Game status: Incomplete Retired
Game date: 1838AD
Turns played: 289
Base score: 1021
Final score: 1021
Time played: 10:53:00
Submitted save: Hiawatha_0289 AD-1838.Civ5Save
Renamed file: DrakenKin_C508501.Civ5Save

Forgot to submit the savegame. I had no hope of winning so i quit.

It was good practice however, we always learn more from losing than from winning. I did very well on growth, mistimed my science (NC etc), and I sometimes i play like growth is more important than rushing science buildings but it's wrong. But mostly I was completely out of my comfort zone when it came to warfare, which was needed on this map. I'll keep practicing. ;)

I just finished your DC poly peaceful CV map - I tried 4 city NC tradition there, and it seems that 2 city NC + 2 later is better.

For tech tree, I think pottery - sailing - animal - trapping - archery - mining - writing - beeline to philo (didn't get early optics, as didn't really need lighthouse. Didn't go for early IW as I was not going to get UU) - optics - longhouse tech - currency - something - stole education (!!@#@!!@) - astronomy (t124) to pop rationalism - beeline dynamite, get navigation 10 turns before the attack so that I could build one privateer.

Were you able to start Rationalism just after Tradition ? I ended up having to take one in commerce and it delayed secularism by many many turn... I think I have a T128 Astronomy in my current second playthrough and had to take commerce around 10turns before that. Wasn't lucky to stole education though.

As I wrote in opening action thread I was able to out-tech AI's in beginning renaissance, so despite the fact that previously I had not a single world wonder since then I got all I wanted.
Before the game I was sure that peacefull CV will be much slower then domination type, now I'm not so sure :)
It was my first deity cultural game, so I made a lot of mistakes (eg wrong order resolutions in World Congress) and if I had to repeat the game again and everything went according to plan, I think I would be able to get a result at least 20 turns better. :)

Attachments

• T170.jpg
    T170.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 274
  • T254CV.jpg
    T254CV.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 281
  • T254 culture.jpg
    T254 culture.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 222
As I wrote in opening action thread I was able to out-tech AI's in beginning renaissance, so despite the fact that previously I had not a single world wonder since then I got all I wanted.
Before the game I was sure that peacefull CV will be much slower then domination type, now I'm not so sure :)
It was my first deity cultural game, so I made a lot of mistakes (eg wrong order resolutions in World Congress) and if I had to repeat the game again and everything went according to plan, I think I would be able to get a result at least 20 turns better. :)

WOWWWW, just WOW. peaceful CV t254.... I can only accomplish that only using Sejong/Pedro/Napoleon (of course it is map dependent too).

Btw, I have a few question.How many landmark do you get in your city work range (afaik, antiquity site placement is random), how many workers steal, and where do you put your guilds?

I give up after several try.First I try late autocracy futurism strategy and start popping GP after industrial era, but the +250 tourism is barely effective :crazyeye:

Next, I try my usual Freedom path. But I give up halfway, because I lost too many wonders.(mainly uffizi and louvre) I wonder how you can lead science and still get globe theater at the bottom part of the tech tree.
I start leading in tech starting industrial era, which is too late.

Btw, I have a few question.How many landmark do you get in your city work range (afaik, antiquity site placement is random), how many workers steal, and where do you put your guilds?

I wonder how you can lead science and still get globe theater at the bottom part of the tech tree.

I didn't have any landmarks, stole three workers (two from brazil, one from CS), writers' and artists' guilds were in capital (I had all the time 2-3 food cargo ships to capital so it did not affect the growth), musicians' guild in other city.

Printing press is the way to Scientific theory so construction Globe Theatre did not interfere with science.

My game stalled after turn 125. Austria took Brazil pretty easy and I took a few of her cities but my army was weak and she started to mop me up with hussars. I could of turtled a bit more and got some RAs and science lead but it would be too late to take over the map even with nukes Im pretty sure so the mixture of not enough time to finish and I really think its gonna end up as a loss results in me throwing in the towel. Good map/game though Id like to see more of deity challenges this hard.

I couldn't make the submission deadline, but I did enjoy this one. Iroquois + Arborea -> yes please. In the end it was a fairly easy t277 militaristic CV.

Spoiler :

- Only stole a single Brazilian worker due to barbs camps spawning in awkward places (preventing worker steals from my target CS).

- Built Scout -> Scout -> Monument -> Worker -> Scout

- Opened Full Liberty, Built Pyramids. NC in the mid 80s.

With all my coastal cities + Brazil building tasty wonders I decided some frigates are in order. The only problem is a DoF that I have to wait (and wait) to expire. Finally ready.

His cap included Chichen Izta & Macchu Picchu. I am second to the industrial and leading in all key demos by t170. I even stumbled into host of the World Congress!

Artillery -> Austria (Forbidden Palace) followed. The only real snag was largest army + Commanche wielding Pocatello. I lost much of my land army fighting his forces, before gaining the upper hand. After killing the Songhai it is obvious I will win, so decided to out Tourism the culture leader, France. Totally mistimed the GM generation leaving a 12k Concert Tour for 1-turn post victory.

I really enjoyed this one, although I made too many safe and/or lazy decisions to really push the CV optimally.

Were you able to start Rationalism just after Tradition ? I ended up having to take one in commerce and it delayed secularism by many many turn... I think I have a T128 Astronomy in my current second playthrough and had to take commerce around 10turns before that. Wasn't lucky to stole education though.

very late reply - I think I did. I beelined astro and got it exactly at the same turn.

I won a T340 "CV" after owning all the continent but only after a 200t war. Had to reload many times so I won't bother posting.

Never realized how so slow are the AI! Even unchecked and first place, pocca didn't make it to half of the SV in the 350ies!

Congratulations to the others especially the peacefull IronFigher one, 245 with only a few deity games under his/her belt is indeed impressive :o

Top Bottom