Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

Try this, :cool:

1) Buy the XCom Squad in Salvador - move the Bazooka out and then Promote it only with Rough+Heal.
*) Next turn - So that you can parachute the squad right after you declare war in the same turn
2) Move the Tank out of the fort across the Wall and into Indonesia's territory on the Banana Tile - and then, send immediately back into the fort. This is to declare War.
... ...

And thank you, @Zyxpsilon

A Indonesian soldier is occupying the banana tile.

:p

We're nearly there...

Only 1 more missing:

Ottoman Carpentry (Win the Scramble for Africa playing as the Ottomans on Deity.)

...and 2 are currently bugged:
Pickett's Recharge (Capture Gettysburg with a Confederate Infantry unit possessing the George Pickett promotion.)
Dr Livingstone I presume? (Playing as Belgium, move your Stanley Explorer to within a tile of England’s Livingstone Explorer.)

Workers of the World-Unite!

Five turns before victory-sorry I couldn't get turn before.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0320 AD-1900.Civ5Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 302
(as I'm lacking space in the frontpage postings please try to make these two with only 1 save, thanks! :D)

Try flicking a PM to The_J, he's usually happy enough to add another post for you to use on the front page for stuff like this. He's done it for the Civs wanted and the Leader translation topic, so it'd be worth a shot and give you more room to move

6 more missing:
Workers of the World - Unite! (Win a Cultural Victory using the Order Ideology.)

My "Poland" save already has that one. It might be a bit of a long stretch with both musicians -- or/and a few more turns of Tourism, though !!

I just finished "Conquest w/Autocracy" as Portugal. I looked for it in your current saves on the first page and couldn't find it. I'll consult again. Maybe, i'm somehow tired!! :lol:

EDIT; Okay, it's in your "Indo Enemy blade" save. So, we're nearly done -- indeed.

Took me a while, but I finally got Ottoman Carpentry :) Just end the turn and you should get it, however, there's a lot of stuff on the map so I'd suggest putting it in strategic view first or you may be waiting a long time for the turn to process.

Ottoman Carpentry

Ha! This one worked out very nicely:

BNW [FeiLing] - Venice Order.Civ5Save
End the turn. Select "Wait...just one more turn". Then capture Addis Abeba!
Queen of the Adriatic (Beat the game on any difficulty as Enrico Dandolo)
Workers of the World - Unite! (Win a Cultural Victory using the Order Ideology.)
Better Red Than Dead (Win a Conquest Victory using the Order Ideology.)
The Great Betrayal (As Venice, capture the Holy City of the religion that the city of Venice follows.)

It's a DOUBLE VICTORY :lol::D:goodjob::
Spoiler :

edit)
REMINDER:
Only 1 more missing:
Ottoman Carpentry (Win the Scramble for Africa playing as the Ottomans on Deity.)

I actually have completed Ottoman Carpentry and have a save for it, but my post containing the link hasn't shown up in this thread yet. I'm assuming that has to do with my non-existent post count. Hopefully it will show up soon though.

Edit: NVM. Right as I posted this my previous post showed up 2 posts above you

I actually have completed Ottoman Carpentry and have a save for it, but my post containing the link hasn't shown up in this thread yet. I'm assuming that has to do with my non-existent post count. Hopefully it will show up soon though.

Edit: NVM. Right as I posted this my previous post showed up 2 posts above you

That is really weird, I'm pretty sure that posting (#331) wasn't there until just now.

Yeah, sorry about that.
Sometimes legitimate posts get caught in the spam prevention systems, and then we have to manually go through them and approve them if necessary. And that's not a process which we do 24/7, but only at a few times per day, so sometimes it takes some time til a post appears here in the forum.

The gold started to build up when I ran out of things to buy and the European civs all offered me their gpt in exchange for peace mid game.

Yeah, I hope so. I'm just missing those two and apparently connoisseur, which I thought had been removed? It's showing me at 284/287 and it seems the last 3 are unachievable at the moment.

Yeah, sorry about that.
Sometimes legitimate posts get caught in the spam prevention systems, and then we have to manually go through them and approve them if necessary. And that's not a process which we do 24/7, but only at a few times per day, so sometimes it takes some time til a post appears here in the forum.

That would explain it. I figured something like that probably happened because I had never posted before, just browsed anonymously.

Yaaay! :lol: Anyone want to take out side-bets about whether those two broken achievements will be fixed or consigned to oblivion? :scan:

I don't see why the Pickett one wouldn't work, it should be pretty much the same as the Indonesian Enemy Blade one technically. they probably just forgot to put it in or made a typo somewhere?
The Explorer one... I wonder where their limit is; everything that is estimated to need more than 5 min work gets rather just removed? 30 minutes, an hour? Who knows... I don't really care if they drop that one (it seems rather simple, nearly bound to happen automatically anyway during the first 10 or so turns). I just wanna have the 100% asap ;)

Top Bottom