Darths and Droids Mafia- Game Thread

Hey, we're not supposed to tell that to the others POST DELETED.

Day 11 Over. Update soon.

Tally:

Mergle: 3 (Buddhafish, Zack, topsecret)
Buddhafish: 2 (Mergle, Gone 3 the Celt)
Gone 3 the Celt: 1 (Backwards Logic)

The citizens of the planet that shall henceforth be known as Dagobah seemed a bit split as to who they should kill, for the first time in a while. It seemed that everybody had a valid reason why they couldn't be killers.

Ultimately, though, they decided that Mergle should be lynched.

"He has a goatee!" one cried. "He can't be trusted. He must have been lying about his scans the whole time! He's flying that Space Dreadnought that's killing us! And he also smells bad."

"Nonsense!" protested Mergle, "I smell just fine, thank you very much. I've been an advisor to the Queen for ages, I should smell good."

"LIAR!"

"Very well, I suppose if this is what it comes down to..."

Mergle promptly touched a secret button on his goatee, transforming him into the Trade Federation captain, Daultay Dofine. At the same time, the button summoned the space dreadnought he had commanded for weeks, the Invisible Hand.

"STEP AWAY! NOW! OL I WIRR BROW US ARR TO SMITHELEENS WITH THE INVISIBRU HAND!"

The townies complied, not wanting to die, while Mergle fled on to the Invisible Hand.

"Werr, that went bettel than expected, except fol the palt wele I armost died. I shourd reave now."

Before he could make a jump into hyperspace, though, a bunch of other ships appeared, and an epic space battle broke out over Dagobah. Most weren't on Mergle's side. The Invisible Hand put up a good fight in the battle, but greater numbers ultimately got the better of it, and it broke in two and burned up in he atmosphere. Mergle, presumably, died with it.

The townies mostly watched this from the ground in awe, although the dead Backwards Logic attempted to fly a ship into the battle. He probably could have, if not for the whole being dead part.

They noticed the Lost Orb of Phantastcoria, which had presumably been powering something on the Invisible Hand, fall out of the sky, and fall next to them on the ground, unharmed.

They contemplated voting on it, tomorrow then decided that would be unnecessary (there's pretty much zero chance that tomorrow won't be the last day, so there's no real point)

Spoiler :
Mergle was lynched! He was Sio Bibble! He was Town!

Spoiler :
Actually, he was Daultay Dofine! He was a member of the Trade Federation! (Mafia)

Players:

1. askthepizzaguy Killed Night 3, R2-D2
2. Autolycus Killed Night 10, Qui-Gon Jinn
3. azzaman333 Killed Night 8, Owen Lars
4. Backwards Logic Killed Night 10, Captain Antilles
5. BSmith1068 Lynched Day 4, Count Dookû
6. Buddhafish
7. CivCube Lynched Day 3, Jango Fett
8. CivGeneral Vengeful Lyncheed Day 6, Boss Nass
9. classical hero replaced by NinjaCow64 Killed Night 5, Chewbacca
10. Darth Caesar Lynched Day 6, Greedo/Han Solo
11. Dreadnought Killed Night 1, Darth Maul
12. Gone 3 The Celt
13. Jarrema Killed Night 9, Luke Amidala
14. JoanK Killed Night 2, Beru Lars
15. johnhughthom Killed Night 8, Obi-Wan Kenobi
16. Kennigit Killed Night 5, Padme Amidala
17. Mat93 Lynched Day 10, Shmi Skywalker
18. mechaerik Killed Night 7, Anakin Skywalker
19. Mergle Lynched Day 11, Daultay Dofine
20. SamSniped Killed Night 10, C-3PO
21. SouthernKing Lynched Day 5, TZ-4
22. spaceman98 Lynched Day 9, Watto
23. Takhisis Killed Night 4, Jar-Jar Binks
24. The Black Knigh Lynched Day 8, Han Solo
25. topsecret
26. traius replaced by Ravus_Sol Killed Day 10, Bail Organa
27. Visorslash Lynched Day 1, Nute Gunray
28. Xenoneb Lynched Day 7, General Grievous
29. Zack

Begin Night 11. It will end in: [TIMER="2/8/2013 12:00 AM PST; Night 11 Over"][/TIMER]

culses! foired again!

And it wourd've wolked too, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids.

Yeah. Stupid Bhudda.
You should have not done that, dhudda.
It really ended our game, and I want fooda.
Now who will win?

The first member of the town network was scum, can you see why I didn't want to get involved in it?
What's the problem? He was forced to bus his own teammate(s), and even offered one up for free. When his usefulness ended and true allegiance became clear, he was lynched.

You do realize that this means you were never scanned 'town' Zack, right? :mischief:

Not necessarily. Mergle WAS tracked visiting ATPG night 1, which means he had some sort of ability not related to killing. Not to mention, revealing oneself as a scanner to someone such as myself is an extremely risky action without some sort of assurance that I'm town, and doesn't make much sense so early in the game if it's a completely blind shot in the dark.

But I don't think you we're being serious, anyways. :p

culses! foired again!

And it wourd've wolked too, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids.

And not their stupid dog?

Night Eleven Over. Update to come.

As it turns out the game ends tonight, this one might take a while.

The citizens of the planet that shall henceforth be known as Dagobah had gone to bed knowing that the Trade Federation had finally been defeated, and there was no way the Empire could continue this for much longer. This would end, tomorrow.

Sadly, they critically understimated the Empire's strength, and guessed wrong as to which one was imperial.

Buddhafish sat in his house, unable to sleep. He was happy that he had survived lynching the previous day, happy the owner of the Bar he liked going to a lot was still alive, and happy that he had somehow managed to prevent a few deaths long ago. If only he could have used that more to prevent some of the more recent deaths, including the ones that were about to happen...

A figure with a lightsaber entered his house. "The last imperial, you must be. Allow you to live, I cannot. Kill you, I will.

"Wait... Yoda? Gone 3 the Celt? Is that you? You're one of the ones that's been killing people?"

"Not every night. But kill, yes, I have. But for the town, I kill, not for you, and not for the Federation. Killed mechaerik, I did, and know that, you should. Imperial."

"But I'm on your side! I saved people by predicting they would die!"

"And know you have not sense joined the Empire, How do I not? Prime conversion target, you are. Believe you, why should I?"

"If it's not me, you're hopelessly outnumbered! Can't you see that?"

"And so what if you it is not? Expect me to do nothing, you do, and tomorrow anyway lynch you we would? Destroy you, I must."

And so, Yoda tossed his lightsaber at Buddhafish's chest, cleanly bisecting him.

Buddhafish died, and he looked kind of weird with blood gushing out of him. Normally that doesn't happen with lightsaber wounds. He was a strange being. But most certainly a townie.

Spoiler :
Buddhafish was killed! He was Ponda Baba! He was Town!

"Oh," said Gone 3 the Celt, "Crap."

He then heard evil laughter outside of Buddhafish's house, went out to investigate, and saw the figure in an imperial officer uniform that had killed Backwards Logic.

"Unfortunately, my little green friend, you should have listened to him." said the figure, as he removed the uniform to reveal a black cloak and a lightsaber somehow hidden underneath.

"You... Palpatine... Zack... the last imperial, you are?"

"That is correct. Now witness the full power of the dark side!"

Zack unleashed a barrage of Force Drain Lightning at Gone 3 the Celt.

"No effect on me, it has. I'm not angry!"

"Yes you are."

"Nuh-uh!"

"You mad bro?"

Gone 3 the Celt jumped above the Lightning and towards Zack. Zack jumped away.

"You will die, and my empire will rule for a thousand years!"

"Not if anything to say about it I have! Uh... sorry, that sounded so much better in my head. Can I come up with a better one liner?"

"Wait, are we talking in character or not? And is this the movie or the comic right now?"

"Uh..."

Zack took this moment to pull out his own lightsaber, and swing it at Gone 3 the Celt, who blocked it. The two proceeded to duel around the planet that shall henceforth be known as Dagobah, going through lots of random parts that seemed to correspond to parts of the planets the comics had visited. It lasted for hours, with lots of epic music, occasional scenery destruction, and more epic music. There weren't any space battles this time, though, as the Peace Moon was still recharging its main weapon and the fleet that had been here before had long since left.

After these several hours, they were tired.

"It seems this contest will not be decided by our skills with a lightsaber," said Zack, "but by our knowledge of the force."

"So... Challenge me to force arm-wrestling, you do?"

"Sure, why not?"

Zack lifted a rock. Gone lifted two rocks. Zack lifted a starship. Gone lifted a slightly bigger one. Zack lifted a building, and tried to drop it on Gone, who lifted the building, and threw it at another one.

"I LIFT THE ENTIRE PLANET!" said Zack. A few tiles from the collapsed building fell, technically meaning the planet had been lifted.

"I LIFT THE ENTIRE GALAXY!" said Gone 3 the Celt. It's possible it moved, but given the distances and the limitation of the speed of light, it's hard to tell.

"Oh, come on," said Zack, "If we're using weird applications of the laws of physics to justify moving things this big with the force, I can technically move the entire universe somehow with them.

"Hmm. A good point, you make. Resume lightsaber duel, should we?"

"Sure," said Zack, smiling, "But I think we're evenly matched."

"Then smiling, why are you?"

"Because I know something you don't know."

"Not left-handed, are you?"

"What? I've been using my right hand this entire time! That doesn't make sense.

No, what I know is that I grabbed the Lost Orb of Phantstacoria before coming here. It should have charged up the Peace Moon by now."

And indeed, the Peace Moon was charging.

"...You Cheated."

"Oh, heavens! I cannot belive I violated the detailed rules and regulations we agreed upon before beginning this contest. Oh, wait, we didn't agree to any, did we?"

"Well, actually, there's that list of rules choxorn posted at the beginning of the game, and I don't think you can get items like that."

"...Gameplay and Story Segregation, biznitch."

"...Suck, you do."

"Now, where was I? Oh yes, WITNESS THE FIREPOWER OF THIS FULLY ARMED..."

"No really, suck, you do. Up. Shut."

"STOP INTERRUPTING MY EVIL VILLAIN MONOLOGUE!"

"If you're so evil, eat this kitten."

"Wha... What? That's horrifying! Even evil has standards, you crazy... wait, where did you get that kitten, anyway?"

"Uh... Know, I do not. Kittens in Star Wars, are there even any?"

"I don't know either. One thing I do know is that I have UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!"

At that moment, Gone 3 the Celt noticed that Zack had been slowly backing away from him for the past minute of their conversation, in order to get him out of the collateral damage range of the Peace Moon's laser. Which fired, at that precise moment, at Gone 3 the Celt.

"I DEFLECT THE PEACE MOON MAIN LASER WITH MY LIGHTSABER!"

"Wait, what? Can you do that?"

"I can try! All I need is an epic 20-sided die! Sadly, I think Pete doesn't have another one of that exploding one."

"Here, just take this one, I've pre-rolled the ones out."

Gone 3 the Celt rolled the die.

TWENTY!

"WHAT THE F..."

The Peace Moon's laser was successfully deflected by the lightsaber!

...But the roll for where it would go after being deflected came up a two, targeting it directly at the ground, causing roughly the same effect as if it had just hit Gone 3 the Celt. Either way, he died. Though this way, Zack's cloak was slightly singed.

Spoiler :
Gone 3 the Celt was killed! He was Yoda! He was Town!

Zack noticed the sun was coming up, so he decided to go find the lone remaining living townie, topsecret, and "take care" of him.

He found topsecret, the Bartender known as Wuher, selling drinks. "Dae nae kill me!" said topsecret, "I'm just a beartender. I oonly want to puir drinks. I weel not resist your empire."

"Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *takes breath* oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood." said Zack. "Now give me a dry martini, stirred, not shaken."

Meanwhile, Backwards Logic attempted to resist Palpatine, but was too dead to do anything.

Spoiler :
topsecret was Wuher! He was Town!

Zack was Palpatine! He was a member of the Empire! (Cult)

EMPIRE VICTORY!

Congratulations to mechaerik, Ravus_Sol, and Zack!

More detailed standings to come in the following posts, along with Role PM's, QT links, and all the assorted things posted at the end of a game. I'm afraid some will have to wait until tomorrow, as it's 1 AM and I'm tired, but I can easily post the detailed standings and QT links.

Final Placing:

:trophy: First Place (10 points): Zack

:trophy2nd: Second Place (9 points): mechaerik

:trophy3rd: Third Place (7 points): Ravus_Sol

Fourth Place (3 points): topsecret

Fifth Place (2 points): Autolycus, Backwards Logic, Buddhafish, CivCube, CivGeneral, Gone 3 the Celt, Jarrema, Kennigit, SamSniped, The Black Knigh

Last Place (0 points): askthepizzaguy, azzaman333, BSmith1068, NinjaCow64, Darth Caesar, Dreadnought, JoanK, johnhughthom, Mat93, Mergle, SouthernKing, spaceman98, Takhisis, Visorslash, Xenoneb

If Zack is still alive at the end of the game, that's usually either extremely good or bad news for town. Nothing in betweeeeeeen.

QT's, that I am aware of:

Trade Federation QT
Dead QT

The Empire never made a QT to the best of my knowledge, probably because they never had more than 2 members at the same time.

GM QT, full of my random commentary as to how the game was going. It also contains a mostly unorganized list of all of the night actions in the game and their results. I'll organize it all into one post tomorrow.

Did no one else notice how Zack was happy to kill off people who'd been as good as confirmed innocent early in the game, but kept insisting he was innocent based on a night 2 scan?

Top Bottom