RFC Europe Wonders

I didn't say we shouldn't do it at all, I said we should do it with only a few wonders, not the majority. If only some will get a religion as a preq, I'm think it's a good idea.

Always thought the Venetian Arsenal should be a Wonder instead of a UB.

- Available with Replaceable Parts;
- Bonus to Naval units (+50%~+75% build speed, +2~+4 XP);
- +20% ~ +30% :hammers:
- 1~2 Free Engineers.
- Requires Lighthouse/Harbor.

Grand Arsenal will be added, that I'm sure of
One of the top choices for new wonders IMO
Will see what to do with the venetian UB, maybe it can stay the way it is

About the existing wonders:
I renamed Paco da Ribeira to Palacio da Pena, mainly becasue of the art
Paco da Ribeira might be added later
I'm thinking about renaming the Tower of London into Royal Dungeon - it's sort of a national wonder after all, feels strange to see multiple Towers of London in the game
Also thinking about renaming Temple Mount into Beit Hamikdash, but not really sure about that...

Divine Right might be too early for the Venetian UB to go obsolete
One of their naval height was the Battle of Lepanto in 1571

Astronomy is good. It is also the start of the decline of the Mediterranean civs.

Eh FYI:
The Peterhof Palace which I uploaded might not be meant as artwork for Peterhof itself.
Hrochland made the artwork and uploaded it as "Sheremetevo palace, Saint Petersburg"
However, since I cannot find any info regarding that palace, so I decided to choose 1 in Petersburg which resembles the artwork.

Yep, I myself got to the same conclusion after checking the palaces in St. Petersburg:
there is a good chance that the art was made to be the Peterhof Palace

Naval Base

- Replaces Manor House (and therefore, Obsoletes with Divine Right);
- Free Amphibious Promotion to units built in this city.

I'm getting to like this idea, at least the replacing manor house part, and the Venetian (Grand) Arsenal only being a wonder part
Only problem is, that this way the venetians will only be able to get the +1 stability boost (from the manor house) in coastal cities
It seems very fitting for the civ, though maybe too restricting for the player?

Anyway, currently we have no good art for the Venetian Arsenal UB
So we can brainstorm about giving a new UB for them

Only problem is, that this way the venetians will only be able to get the +1 stability boost (from the manor house) in coastal cities

It seems very fitting for the civ, though maybe too restricting for the player?
But if it obsoletes with Astronomy instead of Divine Right (as you suggested), it will provide a huge advantage that the player can exploit. Especially because Venice techs very fast, and gets a few new cities (i.e. Constantinople, cities in Crete/Cyprus) around the time Divine Right is discovered (i.e. 1200). This means you won't need to postpone Divine Right in order to spam Manor Houses and possibly loose out on your favorite Divine Right Wonders (Magna Carta, Westminster).

@ Absinthered

I downloaded the latest SVN and I can say: AWESOME buildings. But I think some can be improved a little.
1. I see that the hill under the Pressburg Castle is removed, which is good. But now it seems to be floating in the air. Can you lower it down to the ground?
EDIT: Same problem for the Dome of the Rock.
2. You turned the Burgundian Winery so you can see the front in the Civilopedia. Can you also do this with Kazimierz?

@ Absinthered

I downloaded the latest SVN and I can say: AWESOME buildings.

Thanks! I ran through the CFC database and all the bigger mods searching for the most suitable art.
Also revised quite a few of them in NifSkope, including texture changes
But the much bigger work was to revise the size of all buildings and wonders:
In the citysets - both general size and Lsystem size - and of course in the civilopedia too
Needed countless test starts...

But I think some can be improved a little.
1. I see that the hill under the Pressburg Castle is removed, which is good. But now it seems to be floating in the air. Can you lower it down to the ground?
EDIT: Same problem for the Dome of the Rock.
2. You turned the Burgundian Winery so you can see the front in the Civilopedia. Can you also do this with Kazimierz?

Yep, I definitely intend to revise some of them
Pressburg, Dome of the Rock, and a couple others (but to a lower degree) are not perfectly centralized in the civilopdeia.
The problem is that they look perfect ingame (in the map screen, when looking at your cities) this way
I'm not yet perfect in NifSkope, but eventually I will fix them in the civilopedia too

Also, I'm not yet statisfied with a couple buildings
For example Venetian Arsenal (maybe a new UB, as discussed in the very same thread), Bulgarian Stan, Imperial Diet, etc...
Just post if anyone finds a better art to any of these. Actually not just these, to any of the ingame structures
Oh and I can turn Kazimierz, but not sure if it will look better that way... You mean 90 degress clockwise?

Oh and I can turn Kazimierz, but not sure if it will look better that way... You mean 90 degress clockwise?

Never mind. Looked a second time at it and it turning it around doesn't makes much difference.

I have a suggestion for the Kazimierz, as it seems a bit overpowered to me.
Can it be changed so that it only provides a free jewish quarter in the cities that have judaism as a religion? To get the most out of it i would like the Kazimierz to spread judaism to the top five commercial cities in your empire or maybe provide five jewish missionaries so you can choose for yourself.
That way it would not give a flat +25% :gold: bonus on the whole empire. What do you think?

Kazimierz is also on the list of overpowered wonders, I agree
Free jewish quarters only in the cities which already has judaism as a religion sounds very weak though
5 jewish missionaries doesn't really make sense to me. Also, it would probably end up in strange results in the hands of the AI
Spreading it into the top 5 commercial cities sounds too hard to code for a small wonder effect

So these are not the best options IMO, but changing the wonder bonuses is definitely on the plate

Top Bottom