MRA throws entitled hissy fit, commits mass murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in your theoretical example, it is better to focus on the cause, rather than sitting around and saying "Well, he's dead.".

Sure, but if you want to focus on the cause, at least pick something causal to his fall, not something secondary and then blow it up to be the underlying reason. ;)
As has been noted, the web is filled with sites for men/boys with social issues. Only a very tiny percentage of those will go on a shooting spree.

What I said was more towards OP - he tries to pinpoint the reasons for the spree murder, when in fact, chances are, there might be none.

Sure, but if you want to focus on the cause, at least pick something causal to his fall, not something secondary and then blow it up to be the underlying reason. ;)
As has been noted, the web is filled with sites for men/boys with social issues. Only a very tiny percentage of those will go on a shooting spree.

"He fell down because he walked out of the window".

Which leads to the next question - why did he walk out of the window? Because of the depressing death kitty poster he had for some unknown reasons. Those "unknown reasons" are the actual reasons for him dying, and not simply due to the fact he walked out of a window on the 10th floor.

I am not meant to live such a pathetic, miserable life. That is not my place in this world. I will not bow down and accept such a horrific fate. If humanity will not give me a worthy place among them, then I will destroy them all. I am better than all of them. I am a god. Exacting my Retribution is my way of proving my true worth to the world.

Top nutter

Patriarchal ideology is what created this mindset in which murdering women for not sleeping with him was an acceptable conclusion.
Supposing for a moment that this isn't entirely ridiculous notion, what is to be done?

Should we strive to build a society where certain mindsets find it equally acceptable conclusion to murder men for not sleeping with women?

Oh, wait, this already happens.

Now I'm at loss.

Considering the fact we're vehemently opposing the fact that she's dead because she didn't sleep with him and we find this completely unacceptable, makes the theory void.

Actions do have causes, Cheezy, but your view on this is a bit like seeing a person enter a room, look around, there is a poster of a dead kitten on the wall, the man opens a window and falls 10 floors to the street, and you want us to focus on the dead kitten poster as his cause for killing himself.
At best the poster was there cause he had a reason to have it there. It was not what killed him or anyone else.

No, it would be like if we entered a room, looked around, saw 6 dead kittens on the floor and a poster of a dead kitten on the wall.

No, it would be like if we entered a room, looked around, saw 6 dead kittens on the floor and a poster of a dead kitten on the wall.

Well, I'd first point out he went over the top, as there's solely one poster of a dead kitty, while there's six dead kitties. The death kitty poster says that there must be another dead kitty which lead to the death of the other six kitties.

No, cause the suicide in my example is the deaths in the actual case, supposedly brought by stuff this person had an interest in (ie morbid) The parallel being that his other symptoms (eg dead kitten poster/MRA nonsense) are not causes either. The MRA stuff is not a textbook/brainwash for people to murder cause they feel they cannot date. Iirc most people in their teens face serious problems with starting to date, and afaik a very small percentage of them go on to kill at some point ;)
Besides, 'MRA', itself an idiocy as a term, is meant to be in this story so as to make it political, to help the nice and benevolent media use it as they are told to :deal:

Then a critical thing is missing from your hypothesis - why did he jump in first place? Are you on your way to become the Greek Kafka?

Then a critical thing is missing from your hypothesis - why did he jump in first place? Are you on your way to become the Greek Kafka?

Let me answer you this way:

'The meaning of the story is that it is lost, burried as the story begins, since Gregor Samsa does not even try to explain to himself why he now is found in this dreadful state'.

Personally i won't try to explain why the latest Samsa killed a few people. This is not my kind of story, anyway. I am only noting it did not happen due to the image of that woman on the wall, with the fur coat. :/

Look, Kyriakos. You're making a theory, according to which, a man jumped out of the 10th floor. We're overfocusing on the dead kitty poster, which we believe that it's the cause of the murder. However, there's still one thing lacking - why did he jump, in reality? Was it because he was depressive, rejected, oppressed? That's an important part, without which your case just lies empty.

Look, Kyriakos. You're making a theory, according to which, a man jumped out of the 10th floor. We're overfocusing on the dead kitty poster, which we believe that it's the cause of the murder. However, there's still one thing lacking - why did he jump, in reality? Was it because he was depressive, rejected, oppressed? That's an important part, without which your case just lies empty.

I am just agreeing with the logical view that you cannot make this sort of examination without serious facts on what this person was like. Parents, formative years, drug use (?), college issues (?), recluse-lifestyle, autism?

Surely all the above can lead to something forming an estimate on possible causes for his murders. But not the MRA stuff, those are braindead and merely another symptom of the causes at best.

Wait, wait. Guys, I started with the Communism parallels, but that was to show how people here have no problems blaming ideology for mass murder. Among those rushing to condemn the OP, I can see a few who have hewn to such a position, including at least 1 Eastern European poster known for virulent hatred of anything Marxist.

So what gives?

I've noticed something:

Cheezy writes something. It doesn't really matter what, people conflate it to communism.

Quackers writes something. Again, nothing too much, people conflate it to his extreme views.

The thing here is, that people don't read words, they read ideology. They don't see a man expressing his viewpoint of the issue, they see solely the ideology.

Im in the camp where the "MRA" mindset is a surface cause, but the true deep cause is his clear mental issues and horrible self esteem. The mental issues and poor self esteem likely caused the majority of his problems, especially with women and his failures caused him to gravitate to the MRA mindset and the underlying mental issues led to him becoming violent.

I think you should be ashamed that you're using six murders to support a political point. Disgusting.

Perhaps he had a Histrionic personality disorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom