Patria Infinita: Leugi’s Sponsors

Leugi

Supreme Libertador
So here we are! As many others I will be making some few sponsors for Civ:BE :D

Now, I'll bet you're expecting I do mostly american stuff like with Patria Grande, but that's not necessarily going to be the case. In opposition to my Civ5 modding I'll not be so localized and might even do some very odd unlocalized sponsors. But don't worry, the main rule here for me is that the sponsors fit somehow into Civ:BE's lore because that's the most fun part of doing one (so,reading the pedias is heavily recommended). Anyway, let's get started shall we?

Click on the images for download links! Wait for the images to load please.

The increasing indigenous movements of Bolivia, Peru, Chile and Argentina managed to separate from the attempts of assimilation by Brasilia. They gathered enough resources to lead an expedition, in hopes of finding some evidence of alien lifeforms that would feed the belief that cosmic beings dwelled the Andes
The Abya Yala Expedition Led by Paxi Sisa
UA: Cosmogonical Order: Xenomass Wells and Alien nests generate Culture. Alien aggression level returns to neutral faster.

Diplo Screenshot
Pedia Screenshot
Faction Progress
New Colonists:
Archaeologists: +1 Culture and +1 Science on every city.
New Cargo:
Exploration Journals: Start with a free Explorer.

Please note that because of fancy issues with 2D leaderscenes you must play with Leader Quality set to minimun (check on the advanced settings on the Video tab)

Also, given the early stage of the game, balance is not yet fully tested, please try to tell me any particular issue you have with it politely

Great job! We talked about this on the latest Modcast :)

Nice! Your artwork is so good! Hate to be that guy, but please put a "loadout icons tutorial" on your To Do list :)

Getting the right "glow" effect on the icon, and how to get that perfect blue-to-white gradient.

Nice! Your artwork is so good! Hate to be that guy, but please put a "loadout icons tutorial" on your To Do list :)

Getting the right "glow" effect on the icon, and how to get that perfect blue-to-white gradient.

From the looks of the Archaologists icon, it seems he just used a white base image and applied a blue radial Gradient overlay - simplicity itself. The second icon just has a blue border to top it off.

Pretty much blue to white radial gradient and a tiny blue border (isn't too noticeable on archaeologists because the lines are less thin)

So Space Tiwanaku. Will we have Geoglyphs as landing strips for aliens? :p

(Yeah, I know those are Nazca's, it's not like people don't mix them when it comes to ancient aliens stuff.)

While I'm here, may I temp you with another Latin American Sponsor Idea:

Spoiler :

Against all odds, the nation endured. The old man finally died, his legacy shrouded in tales, another of those controversial characters that'll be forever lost in the annals of history. After his dead, the reforms were quick to come, how couldn't they?
They had a long time coming and if it meant the better for the society, so be it.
Surprisingly, they worked, as the days on Earth grew darker and darker still, while the world slowly but surely drifted towards the Great Mistake, the country prospered.
For the reforms had worked, with the access of the technology that always were there, but wasn't accesible, an economy that now was truly at the service of the people, a government that truly could provide to those in need, even on the darker days on Earth. As the situation grew worse, your neighbors started taking notice of your success and started to take a hint and follow your model. Soon, a patchwork alliance was formed throughout one of the most ignored regions of the world, one that, while small, could still strive for big things, as long as they kept everything in order.
Alas, it couldn't last for long, as much as you wanted and tried to make the better of the situation, it was becoming ever more clear that the Earth simply couldn't and didn't have a future for the people. If they had to prosper, it would be beyond the stars.

A new beginning, without the cruel manipulation of greater powers nor the intervention of opportunistic forces, one where you could truly fight toe to toe like equals or, better yet, find a place to build an utopia of men. It had to be, it took great effort, but at last you could build the facilities and get the spaceships, the Cyberbolivarian Combine would go to space.

Hasta la Victoria. Siempre.

Tl;Dr Space Cuba/Venezuela/Nicaragua/You get the idea.

Cyberbolivarian Combine
Sponsor: Hilda Bojato
Unhealth by number of citizens halved.

Interesting! I kind of had a similar concept before (which was going to be the next anyway, right after CivV Haiti)... It did not include Venezuela, but I can easily see Venezuela as part of it.

The Caribbean Axis
Leader: Comandante Gonzales III
UA: Revolución Eterna: Earn Affinity points whenever conquering an outpost, city or station.

And the backstory:
Spoiler :

The higher powers were worried because of the Great Mistake. It was the time for Cuba to make its move, for the American forces would have to split themselves to take care of so many things. It was the time to finally re-take the paths of the revolution.

At the behest of Comandante Gonzales (the first), a descendant of one of Castro's soldiers, the Cuban army started moving towards the rest of the Caribbean islands. Some of them agreed to join them peacefully, but there was a major problem involving Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico was, after all, politically part of the United States. A harsh war started on Puerto Rico, and the people of the Caribbean Axis (a name given by the US itself, when denouncing them for making use of the Great Mistake for their "evil plot") managed to gather some allies from the Independist Movements. The death toll was terrible. With propaganda and espionage, the Caribbean Axis managed to little by little switch the allegiances of the people of Puerto Rico,and in the end, the situation was too hard to control for America. Puerto Rico joined the all-new Caribbean Axis.

Gonzales attempted to move its troops to Mexico in an attempt to extend its influence. But it was nowhere near as successful as the campaign on the Caribbean islands. A new strengthened America, under the influence of the newly founded American Reclamation Corporation (ARC) was not easy to deal with. Mexico was annexed to America just like Canada. Gonzales knew it was the time to end the Caribbean War. However, he liked the name that was given to his domain: "The Caribbean Axis".

Although not in an institutionalized way, Gonzales started a kind of patrilineal heritage. Both his son and grandson stepped into continuing Gonzales régime, and they were beloved by the people but despised by the international powers. For the international community the Caribbean Wars were a crime, a crime done while the world most needed assistance. For the Caribbean Axis, it was an opportunity. But a higher one was yet to arise.

Soon the "Seeding" initiative became widespread, and Comandante Gonzales III was hugely interested on it. As ARC stepped up into Seeding, the interest became personal. The Caribbean Axis wanted to beat ARC into seeding a planet, so it moved all of its resources into funding a seeding process. Thanks to the resources of the Caribbean Isles and those that came from trade with other nations (the embargo was no longer viable for anyone, as the Caribbean Isles had the most resources after the Great Mistake) they managed to fund a seeding shuttle, and so a new revolution would begin, the "Revolución Eterna" as Gonzales himself would call it.

It is, as you can see, a bit more militaristic though...

Hm... that's curious, maybe a middle point between the two could work? That way they wouldn't come out so villanous nor so simpathetic, but a truly grey character, like most other factions.

Sounds fair, though I'd keep the Revolución Eterna UA and the Caribbean Axis name...

I guess that I could then fill up Gonzales' background with some more idealism and make it a bit more utopian in nature (although still rather militaristic), it would work well :D

A heads up of something coming soon:

Don't worry, she's actually quite idealist and wants the better for her people, and will respect anyone on her side of affinity, but will resort to armed revolution if need be. Think of her as a strange mix of Evita, Che Guevara and Chavez in the future.

Caribbean Axis released!

In the times of the Great Mistake, a new revolutionary movement started in the Caribbean, in hopes of uniting the Caribbean under the flag of idealism and revolution as inspired by José Marti. The revolution was succesful, and now the Caribbean nations stand united as the Caribbean Axis. Hoping to build utopia in the new planet, the Caribbean Axis is now ready for seeding!
The Caribbean Axis Led by Comandante Gonzales III
UA: Revolución Eterna: Earn Affinity Points towards your dominant affinity whenever conquering cities. +2 Production on cities with a garrisoned unit.

Diplo Screenshot
Pedia Screenshot
Faction Progress
New Colonists:
Revolutionaries: +2 Culture and +1 Production on every city.
New Cargo:
Ideology Books: Start with a free Affinity Level of your choice.

Please note that because of fancy issues with 2D leaderscenes you must play with Leader Quality set to minimun (check on the advanced settings on the Video tab)

Also, given the early stage of the game, balance is not yet fully tested, please try to tell me any particular issue you have with it politely

Nice! I love nearly everything about this one :)

I also guess we need to change the civ colours and the theme of the Eighth Fire (since they were essentially a Revoultionary, Liberation Army too).

I'm totally looking forward to hating Comandante Gonzales in-game.

I don't know, the concept of the Eighth Fire you showed isn't really that similar ingame terms. You can change it if you wish, but I have no personal issues with it :) . And the colors... Damn, yeah they are similar, it'd be worth it to check them ingame I guess.

Viva Caribbea libre! Viva la reina de la revolucion! Viva Gonzalez! VIVA GONZALEZ!

(Are YOU a REBEL?)

Seriously though, that's an awesome concept and I can't wait to see her in action. Also I can't wait to see her kick seven kinds of hell out of Fielding in the name of the People. With chaps like her, the word People is always capitalised.

Always.

Top Bottom