Nitpicky Things You'd Like Fixed

Ability to build naval units without founding city directly ON the coast. Maybe a Port tile improvement which would be where the new ship appears/gets built.

Canal tile improvement - to move ships across that barely landlocked area, similar to how founding a city on a single land tile allows you to move your ships across it (Maybe combine with Port improvement in some way)

Ability to tell puppets to - [x] Avoid Growth

Choose priority of border growth (Food, Work, Gold)

Ethnically correct units. It makes no sense to play as Songhai (or even Zulu) and have your entire army (besides the UUs) look Caucasian.

Thought of another one:

- Add something to turn off auto-spawn of Great Prophets without having to auto-buy a building, Inquisitor or Missionary

I think if you do that though then after a while you should stop accumulating Faith, as otherwise you'd end up with obscene amounts of insta-Great People.

Use another term other than "tourism", which falls short of embodying the kind of gravity that cultural domination should exert. Nobody shifts their ideology because of a superior vacationing spot.

Prominence
Prestige
Recognition
Emigration
Exposure
Renown
Stature
Eminence
Sway
Impact

So many good words to use. All carry a heavier connotation of cultural influence than "tourism". Heck, I'd take "zeigeist" or "mindshare" over "tourism".

Use another term other than "tourism", which falls short of embodying the kind of gravity that cultural domination should exert. Nobody shifts their ideology because of a superior vacationing spot.

I agree, also they should rename happiness to "stability" or even "harmony"

That's really what happiness is in this game.

Switch the Modern Era and Atomic Era splash screens. Highway networks look more futuristic than some film noir setting in daylight.

Have Montezuma not say words that are borrowed from Spanish, especially in his intro screen.

WWII Infantry to be in the Atomic era or require one more prior tech to get, also not be 20 strength higher than GW Infantry, most of the armies of the world entered the war with the EXACT same equipment as they did in the last one. More mobile MG's and mass issued SMG's don't really qualify for that big of a combat boost, especially considering my second gripe.

Musketman to have a significantly higher combat strength when compared to Longswordsmen and other Medieval units in general. Muskets (not those pathetic hookguns) were battlefield changing weapons yet there isn't a sense of urgency to get them at all.

Change Oda's leader screen such that he does not stand in a landscape that resembles the Bliss desktop wallpaper in Windows XP (the default desktop wallpaper).

It would be interesting to see him stand in front of a Torii gate.

Portugal's loadscreen changed to something more fair with the Portuguese; actually, they could change the whole game to focus in the civilizations, not in the leaders. For instance, I hate how the civ list is sorted by the leaders...

Railroad to be an Industrial era tech, rather than a Modern one, and actually have less prerequisites than Flight and Radio, rather than 4 and 8 more respectively.

Krepost to be a Wall replacement, rather than a Barracks replacement.

:gripe:

For the love of god, Firaxis, please exhume the "fortify" command from Sub-Menu Hell. This is not a sparingly-used command to be relegated to the attic along with gifting and deleting.

Can I get an "amen", brothers and sisters?

This is for all of us lost soulds who don't want to have to slide out the keyboard just to hit "f" a bunch of times and then slide it away again.

For the love of god, Firaxis, please exhume the "fortify" command from Sub-Menu Hell. This is not a sparingly-used command to be relegated to the attic along with gifting and deleting.

Use the keyboard but also yes.

You can get an amen for your post about "tourism", they really should use another term.

Have Montezuma not say words that are borrowed from Spanish, especially in his intro screen.

This, so much. Montezuma should speak purely Nahuatl words. It gets especially jarring with "Imperator de los Aztecas". I think Pacal and Pachacuti may have some Spanish in their dialogue too, not sure on that.

True, almost all leaders in the game speak modern versions of their languages, instead of what they would actually have been speaking in that time period. But this is acceptable because in Civ 5 the leaders are immortal god-figures that lead their country from ancientest history right up until the present day.

It's less acceptable in the case of the Mesoamerican civilizations for their leaders to speak Spanish words since that is using words from another language, as opposed to simply using a modern form of their own language.

Edit: Amen to exhuming Fortify from Sub-Menu Hell!

Top Bottom