynamic name really need some correction as well which can be done by editing files in ASSETS/XML/TEXT order.

-some city needs to be added, at least Nanjing should be present much earlier in the scenario

-southern china still much too empty, by the time of Han dynasty at least the eastern part of southern china already got heavily populated. North of Guangzhou around Yangzhou area by the end of han dynasty southern china was already on par with northern territories, thing is that even by the time of Tang faction spawn southern china is still empty wild land which shouldnt be. And for both historical fact and gameplay focus at lastest until song faction spawn there should really be some massive chinese expansion into southern direction(far more than the northern part).
-Sui appearing as Qin is an easy fix. Consider it done.
-I know that you proposed some better ones; it would be nice if you could dig up the posts where you wrote them :please:
-My fear is that an too early Nanjing would be too much of a challenge for Hangzhou's development. I will try to fit it in, but if it doesn't work out at all, Hangzhou has a higher priority because of the Song Dynasty.
-It bugs me as well, and i am inclined of using the last resort: scripting. Sooner or later :sad:
Lhasa (or Tibet) should have an iron resource.
Those annoying Keshiks destroy my improvements and without iron I can not destroy them without losing 2-4 units.
All you need is to put the starting Swordsmen in the right places to keep barbs off your territory.
The Khmer should really start with a Hindu missionary,the Kingdom of Chenla was Hindu from the beginning.
And you should add an independent city in northern Thailand with Buddhism so the Khmer can conquer it.
I'm not that keen on giving them missionaries; their culture ended up being a mixture of Hinduism and Buddhism, so enforcing them to adopt Hinduism the same way as to enforce Chalukya and Majapahit doesn't seem fair from the historical point of view. Sometimes they're Hindus, sometimes they're Buddhist, and in overall games that's a better representation of Khmer culture imo.
The Mongols usually survive,destroy the Ming Dynasty and remain highest in score until the end of time.
I suggest to auto-collapse them when the Ming spawn or sort of collapse them so that they still hold Mongolia (Northern Yuan Dynasty)
Autocollapses are the best way to have a deterministic game. Not on my watch.
This doesn't mean that i won't try to fix it in another way.
This happens because Jurchen was nerfed(maybe too much), before it was jurchen who usually survive destroying song, mongols and whoever in their way.
And in any case I dont believe ming faction is tested enough yet.
I'm trying to redo Delhi at least a bit, which also means i can watch the development of China in the late game.
I'm playing as the Ming Dynasty now...
I see that the Mongols are alive,solid and I don't have the power to destroy them.
I also see that the Jurchens are alive and ridiculously powerful.
I also see that the Khmer are second in score and they are going to beat me at the second UHV.
A redone Mongol UP is propably easier to balance. My plan is to let Ming dominate the late game, and a strong Mongolia sort of is in the way.
The Delhi are becoming a nuisance,they are three times more powerfull then I am and I am the second most powerful civilization. They are also 400 points ahead of me.
They are growing in military might into infinity.
Spoiler :
OK I have an attachment below
...A picture of the map would be more helpful to see why they are so strong.
The late game isn't yet that well balanced, but i noticed that sometimes Delhi does get incredibly strong.
But keep in mind that they are meant to control all of India and possibly Persia and challenge Ming for the tech UHV.
Can anyone bring up the 500 AD Scenario?.. apparently I dont have it..
It's in the SVN, and i have a feeling that there will be a new version soon:p
Has anyone achieved the first UHV of Burma?
I always seem to fail to achieve it,even if I do everything that I can.
Burmese UHV1 is IMPOSSIBLE.
It is not possible to build 2 settlers,3 wats,buddha sculptures and stupas before 1060.
It's not realistic and that stupid plague doesn't help either.
I tried to achieve it more then 5 times and it is simply not possible withouth going into the worldbuilder.
I gave you a valuable hint in the 2nd half of the sentence: get cities.
Burma's first UHV is definitly achieveable, because i used to play them a lot and didn't alter them too much. Wiki's Anawrahta article gives a clue what to conquer.
Boy was i happy when i read that after i made that UHV:)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... I'm back! I just hope i can find some free time for modding;)
Also, special thanks to Tigranes who showed me around in his city and bought me a beer and a burger. Something like that is always appreciated:goodjob:

I looked in wikipedia and does this mean I have to conquer Nanzhao?
Can somebody please give me a strategy guide for UHV1 of Burma?
It's impossible to achieve UHV1 for me.
I can not build two settlers in such short time and that annoying plague that always spans doesn't help me to build them quicker.
Also how do I build 3 Buddhist and 3 Hindu wonders as the Khmer?
I know I have to get Hinduism in Indrapura,but where do I get Buddhism from?
Please give the Khmer a Hindu missionary... or I will do it...

Trying to churn out settlers is hopeless, indeed. You must conquer good cities. Go for the easiest prey. I get Gupta cities whenever possible bc their output is awesome.

As Khmer, both Hinduism and Buddhism spread to your cities in due time. No need to worry, there.

As Khmer, both Hinduism and Buddhism spread to your cities in due time. No need to worry, there.
Sometimes,if you are lucky,sometimes it spreads a few turns before the deadline.
I get Gupta cities whenever possible bc their output is awesome.
I don't want to suicide attack the Gupta cities

Top Bottom