The real apartheid state.

Yes. No doubt. And a great many other cities too. But in terms of different nationalities, I believe London leads.

I could be wrong. And it's not a value judgement in any way, I hasten to add.

Wiki says about 36% in both London and NYC are foreign born. However, it says NYC has over 800 languages, which beats out anywhere else. Toronto's got about 50% foreign born on the other hand, not sure about number of languages.

I asked longest running, not the most. I could have been using an obscure meaning of the word though. My bad.

Jerusalem has certainly been the centre of trade routes for a long time, I think.

Wiki says about 36% in both London and NYC are foreign born
OK. I didn't check the figures out before posting. My mistake.

I wonder why they just won't use the stairs, instead of resorting to this loophole. Obviously God isn't an idiot. I mean, obviously he doesn't actually exist, but c'mon.. this is sillier than silly hats.

This is why as a non atheist I prefer atheism to almost any religion, because any religion that has reasonably falsifiable views is a turd religion.

Most modern religions have contained within them the necessary logic to adapt to science and philosophy and aesthetics, and yet most expressions of those religions are too lame to adapt/upgrade/evolve with it.

I just looked up sabbath elevators. I am still not convinced that it isn't a joke, but okay, fine, it isn't a joke.

I don't know:

A Shabbat elevator is an elevator which works in a special mode, operating automatically, a way to circumvent the Jewish law requiring observers to abstain from operating electric switches on Shabbat.

Sounds like a good one to me.

Electrical switches is just the tip of the iceberg. There are 39 prohibited categories of "work", including "demolition", which means you cannot bowl since it involves knocking pins down. The prohibition of "threshing" means you cannot wring water out of clothing. The general restriction of "building", which is also why turning on or off light switches is prohibited, also means that you cannot extinguish a fire even if your house is on fire. But if someone might die as a result, you are required to extinguish it. In fact, saving a life trumps all restrictions.

Mouthwash said:
How do I disprove it any more than I disprove me being part of Hezbollah's propaganda network? If you actually believe that I support segregation, go right ahead.
Mouthwash said:
The strawman goes up, up... and away!
So how do you make sure that Israel stays a Jewish state, again? I'll also note that you aren't denying it.

Electrical switches is just the tip of the iceberg. There are 39 prohibited categories of "work", including "demolition", which means you cannot bowl since it involves knocking pins down. The prohibition of "threshing" means you cannot wring water out of clothing. The general restriction of "building", which is also why turning on or off light switches is prohibited, also means that you cannot extinguish a fire even if your house is on fire. But if someone might die as a result, you are required to extinguish it. In fact, saving a life trumps all restrictions.

This God has a serious sense of humour.

Aren't they supposed to avoid travelling in a vehicle*? So an elevator isn't a vehicle then? (It looks like one to me.) Does it count as stairs?

*I don't know. I seem to remember a prohibition on using vehicles from somewhere.

So how do you make sure that Israel stays a Jewish state, again? I'll also note that you aren't denying it.

Expel Arabs. The loyal ones can stay, the ones that wave Palestinian flags and whine about apartheid can go.

EDIT: Oh this thread has tired me so.

I can understand why: that policy has already been enforced. Unfortunately, thousands of those Arabs work in Israel, so they need to enter and leave daily. But ofcourse, we shan't compare that to SA's Bantustan policy. Because that would be wrong: SA never built a fence around itself (well, except in a figurative way).

I can understand why: that policy has already been enforced. Unfortunately, thousands of those Arabs work in Israel, so they need to enter and leave daily. But ofcourse, we shan't compare that to SA's Bantustan policy. Because that would be wrong: SA never built a fence around itself (well, except in a figurative way).

Enforced? I see plenty of Palestinians with Israeli citizenship, mooching off of our liberalism. Arabs aren't compelled to go to the IDF like Jews and Druze.

Mouthwash said:
Expel Arabs. The loyal ones can stay, the ones that wave Palestinian flags and whine about apartheid can go.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Jewish children. Is that a fair characterization of your views?

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Jewish children. Is that a fair characterization of your views?

Well, yeah. I don't support West Bank settlements. I think that we should have evicted all or most of the population of the Gaza Strip into the Sinai in 67, though. It would have been difficult for them, but look how they ended up.

To be fair, I don't see how Israel can possily justify it's existence unless it claims all of the lands which according to Judaism God gave the Jewish people. Either they have the God-given rights to those lands or they don't.

How can Israel justify the posistion that it has the right to exist on it's current lands in such a way as to not give it the rights to all the lands once part of King David's kingdom?

Top Bottom