Final Fixes Reborn

Have a look at this thread. The function is cannotTrain in CvGameUtils.py but requires to use a Python Callback (explained in the thread).

It doesn't take unit upkeep cost in consideration though.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I think I'm gonna tweak the suggested function to allow 2 free units per city and then one more unit for each population point. One question, though: Does the function
Code:
pPlayer.getNumMilitaryUnits()
only count military units or does it count settlers, workers, great persons and summons as well?

EDIT:
Ok, the code is fairly simple. Looks like the callback for cannotTrain is already activated in AOE, right? Anyway, for my first attempt, I did it like this:

Code:
iNumMilitaryUnits = pPlayer.getNumMilitaryUnits()
iNumCitizens      = pPlayer.getTotalPopulation()
iNumTotalAllowed  = (iNumCities * 2) + iNumCitizens
if  iNumMilitaryUnits >= iNumTotalAllowed:
    return True

I'll have a look tonight if it works as intended. If it does, I'm gonna tweak it some more, giving additional free units for certain civics like conquest and maybe one per great general.

I'm thinking that maybe this would make summons particularly powerful, since they are extra units that need not be trained. We'll see.

@ debiler: good!

I don't know about the specifics of RifE or AOE because I don't play them.

For what I have seen in the dll (BtS one), isMilitarySupport makes a Unit military or not. In BtS, it excludes settlers, workers and great persons but I don't know about summons, you will have to check their isMilitarySupport.

Is Auric Elvin supposed to only have one leadership trait while being labelled a Historic leader? I know Emergent leaders can get more traits throughout the game, but is Auric special in that regard and gets them while a Historic leader because spoilers?

Also, got a crash as the Mekara Order trying to disembark a Vicar from a ship. Testing to see if I can replicate the crash with the Amurites.

Hi lads,

Did you change the <type> for TERRAIN_GLACIAL and TERRAIN_TUNDRA in your updates? If so, was there any particular driver for it and are there any other xml <type> that you have renamed?

Renaming <type> will mean some modules will encounter errors.

Well, I started a new game just for the purpose of making an example. Used Worldbuilder to give me the Baron at turn one, thinking that would make it easy. Actually took me a long time to get a werewolf blooded, and of course it worked the way it was supposed to. Took another long while, and finally, a ravenous elephant that went wandering into the wilderness was attacked by something and blooded itself. I moved it into Torrolerial to make sure it'd be safe for you to look at. Something like 11 experience, but can only forfeit promotions.
Tested and confirmed.
Really weird -.-
I'm sure it will find it's way to the loooong bug list :p

Had a look at the bug list, there are a lot, there are also a lot with the green "Solved" besides them. Keep up the good work fixing them.

Can somebody explain the "Frozen" civ to me? I cant seem to play it, have never seen it in game, and have never seen anyway to Summon/etc them either.

Something is screwy with werewolves, they cant get promotions for some reason. Just have the "forfeit promotion for level" which doesn't help win any wars.

Also Playing as mechanos I moved onto the village that gives werewolf with a "Adeptus" and the only option was "we don't care about their stupid superstitions" (not exact quote)
Is this supposed to happen?

The Frozen can be thought of as a cross between the Illians and Infernals, essentially. They're not playable because the modules hasn't been updated since RiFE 1.3x, though around other projects I've been working on that update for those who still want to play it.

Essentially, the game is unchanged except by the Liberation Ritual, which requires Ice Mana (2 of them, IIRC). On completion of the ritual, the Archangel of Mulcarn, Taranis the Unchanging, who survived his master's demise appears to lead the Frozen civilization. They can (should) access all the rituals that are ordinarily Illian only, and can only adopt the White Hand religion.

The goal of Taranis the Unchanging is two-fold - to re-winter the world, and to beat Auric to ascension. However, there are issues to be wary of. Firstly, like other summonable Civs, if you lose the Taranis hero unit (which can be trained, but only once) you lose your leader traits. Secondly, the Frozen are fallow, and gain no population.

The Frozen have Frozen Souls, which resemble Tar Demons but are functionally the same as Infernal Manes. They are created when a unit with the Wintered promotion is slain, regardless of alignment. The Frozen World spell aids in this, as it adds that promotion to a great many units.

Something is screwy with werewolves, they cant get promotions for some reason. Just have the "forfeit promotion for level" which doesn't help win any wars.

Also Playing as mechanos I moved onto the village that gives werewolf with a "Adeptus" and the only option was "we don't care about their stupid superstitions" (not exact quote)

Yeah this was the thing that I was having a problem with and finally got confirmed just a post above where you started. It has plagued me pretty much since the first version of RifE I ever downloaded. It's not really a solution to your problem, but I can tell you this: Every time they gain a point of strength, there's a chance that the promotion thing will sort itself out and you'll be able to take whatever promotions are accessible to the unit. Don't waste your promotions forfeiting them, just store up the XP, and every once in a while a unit that stays alive long enough will be promotable, and then you'll get 5 or 6 or more promotions at once (if you're lucky).

In updating and fixing the Frozen module, I've run across a bug report regarding Auric as a leader. As has been noted, Auric is meant to have the traits Charismatic and Defender, but only appears to have one trait in game.
The reason is the remnants of the Ice Touched Trait, which are commented out as the trait is no longer needed. However with the lines still present, only the Charismatic trait gets noticed.
However, by removing the commented out section and ensuring that the remaining traits are properly arranged, this issue ceases to exist, and both traits are loaded.

So what is currently:
Code:
			<Traits><!--
				<Trait>
					<TraitType>TRAIT_CHARISMATIC</TraitType>
					<bTrait>1</bTrait>
				</Trait>-->
				<Trait>
					<bTrait>1</bTrait>
				</Trait>
				<Trait>
					<TraitType>TRAIT_DEFENDER</TraitType>
					<bTrait>1</bTrait>
				</Trait>
			</Traits>
Should be:
Code:
			<Traits>
				<Trait>
					<bTrait>1</bTrait>
				</Trait>
				<Trait>
					<TraitType>TRAIT_DEFENDER</TraitType>
					<bTrait>1</bTrait>
				</Trait>
			</Traits>

The name of the village is "Foxford". Moving into Foxford with an mechinos Adeptus does not give any options other then "we don't care about their superstitions"

@ Derf: the reason being that you can't have comments in xml nested tags, it messes up the correct reading of the xml :

Code:
			<Traits>
				<Trait>
				...nested tags...
				</Trait>
			</Traits>

So, you did the right thing :)

Refined Mana affinity does not effect unit strength, it only effects its ranged strength. On gaining more refined mana my units with that affinity did not get stronger, only their ranged strength increased, is this an error?

Should dragons be classed as a beast unit? I find that it is not too hard to collect a couple of dragons using a beastmaster and archers to soften the dragon a bit. Then use the dragon to capture the others.

So I've downloaded the bundle and installed the patch, yet when I use the launcher and click to launch Rife it doesn't load. What I'm doing wrong?

I have the game on Steam.

Refined Mana affinity does not effect unit strength, it only effects its ranged strength. On gaining more refined mana my units with that affinity did not get stronger, only their ranged strength increased, is this an error?

This is intentional.

Edit for detail: I can remember when the new affinity system was added (I.E. the possibly for affinity to affect things other than combat strength); this was specifically on the list of new features. The other examples I remember were the various bonii that D'Tesh units get from the different necromancy mana (and refined ash).

So I've downloaded the bundle and installed the patch, yet when I use the launcher and click to launch Rife it doesn't load. What I'm doing wrong?

I have the game on Steam.

Could you be a bit more specific about the "it doesn't load" part?

Playing the latest version 13.12 and noticed a couple of thing so far.

1. The event where you get a a prophet fo 50 gold, seems to fire a lot, I had like 10 of these in the first 600 turns.

2. Playing as an evil civ, everybody around me (both good and neutral) absolutely hates me. The relationship tag shows a -16 for 'past events' with each of them. Is this intended?

I remember someone once said that if you get an event, it makes it more likely that you'll get it again (see, Muris clan spam) or something to that effect. I don't know if it was ever fixed. Might explain point 1.

Top Bottom