OptNES III: Foundry of Nations

Expletives. How in the expletives do you conserve layers in a save file? Expletives maps aren't going to work properly.

Expletives expletives expletives.

If you use GIMP, save the file as a .xcf this conserve the layers.
When uploading you need to make a seperate .PNG (or something) file to do that, because .xcf files are denied (at least with IMGUR)

I use Paint.net, but there is a similar file type there, .pdn. I'd been using that, but for some reason the layers didn't seem to have stayed.

Edit: I've got it! The layers are there!

...er, sort of. For some reason, it thinks I want to work on the background layer, but I don't and I don't know how to switch between them. I'll Google it.
We'll be back on track soon.

Edit 2: Got it. We're go again.

Man, if you can't switch layers with Paint.NET, you're dumb. Sad but true. :p

Man, if you can't switch layers with Paint.NET, you're dumb. Sad but true. :p

Not everyone knows how to use image editing programs. :rolleyes:

It's as simple as clicking a layer in the layer window. :p

I'll have you know that finding buttons is very difficult sometimes. :p

I have you know that when you pass the mouse cursor over it, it highlights. :p

The layer window wasn't open by default. :p That said, I can't believe I couldn't find it before.

All the PC nations are on the map! Took way longer than expected though.

Update is still in the works, but should be done and posted by end of tomorrow now that I have the map to work with. Sorry for the massive wait. Hopefully I can get a proper schedule up and running for future updates.

It's cool, at least with me. The lack of an update zero is my current reason for completely ignoring further development of the Tengalu culture in favour of doing my end of term essays. In fact an update Wednesday/ Thursday fits perfectly with me.

I am with vertinari on this one :p

Whew! Dodged a bullet there :D

It's cool, at least with me. The lack of an update zero is my current reason for completely ignoring further development of the Tengalu culture in favour of doing my end of term essays. In fact an update Wednesday/ Thursday fits perfectly with me.

Yup. Me as well.

Same here, just waiting on the update at this point.

Name of Nation/Player: Kingdom of Asgarnia/Lord_Herobrine
Capital: Asgarn
Colour: Dark Green (If already taken, Dark Purple)
Demonyms: Asgarnian / Asgrish
Flag:

Government: Monarchy
Religion: Asgarnism / Believes in the worship of their kingdom, and nothing else. Some extremists of this religion may even go as far as dedicating their entire lives to the kingdom. The religion teaches that Asgarnia is almost god-like. To serve their kingdom and their flag, the religion tells how education and total devotion to the nation is the only way to truly become Asgarnians. The religion has developed the Asgarnian Code as well. The Asgarnian Code basically describes where the followers priorities are. Self-> Family-> Community----------------> Country
Engines: Terracraft, Airship
Conventional Soldiers: Light Infantry, Lancer, Musket
History:
The Asgarnians grew out of a surpsingly patrotic area. The peoples themselves were self-taught militarists that thrived off the conquering and pillaging of other peoples. As these raids grew in frequency, so did the number of men devoted to the cause. Eventually, several of these groups joined each other to form a stronger, more united force. With this new power came the responsibilities of a nation, thus forging it into a kingdom that thrives on the delta of the river Asgar. When the kingdom as its known as today arose, a religion devoted to the kingdom arose beside it. This religion helped to grow the relatively new nation and is responsible for its diehard patriots that will end at nothing to see the Asgarnian flag cover the known world.
Description:
The Asgarnian kingdom is a state well known for its diehard extremists and zealots. The Asgarnian code teaching to put their community at the top of their list, and their country up in the stars is born into them and flexed throughout their lives.

Suits me fine. I'd actually prefer if I didn't have any more signups before the update, because then I have to slot them in to the format I'm using (which is unusual) and there's only so many ways to do that.

Be happy to have more players after the update though! :D

I hope this doesn't end like the previous OptNES... :trouble:

Okay, I'll just quote my application for next sign ups. :p

That's fine. I didn't realise I'd crossposted with that, sorry. :p

Your submission is fine, and fits well in with the other PCs on that continent (Dai Khol, Movadimn, Jedorra). It may even get into update zero :)

You didn't, he completed his sign-up post half an hour after you posted. :p

Top Bottom