Final Fixes Reborn

I thought it would keep things simple and help avoid micromanagement if whole lines of units had particular promotions, but I can see how it might be too much for lower-level units.

Maybe this might be a better alternative:

1) As I suggested, have Austrin mounted units start with the Adventurer promotion. The Traveler, the Austrin UU Scout replacement, starts with the Adventurer promotion and, like the regular Scout the Traveler can upgrade to a Horseman and, when Horsemen become obsolete, Horse Archer or Chariot. I think it would be easier if the Austrin mounted units started with Adventurer, to avoid the hassle of first having to build Travelers and then upgrade them along the mounted line.

2) Keep Travelers and Explorers as they are, starting with the Adventurer promotion and with Travelers being able to upgrade along the mounted line. It's fun to have the occasional mounted unit with a recon-line promotion like Subdue Animals.

3) Have Trackers, the Austrin UU Ranger replacement, start with Adventurer, Guerilla I, Sentry, and Woodsman I. This avoids the hassle of first having to build Highlanders and then upgrade them to Trackers.

4) Allow Trackers to upgrade to Beastmasters, in addition to the current upgrade paths of Assassins and Recurve Archers. (As with the mounted line, it might be fun to have the occasional archery unit with a recon-line promotion such as Subdue Animals.)

5) Have Austrin Assassins start with Adventurer, Guerilla I, Sentry, and Woodsman I. (Maybe you need to create an Austrin UU for this?) Right now it's cumbersome: you have to build a Highlander, upgrade it to a Tracker, then upgrade that to an Assassin, to ensure you have all these promotions..

6) Have Recurve Archers start with Adventurer, Guerilla I, Sentry, and Woodsman II. This avoids the hassle of first having to build a Highlander, upgrade that to a Tracker, then upgrade that in turn to a Recurve Archer.

7) Have Austrin Champions start with Guerilla I. As with the Austrin Assassin, maybe this needs a new UU as well, I don't know. Regardless, it's easier than trying to avoid Highlanders going obsolete for as long as possible before upgrading them.

8) If Trackers and Recurve Archers do end up starting with Guerilla I, then have Highlanders upgrade only to Champions and further up that line of units.

Maybe this is still a bit much, I don't know, but those are my current thoughts.

Last edited:
Bug report

Steam version.
Applies to both r364 and 14.11.

Active is a land unit transported inside a ship next to land. Unit has movement points and is able to move. Press G, click on land tile. Crash to desktop. No message asking to create dump. Disembarking not via G but via numeric keypad works fine.

Bug manifests every time, in different games, with different units. I'm surprised I cannot find it in the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Bug report

Steam version.
Applies to both r364 and 14.11.

Active is a land unit transported inside a ship next to land. Unit has movement points and is able to move. Press G, click on land tile. Crash to desktop. No message asking to create dump. Disembarking not via G but via numeric keypad works fine.

Bug manifests every time, in different games, with different units. I'm surprised I cannot find it in the spreadsheet.
i figure people don't use boats enough. I'll look into it.

Really no new posts here since 31.07.2023? I guess, I need to check more often the Discord channel. Happy new year btw. ;-)

Still having that annoying Bug, when I click on the left above corner of the map, that the turn ends.

Top Bottom