Red_Spy
Frozen In Ice
SouthernKing
johnhughthom

[2]

JoanK
Alsark

Important Links:

1. Sign-Up Thread: The thread where people signed up for the game, if you hadn't guessed.

2. Prologue: The stage is set - a small fleet of Star Destroyers arrives at Middle-Earth, led by Grand Admiral Zack. This totally makes sense.

3. Player List: A list of all the players in the game, and whether or not they are alive, as well as some other details.

4. Official Game Rules: The rules of the game. Read before you do anything else. Or I will find you and slap you.

5. A note about Victory Conditions: Which factions you need to eliminate to achieve victory. To summarize - your faction must be the only faction left.

6. Night Zero: A fateful marshmallow starts a war, chaos ensues, and the game begins.

7. Day One: No one is lynched. Peace yo.

8. Night One: Someone is injured by Palpatine, Legolas saves a life, and words of wisdom are shared.

9. Day Two: Kennigit finds himself trapped.

10. Night Two: The Black Knigh loses his head; Dumanios shoots first, but forgets his units.

11. Day Three: Autolycus is lynched. Of course they lynch the black guy. And they had the nerve to call Kerwig the Racist racist.

12. Night Three: Aragorn injures one of those damn water-lovers.

13. Day Four: Red_Spy died, an unfortunate and smelly casualty of the Great Counter-Wagon Invasion.

14. Night Four: robbiecon's failure to communicate dooms him; Verarde's toast was burned by a blue stick; Sprig did not give strange men candy.

15. Day Five: Askthepizzaguy meets his crusty end.

16. Night Five: Aragorn's attack is rebuffed, Anakin flexes his STEM muscles, and choxorn meets a mysterious end.

17. Day Six: Backwards Logic tries and fails to make small talk, Nintz dies due to plot-induced clumsiness, and Visorslash is slammed.

18. Night Six: Vader injures someone. Yawn.

19. Day Seven: Camikaze just didn't get it.

20. Night Seven: Witch-King and Saruman's rhymes are conquered by a sexy elf, who is in turn killed by a less-sexy half-cyborg, who is in turn injured by said sexy elf.

21. Day Eight: spaceman98 is lynched in a manner devoid of humor.

22. Night Eight: *yawn*

23. Day Nine: Takhisis was an adventurer like you, until he took a spear to his chest.

24. Night Nine: Mo' injuries, mo' problems.

25. Day Ten: SamSniped's head is chopped off, nice and clean.

26. Night Ten: KingMorgan dances his way to the grave, a droid thwarts a wizard, and the Mouth of Sauron pulls a ding-dong ditch.

27. Day Eleven: The sexist fun ends when it turns out that Frozen In Ice is actually an ugly man.

28. Night Eleven: Darth Vader puts the final nail in the LOTR Cult.

29. Day Twelve: The Star Wars Cult falls to a mathematical black hole.

30. New rules for last phase: Self-explanatory.

31. Begin Final Phase: The last 100 meters.

32. The Final Update: Lord of the Rings Town wins the game.

33. Final Victory Standings: From Total Victory to Total Defeat.

34. Info dump, 1: QuickTopics, Final Phase PMs for both towns.

35. Host Commentary, Part 1: Introduction.

36. Host Commentary, Part 2: Fellowship of the Setup.

37. Host Commentary, Part 3: Abilities. (continues through post #2415)

38. Host Commentary, Part 4: Role PMs. (continues through post #2429)

You must read these rules before playing.

Chanting the rules in the Black Speech of Mordor is optional.

1. Before the game begins, every player will be sent a Role PM. This will tell you everything you need to know about your character: your victory conditions, abilities, background information (copied from either Wookieepedia or One Wiki to Rule Them All), and so on. There are no vanilla townies; every player has, at the very least, a unique character and one ability to start out the game.

2. You are NOT allowed to quote any part of your Role PM or any other PM I send you, in public or in private. You are allowed to say what role you are and what powers/abilities/whatever you have (However, you are forbidden from using the specific name of your ability and from posting pictures from your abilities, but directly quoting your entire Role PM or even partially quoting your Role PM is not allowed. Paraphrase.

Spoiler :
This is okay:

"I am Obi-Wan Kenobi, and each night I can eat spaghetti."

This is NOT okay:

"This is my ability, quoted from my Role PM:"

Ability: Lose Yourself. Palms sweaty? Knees weak? Arms heavy? Each night you can have some of my mom's spaghetti.

This is also NOT okay:

"I have an ability called "Lose Yourself", with a picture of Eminem eating pasta.

3. You ARE allowed to quote private communications you have with other players. However, no screenshots! These can certainly be falsified, and it's tedious to paraphrase private conversations.

Spoiler :
This is okay:

"This is what that schmuck Zack sent me. What an idiot."

Zack said:
Greetings,

I scanned you as town last night. Will you marry me?

This is NOT okay:

"Zack's been acting really suspicious... and weird...

4. You ARE allowed to communicate privately with other living players. Feel free to send PMs, IMs, create your own QuickTopics, whatever. Just don't quote anything from me. Zack the Nosy would be interested in forwarded PM chains and QT links, if you don't mind.

5. Everyone with any active night abilities must send me night orders via CFC's private messaging system. Failure to do so will result in your character performing no action. I would also appreciate it if you title your PM "Night x orders" and quote the ability/abilities you are using in your orders. I will not take orders from QuickTopics.

6. If you're dead, unless I specifically tell you otherwise, the only place you may discuss this game privately with others is in the Dead QuickTopic. You can say anything you wish in the thread, with the following caveats: (1) You cannot reveal information that is not already public, and (2) You cannot say anything to try and influence the living players. Feel free to make snarky comments, curse the name of the people who killed you, or that sort of thing.

7. No Lynch is not a valid lynch option. However, abstaining is allowed. Should you vote for No Lynch, I will count it as an abstain. Invalid votes will also be counted as an abstention, as will unvotes without a re-vote.

8. During the Day Phase, players vote to lynch one player. In order to vote for someone, simply Vote: Player. Votes must be bolded, although the "Vote" tag tag is optional. As for retractions, you may do whatever you want, whether it be striking it out or Unvote, but it is not required. If you unvote without voting for someone else, I will count it as an abstention. If you post during the Day phase, but do not vote, I will automatically count this as an abstention.

9. No editing the content of your posts, and no editing your post at all if it has a vote. Make a new post if you must. Grammar or spelling edits are allowable, but be sure to list the reason in the edit box. Editing a post with a vote in it renders that vote invalid.

10. WOGs will occur as I deem them fit. Please, please don't make me WOG you. If possible, I will replace you, but even that is inconvenient. If I run out of reserves, I may use players who died very early.

11. The host is not a player in this game. Don't try to lynch me or target me with your night actions.

12. Lynch votes that end in a tie will result in the lynching of the first player to reach the tied value. Note that there may or may not be abilities affecting lynch voting, so the tally and results are not necessarily required to match.

13. The player list will be kept updated on the first page, as well as after each update. Each update will be linked to on the first page. Role and alignment will be revealed upon death.

14. If you are going to be absent during the game, you may tell me which night actions to perform while you are away, until you get back. If you intend to miss many days of voting, send me a message explaining why and when you think you'll be back. This way, I won't WOG/replace you.

15. If you have any questions about the game, ask them in the sign-up thread. If there are enough questions or I feel like the same question keeps being asked, I might start an FAQ section.

16. BE ACTIVE! You're encouraged to not only vote, but to participate in lengthy and in-depth discussions in the thread. This game was designed for active players, not inactive ones.

17. Have fun! This is, above all, a game. There will be winners and there will be losers, but having fun is a more important objective than winning the game.

18. If you're unsure whether or not you're allowed to do something, don't do it. You can always ask me, but please look at the rules before asking me a question.

19. Don't use purple. That is the GM color.

ALIVE:

12 / 33

Arakhor
azzaman333
Buddhafish
Darth Feather
dcmort93
Gone 3 the Celt
Jarrema
sirtommygunn
SouthernKing
spaceman98
Stuck in Pi
topsecret

DEAD:

21 / 33

Kennigit - Admiral Ackbar

Dumanios - Han Solo

The Black Knigh - Samwise Gamgee

Autolycus - Lando Calrissian

Red_Spy - Éomer

robbiecon - Jabba the Hutt

Sprig - Arwen

Verarde - Théoden

Askthepizzaguy - Mace Windu / COUNT DOOKU

choxorn - Galadriel

BSmith1068 - Pippin

Visorslash - Aragorn / GANONDORF

Nintz - Anakin Skywalker

Backwards Logic - Yoda / DARTH MAUL

Camikaze - Obi-Wan Kenobi / EMPEROR PALPATINE

Double A - Legolas

Takhisis - Faramir / SAURON

SamSniped - Gollum / WITCH-KING

KingMorgan - Merry

Frozen In Ice - Princess Leia / MOUTH OF SAURON

JoanK - Gimli / SARUMAN

LOTR Cult has been eliminated.

Present Day

"This is an outrage! I am the Dark Lord Sauron, not the Peaceful Diplomat Sauron!"

The arbitrator, Kerwig the Racist, sighed. "Mr. Sauron, I do not care which title you wish to use when referring to yourself. All tha-"

"Hey! My title is a meaningful reminder of my cultural heritage, you racist son of a b-"

"Excuse me! Watch your language, Mr. Sauron!"

"-alrog. What? Son of a Balrog. That's not an expletive. Balrog, Balrog, Balrog."

"No need to refer to the demonic creature, that will only cause panic among the people gathered here, Mr. Sauron."

"Do you have something against Balrogs? Why, you racist son of a b-"

"Mr. Sauron!"

"-alrog!"

The people started growing nervous at the mention of the demonic creature.

"Balrog?"

"Did somebody say Balrog?"

"Oh my!"

"There's a Balrog!"

"AHHH BALROG!"

"Someone's got a bomb on the plane!"

"Samuel Windu, save us from the motherloving snakes all over this motherloving plane!"

Kerwig banged his gavel. "Order, order! There is no Balrog in here, thank goodness."

"You racist son of a-!"

"Enough, Peaceful Diplomat Sauron! Anyways, as I was sa-"

The concerns of the concerned gatherers were, concerningly, not fully soothed. "Wait, but what about the bomb? And the snakes?"

"And Hitler? What about him? Are we absolutely sure he's not here?"

"And how about that airline food? I mean, that stuff's disgusting, am I right? I'm legitimately worried about the nutritional and comedic value of airline food!"

Kerwig took a deep breath. "There's nothing to be afraid of. Now, as I was saying earlier, you - the most important leaders on both sides of this war - have all been gathered together here to put an end to this long and bloody conflict, preferably through peaceful diplomacy."

"Which is inherently racist against war-loving people like myself."

"Mr. Sauron, that doesn't make any sense. Your race has nothing to do with this."

"Stop belittling my racial and cultural heritage!"

"Mr. Sauron, please behave yourself."

Someone from the crowd raises their voice to ask a question. "Why are you stifling free speech, Kerwig? I th-"

"Let me just stop you right there."

"See what I mean? It's my inalienable right to say anything I like! Such as: 'Kerwig is an ugly racist and he sucks.'"

"Okay, that's it! I'm outta here. Solve your own problems, you warmongering fools."

"If that's some kind of racial slur, I will not stand to hear it!"

"Then good thing you're sitting down, you fat piece of <editor's note: the next thirty words are censored>!" Kerwig the Racist left the room in a huff.

Grand Admiral Zack stepped up to the front. "Now, I think we can work out a treaty which satisfies both sides and allows our peoples to coexist peacefully for many years to come. Unless someone shoots me in the head or something equally ridiculous, I think we can get this worked out."

Someone shot Grand Admiral Zack in the head.

"Hey! You shot our leader! We'll never forgive you for this injustice!"

"No, guys, it's okay! It was just a marshmallow shooter, I'm completely uninjured!"

The Grand Admiral was ignored. Chaos ensued, and it appeared it would not end until one side emerged victorious...

<editor's note: Zack - this seems more than a little contrived and inane; what did you say your credentials were, again?>

It is now Day One.

[TIMER=10/26/2013 11:59 PM EDT; Day One Over]your mom lol[/TIMER]

ALIVE:

33 / 33

Arakhor
Askthepizzaguy
Autolycus
azzaman333
Backwards Logic
BSmith1068
Buddhafish
Camikaze
choxorn
Darth Feather
dcmort93
Double A
Dumanios
Frozen In Ice
Gone 3 the Celt
Jarrema
johnhughthom
Kennigit
KingMorgan
Nintz
Red_Spy
robbiecon
SamSniped
sirtommygunn
SouthernKing
spaceman98
Sprig
Stuck in Pi
Takhisis
The Black Knigh
topsecret
Verarde
Visorslash

DEAD:

0 / 33

No one...

yet.

An RNG says to vote: Dumanios

An important note about victory conditions:

If you look at your Role PM, you'll notice that your victory conditions include the phrase "all enemies of [your faction] are eliminated." Who, you ask, are my enemies? If you didn't read the Game Features, you might not know. If you read the appropriate spoiler below, you WILL know. How exciting!

Spoiler Star Wars Town :
Enemies of Star Wars Town:

The following factions must be completely eliminated for you to achieve victory:

• Star Wars Cult

• Lord of the Rings Town

• Lord of the Rings Cult

Spoiler LOTR Town :
Enemies of Lord of the Rings Town:

The following factions must be completely eliminated for you to achieve victory:

• Lord of the Rings Cult

• Star Wars Town

• Star Wars Cult

Spoiler Star Wars Cult :
Enemies of Star Wars Cult:

• Lord of the Rings Cult

Once the above faction is eliminated, you must eliminate at least one of the following factions and have as many or more members in your faction as the remaining faction:

• Star Wars Town

• Lord of the Rings Town

Spoiler LOTR Cult :
Enemies of Lord of the Rings Cult:

• Star Wars Cult

Once the above faction is eliminated, you must eliminate at least one of the following factions and have as many or more members in your faction as the remaining faction:

• Lord of the Rings Town

• Star Wars Town

Vote: Kennigit

Kenngit sounds a lot like Kerwig. Su.... spi... cious....

Plum works better on black cfc skin than purple #madetheswitch #screwweirdbluecfcpeople

I don't understand how anyone uses anything other than Modern CFC. It is the best forum theme I have ever encountered on any site, and it's not even close. Colors look bad in Black CFC, and it's just too dark.

Nobody else uses Turnip? I always think of CFC as being green.
What are you, a Martian?

Top Bottom