We The People 4.1

- Master carpenters now reqiures a college for education
This means they can be taught at colleges and universities. Every single version prior to 4.1 also allowed schoolhouse. That's what that sentence means. No more and no less.

In general if anybody is uncertain about something, try to look in colopedia. We have put great work into including as much information as possible and there might be a chance that whatever detail you are wondering about is explained there.

- the rebalanced map script offers endless replayability
There are still plans to make random maps even better. This will however take time because not only can changes end up being complicated, they also needs to be tested many times to be somewhat confident that the maps generated are fully playable.

This update is amazingly good! Fantastic work from all of you guys involved.
Thank you for keeping making this mod better and better :) a true labor of love - and it shows!.

Held off on giving a feedback cause I wanted to play through some games, then I ended up not wanting to stop playing.
Now I want to stop praising you guys, cause I want to go play more :worship:

Hello,

first this mod is fantastic, i plays hours and hours of various versions, from TAC to RAR to WTP along the years.

i have a current savegame using 4.0.2.

my question is, is the savegame compatible with 4.1, or do i need to restart a game in order to play the new version?

thanks.

Hello,
thanks a lot for the update... despite I had only a short look into it, I'm impressed again. It feels rounder than before again.

Thanks you.

Thanks for the update. Looks like you have hit a lot of stuff that I was looking forward to.
Am I correct in assuming that the new/alternate movement system is not yet availeble directly?

Why can I not build a new settlement with a prepared settler unit please?
The ONLY way I can do this is by buying the 'Prepared Settler' unit from Europe, even though I am supposed to be able to do this from other units according to their abilities.
I am either doing something very wrong or else there is a nasty bug here.

why can i not build settlement.png

Why can I not build a new settlement with a prepared settler unit please?
Because it is not equipped in Profession "Settler".
(It is one of the major changes in the mod - implemented years ago.)

You would have needed to give it equipment ...
(Similar to the way you equip Pioneers with Tools.)

Please read Colopedia entry for it. :thumbsup:

I am either doing something very wrong or else there is a nasty bug here.
It is not a bug ... you have missed one of our most important game mechanics.
A lot of our game mechanics work differently compared to Civ4Col Vanilla.

All normal Colonist Units can found settlements, but they need to be equipped for it with accordingly - see the Profession "Settler".
(The Expert "Prepared Settler" just allows to buy such a Unit already equipped in Europe and has a tiny Food production bonus.)

Last edited:
Because it is not equipped in Profession "Settler".
(It is one of the major changes in the mod - implemented years ago.)

You would have needed to give it equipment ...
(Similar to the way you equip Pioneers with Tools.)

Please read Colopedia entry for it. :thumbsup:

It is not a bug ... you have missed one of our most important game mechanics.
A lot of our game mechanics work differently compared to Civ4Col Vanilla.

All normal Colonist Units can found settlements, but they need to be equipped for it with accordingly - see the Profession "Settler".
(The Expert "Prepared Settler" just allows to buy such a Unit already equipped in Europe and has a tiny Food production bonus.)

I've gathered it is utterly different - but a LOT more fun.

As far as 'prepared settler' goes, how am I supposed to prepare it then? I have tried under 'change profession' but no option to do this that I have found.
Maybe I should spend some quality time and R that FM, but I tried the 'jump right in' method of course.

I'll get there

As far as 'prepared settler' goes, how am I supposed to prepare it then? I have tried under 'change profession' but no option to do this that I have found.
Check colopedia. It's one of those outdoor professions, which depends on resources being available, just like pioneers only shows up in the list if you have tools.

Will do.
Is there somewhere I can download this please? I'd like to have it available outside of the game itself, preferably on a different machine as it looks like we will be spending some serious time with it open at the same time

Thank You for the new release and keep up the good work, WTP-Team :)
btw: The new gamespeed "build-up" has nearly the same values I personally have set my own "ultra"-game-speed in 4.02 and before, what a coincindence :)

Got this comment on Reddit:
"Anyone have a problem equipping scouts with horses? I have 151 horses, but it says 0 when I mouse over the horse resource in my city."
I think there are two issues at hand here:
1: mouse over text might not hit the right widget
2: scouts need 20 provisions. Horses are no longer enough

Got this comment on Reddit:
"Anyone have a problem equipping scouts with horses? I have 151 horses, but it says 0 when I mouse over the horse resource in my city."
Yes, the Scout Profession also needs Provisions, not just Horses.
It can be read in Colopedia which Yields are required to equip that Profession.

Top Bottom