Status
Not open for further replies.
A fully zoomed out screenshot of the strategic view would be nice.
Is there a way to zoom out further?
Spoiler :

1711390528231.png

So they've both spawned at the very edge of their region, placing them next to each other.
I guess this type of thing is allowed.

Both civs moved. You can't have a Natural Wonder within radius 4.

Each civ should have 3 luxuries in radius 3 (the off-region one needs to be in radius 2).

The circled tiles are more likely starts.

1711415074129.png

Both civs moved. You can't have a Natural Wonder within radius 4.

Each civ should have 3 luxuries in radius 3 (the off-region one needs to be in radius 2).

The circled tiles are more likely starts.
Ahh they moved before settle and sort of screwed themselves over?
So part of this problem is maybe a better AI not just defaulting to sip?

I couldn't finish one of religious national wonders - Grand Ossuary - because kept losing 1 required global follower. It usually just canceled, and I could start again once I converted more pops. But this time it got stuck even though I was pretty sure I had more than enough required followers. Couldn't pick any production/skip turn. It crashes the save on loading.

Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong? I can load 2 turns before and try something else.

I use More Wonders mod, but I don't think it changes this wonder.

Attachments

• Sid Meier's Civilization V - GrandOssuaryStuck.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization V - GrandOssuaryStuck.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
I couldn't finish one of religious national wonders - Grand Ossuary - because kept losing 1 required global follower. It usually just canceled, and I could start again once I converted more pops. But this time it got stuck even though I was pretty sure I had more than enough required followers. Couldn't pick any production/skip turn. It crashes the save on loading.

Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong? I can load 2 turns before and try something else.

Sounds like a bug. Would be great if you could upload the saves and a description how to reproduce the behavior to GitHub

I cannot remember if I mentioned this (And if there's a GitHub entry for it, do let me know), but the goodie huts still seem to grant tiles to Russia.
I think this was said to be patched out in 4.5.0 or earlier, as well as perpetual culture-tile growth mechanic added.

Is it possible I misinterpreted and this is working as intended?

I've definately had that happen to me before, often because the AI is inquisitoring my recent conversions. Its annoying but not normally a bug.

I've definately had that happen to me before, often because the AI is inquisitoring my recent conversions. Its annoying but not normally a bug.
Yes its not easy to reform, go early for CS and make temple higher prio, worst case I need to conqer a few cities and convert them.

I cannot remember if I mentioned this (And if there's a GitHub entry for it, do let me know), but the goodie huts still seem to grant tiles to Russia.
I think this was said to be patched out in 4.5.0 or earlier, as well as perpetual culture-tile growth mechanic added.

Is it possible I misinterpreted and this is working as intended?
It is possible the change have been reverted. There is a recent change which allowed border growth to "continue" when reaching max tiles, allowing bonuses on border growth to keep activate. This mean that the goodie hunt tile bonus is no longer detrimental to Russia (and over on border growth bonuses).

What does red color mean in a trade window for capitulation? That the losing party doesn't want to capitulate or they cannot? They do have a vasssal.

What does red color mean in a trade window for capitulation? That the losing party doesn't want to capitulate or they cannot? They do have a vasssal.
Pretty sure means impossible, I get that on some lux trades in current game.
Now why its impossible is a different question.

Unless you are at war (at which point you pretty need 100 war score to impose capitulation), only players which are threatened, weak, like you, and think you are strong enough to defend them, will ask for Capitulation.
To answer your question in detail, indeed the red font in trading windows is for anything the IA will propose "Impossible" as an answer.

Ok. Although sometimes it's weird that AI won't capitulate even if it's in their best interest. It's probably better to be a vassal of a much stronger empire than losing couple of cities including the capital.

Is it normal to get about 3k gold from a single tribute? King difficulty, standard speed, Industrial era. Seems too much.

Is it normal to get about 3k gold from a single tribute? King difficulty, standard speed, Industrial era. Seems too much.
Full authority provides a lot of gold from tribute, even more as zulu or mongolia.
Not sure if/how it scales to speed.
There is a difference between affable CS compared to reclusive ones where the former give you more.
Still 3k sounds like a bit much, late industrial?

Full authority provides a lot of gold from tribute, even more as zulu or mongolia.
Not sure if/how it scales to speed.
There is a difference between affable CS compared to reclusive ones where the former give you more.
Still 3k sounds like a bit much, late industrial?
Not authority, though. Progress, Statecraft, Industry, Autocracy as Poland. About mid industrial, I guess, just built factories.

Is tribute considered a mission? Because Statecraft increase those.

Last edited:
Not authority, though. Progress, Statecraft, Industry, Autocracy as Poland. About mid industrial, I guess, just built factories.

Is tribute considered a mission? Because Statecraft increase those.
Hrm if it was requested as quest by other CS then that would make sense as statecraft, you get both tribute gold+quest gold(this lump boosted by statecraft).

I'll check then. But it was for 2 cities in a row, so there is little chance that for both of them in particular there was such quest, but it's possible.

I'll check then. But it was for 2 cities in a row, so there is little chance that for both of them in particular there was such quest, but it's possible.
Just move some troops to a cs and you see approx what you get, you dont need to do the tribute to see the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom