AND SVN Build Thread

I usually play with Battlefield Promotions on, even though I know that a bad roll of the dice in combat can promote city defenders just as easily as my units can get promoted, and I've seen Barbarian units be promoted from time to time....

...But I've never seen anything like this :lol:

I saw that lion wandering around between my borders and Russia's borders for a while, but it finally got trapped, and it seems that Ivan's just been throwing catapaults at it the whole time? :crazyeye:
-Strength V
-Drill IV
-Flanking(?) II
-Anti-Siege II

That's one tough Lion :)

Still rev644 by the way. I just thought this was odd and amusing enough to share ^^

That means some of Thunderbrd's Combat promotions (from C2C) are active when they probably should not be. AND2.1 shares many things from C2C's DLL.

Just saw the 665 update myself. Busy Thanksgiving holidays, kids, grandkids, Turkey, pumpkin pie, date nut bars, marathon Minecraft games with the grandkids, getting the home network up to snuff, oh boy!

But it's quiet today.

JosEPh

45°38'N-13°47'E;12933786 said:
Rev644 is a very old revision, that problem with animal promotions should have been solved already in the following revisions. Funny to see that lion nonetheless. :lol:

Oop, was a mistake on my part - it's rev664 I was running, not 644 ^^;
I still see animal promotions on occasion, but usually it's just a Strength I/II promotion and not anything like this :crazyeye:
Not sure why he didn't just send a maceman or something to deal with it!

Oop, was a mistake on my part - it's rev664 I was running, not 644 ^^;
I still see animal promotions on occasion, but usually it's just a Strength I/II promotion and not anything like this :crazyeye:
Not sure why he didn't just send a maceman or something to deal with it!

Mmmm, then I'll need to check again the code because if it was there in rev664, it's definetly there in rev665 too.

That means some of Thunderbrd's Combat promotions (from C2C) are active when they probably should not be. AND2.1 shares many things from C2C's DLL.

Maybe not. Battlefield Promotions has been a part of RAND for a very long time, at least as far back as I can recall. It's in the third tab of the BUG options screen. I think that is what is happening here, and it's simply far more active than normal.

Rev666 (The Revision of the Beast):
Tech Tree Changes:
  • Monotheism prereqs changed to Masonry + Priesthood + Sacrifice (also relocated to X5 Y9 and cost lowered to 110 and deleted Sacrifice as prereq for Holy War); this should remove any religion clustering in the Ancient Era.
  • Relocated Political Philosophy and Superstrong Alloys to clear up masked techs in Science Advisor display.

Graphics Changes:
  • Changed Palisade to use wooden version of Walls graphic (stakes for pre-Columbian American civilizations and Mongols, heavy wood for everyone else) and Walls to use stone version for all civilizations except Native American artstyle.
  • Changed Greek Archer to use new graphics (old graphic used for Greek Slinger)

New stuff:
  • Buildings: Arsenal, Cannon Turret, Combat Simulator, Flight Simulator, Holographic Combat Simulator, Holographic Flight Simulator, Hydroponic Farm, Military Base, Painter's Studio, Photographer's Studio, Printer, Solar Plant, Star Fort, Telegraph Office
  • Units: Battering Ram (new version), Elephant Bombardier, Elephant Cavalry, Redu (new Assyrian UU, Spearman replacement), Shaolin Monk, Siege Ram, Slinger, Steamer
  • Wonders: Abu Simbel, Independenece Hall, Ishtar Gate, Labyrinth of Knossos, Las Vegas Strip, Lascaux Caves, Machu Picchu, Shaolin Monastery, Trafalgar Square

Please let me know if anything goes strange.

Looks like I need to update. Laggard that I am. :p And slow at catching the "Beast"!

JosEPh :)

It looks like I've forgot to update a text file in my latest commit; just download the attached file and extract it in Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\Text folder, overwriting the old file.

Attachments

• ls612_CIV4GameText.zip
    29 KB · Views: 72
Are the latest c2c performance optimizations (paging, etc...) going to be in AND 2.2 Final? I would like to play with as little lag is possible, but after waiting a long time, I have completely given up on the c2c team ever making the rational decision to stop constantly adding endless (literally - it will never end it looks like, and as a result will never be a truly functional mod) amounts of junk and fix/stabilize/balance their mod before adding in more "stuff" into a full-version release.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12942883 said:
They aren't in yet, but they definetly will.

This is something I'm quite eager to see added too. When the next major revision of RAND is released I plan on amusing myself by playing a 15-player hotseat game, by myself, on a gigantic map. The last time I did that, the memory faults started becoming a real problem by about turn 360.

I guess this is something that will make Joseph happy (and other people too); :) I've found the part of the code in the dll that assigns the 8 tiles surrouding a city to the city owner, no matter how strong the culture of a nearby opponent's city might be.

I've made it an option now, and I'll upload this change in the next rev. So now you'll be able to play with fixed borders but at the same time culture usage is being revamped by this option! Looking at the code, I've seen a change I've imported a long time ago from C2C (code by Koshling) that makes Fixed Borders different from what I remembered: right now you can slightly change borders even if you have FB; the trick is that if you want to get a tile which is owned by someone else, you have to have double your opponent's culture on that tile. Until now, either using and not using FB, those 8 tiles around the city were always assigned to the city owner; with the new option "Minimum City Border" you can decide for yourself if you want it that way or if you prefer the "old style" when those 8 tiles were not assigned to the city automatically. I'm doing some test but it looks like it's working. I hope you all will enjoy this change because it means that now culture is much more important in your strategy as you can starve a city with culture or even flip that city to your side the same way.

Let the culture wars begin, I say ;)

Definitely looking forward to testing that minor yet important change ^^

That bit of code is one I fought against and lost in C2C. And forever refused to use FB afterwards (yeah I'm stubborn like that once my mind is made up). But they then added the bit that the Main 8 city tiles couldn't be changed too even if you didn't use FB. :p

I'm looking forward to building culture like I used to in RoM and flip a few cities later in the game.

JosEPh :)

That bit of code is one I fought against and lost in C2C. And forever refused to use FB afterwards (yeah I'm stubborn like that once my mind is made up). But they then added the bit that the Main 8 city tiles couldn't be changed too even if you didn't use FB. :p

I think that part of the code was created before C2C, sometime around 2009 by Afforess (and Dexy maybe?). At the time FB was still optional and so were those 8-tiles, then Afforess made FB mandatory and the same happened for those 8-tiles; but then FB was made optional again (No fixed border option) in C2C and I really can't understand why it wasn't made an option again to let those 8 tiles free; I suspect someone forgot about it and that code became buried somewhere, until I dug it out yesterday. Anyway as soon as we finish a couple more test games, I'll upload a new revision with this new option. If I get some more feedback on the testing thread, I guess we can have this new revision for Christmas. Then we can start testing again with new speed-mapsize-handicap settings.

:clap::hatsoff::)

JosEPh

I just experienced (For the first time amazingly) a very annoying result of that superborder feature. I was marching a large army through Qin's territory, and I razed his capitol with the AP in it a while ago, and the borders sealed up real fast. Fine, no big deal - he can get his units to the two cities I did keep real quickly with the railroads, but I have over a hundred units here. Well, while marching over to the next two cities I find that I couldn't move one of my stacks because it was in Washington's borders! The other stack was too but I could move it to the side and get out, the other stack would have to wait a full turn to get kicked out automatically.

What caused this? Well between turns Washington had captured one of Quin's cities six tiles away (!!) and it immediately swallowed up tiles stretching real far up to the north and south, and snaring two of my stacks in the process. He only just now captured that city! I'm pretty sure the borders will fall back in a turn or two, but it was pretty annoying for my army to be delayed like that because of the capture of a city :lol:

So I'm definitely looking forward to being able to turn it off ^^
*Edit* A turn later and it did indeed revert to mostly China borders, and my units were freed up, but there were still some AMerican tiles scattered about (One that was completely surrounded by Chinese culture on all eight sides), which looked plenty odd given the distance of the city. *shrugs*

Rev667

• Increased espionage cost for civics/religion switch and to spread anarchy, reduced espionage cost to steal techs
  • Cog and galleass minareasize = 20 so that you can't build them on small lakes
  • Dualism/monotheism split on tech tree, now they're correctly displayed
  • New Minimum City Border option; you can now choose if you want those 8 tiles around the city always owned by that city
  • Fixed CustomizableDomesticAdvisor (thank you Sgtslick!)
  • Fixed pedia for factory improvement (thank you nionios!)
  • Enhanced tech diffusion
  • Modern/Transhuman era balancing
  • Snow Castle has economy advisor not military
  • Fixed prerequisites for Ecological Engineering (as per Vokarya's advice)
  • Anti missile battery now correctly goes obsolete with Arcology Shielding, not Arcology (thank you Rezca!)
  • Corrected some blockade code (more will follow)
  • Bombers from modern era onwards can now do 100% damage (was limited to 50% until now)

I'm still working on balancing the game and on that bug with ships blockades, but since it could take some time, I've delayed it to the next revision.

Happy New Year everyone! :newyear:

Top Bottom