Red Dwarf Mafia: The Smeggening [Game Thread - Concluded]

Of the current wagons I think I'll toss my vote against Sprig.
Reason I claimed was quite simple. Been basically vanilla now, claiming means that I either gain the time I need to analyse posts when I have time later without having to waste time defending myself early or the scum could waste a kill on me which saves me having to analyse later. I'm lazy when I can afford to be as anyone who's played abit with me knows so this is a win win situation for me as far as I'm concerned :p

Okay screw this my Internet is proving itself to be as reliable as an epileptic surgeon. I'll try again later when it hopefully stops pissing itself senseless.

With most players, I'd consider Takhisis and Double A's behavior highly scummy, it looks a bit like they're distancing from each other and trying to make it look like they're just being silly. But then, Takhisis and Double A aren't most players, and I could totally see them acting like that as town.

Okay, I've finally caught up with the thread. Also realized few things. Man, playing is hard! One thing is to spend a half an hour a day skimming through the thread for fun, but actually reading, analyzing, judging every post is a lot of work. Especially when many of the posts return blank for me, some that feel scummy are later described as the most towny, and vice versa. Not sure when I'll be able to come up with "analysis deserving of town credit."

Anyhow, looking at the voting record, a couple of things I find interesting. remake20 is the last to vote on both lynches (not counting the tiebreaker). Don't know what it means, if anything, maybe a towny thing to go with the will of the people.
Murska and Cuthillius both voted for Snerk, then for Kennigit (Cuthillius later unvoted). So, I think I'm going to vote Cuthillius today.

Also in the spirit of being useful, if you have a cool but not deadly trick to share - I'm a quick learner, please don't hesitate to stop by tonight. We'll have fun.

to all:
I was at conference, and unfortunately hardly able to participate. I will try to catch up and post in a few hours.
I also want to thank for all private messages I get (why am I so popular? 3 messages in one night?). Unfortunately, I can only answer one at time, so dont feel ignored if I did not answer you immediately

Okay, I've finally caught up with the thread. Also realized few things. Man, playing is hard! One thing is to spend a half an hour a day skimming through the thread for fun, but actually reading, analyzing, judging every post is a lot of work. Especially when many of the posts return blank for me, some that feel scummy are later described as the most towny, and vice versa. Not sure when I'll be able to come up with "analysis deserving of town credit."

Anyhow, looking at the voting record, a couple of things I find interesting. remake20 is the last to vote on both lynches (not counting the tiebreaker). Don't know what it means, if anything, maybe a towny thing to go with the will of the people.
Murska and Cuthillius both voted for Snerk, then for Kennigit (Cuthillius later unvoted). So, I think I'm going to vote Cuthillius today.

Also in the spirit of being useful, if you have a cool but not deadly trick to share - I'm a quick learner, please don't hesitate to stop by tonight. We'll have fun.

Any responses to the Snerk incident?

Murska, Did Kennigit elaborate on his old claims in any way in his PM?

The idea seems to be that if Kennigit's bulletproof ability can be disabled by a role-cancelling ability, that'd point towards the bad guy team containing some sort of a role-cancelling ability.

I've been waiting for someone to bring me up today; I had a whole spiel ready about Takhisis putting too much emphasis on the PM and possibly deliberately drawing attention away from the Jarrema or Pouter Pigeon wagons yesterday. And by the time I see this Takhisis has undermined it by saying they were putting too much emphasis on the PM.

But I'll note the switch to Luizeu ties him up with Jarrema today, and it's still possible that Takhisis is trying to save a scum buddy.

More pressingly, it's 75% of the way through the Day, the top bandwagons have three votes each and there's nine votes in the wind, let's consolidate on someone.

I haven't thought about that. I guess I'll leave Blade's suspects for now and follow Internet Flea's lead. So, Takhisis. Come to think of it, SamSniped was my first vote on the previous day, it's only natural to continue on Tak and OMGUS, I guess.

Stop bogarting my free pass Auto.

Luizeu - Got to be a good suspect, OMGUS on Winston, adds a "missing" BL to another's suspect list, analysis of dead guy votes (classic scum play to ally/divert suspicion) found the post very fishy, finding majiffy funny rather than distracting seems anti-town..

1) OMGUS has its merits and it isn't less town than voting for people on random, as it is norm on D1.
2) I didn't know if people would have found it strange to edit the post or add another one. I chose the latter. People have already been scolded for editing a post on this thread.
3) well, others are going over everybody's posts now. I don't see why it is strange.
4) Surely, you didn't get the reference. :)(Don't call me, Shirley) [I guess you won't get this one either.] I was being sarcastic, maybe that is anti-town as well.

Getting a town vibe from Winston, good work with that analysis. I'd have a look at some of the "where's Winston" crowd, especially Luizeu (whose prodding of Winston seemed OMGUS-y) and Cuthillius (who accused 4 people in one post without really substantiating any of those arguments). It seems probable that one or more of that crowd called on Winston to sound townie without actually having to use any real townie logic beyond that.

Luizeu for now.

It's just terrible to get that from someone who posted 3 times tops on this game.

I think that Luizeu's following of my by now inane accusations on Internet Flea is enough for me to vote for him.

It is a flimsy excuse to bring the votes to a tie. Also, my reasoning didn't come from your interactions with IF, but bladescape suspicion. Go back and read my vote, don't try to create a story.

The idea seems to be that if Kennigit's bulletproof ability can be disabled by a role-cancelling ability, that'd point towards the bad guy team containing some sort of a role-cancelling ability.
I was scum in a game Visor hosted on a different forum, and I had the one-time use ability to "permanently roleblock" (i.e. remove their ability) someone.

With most players, I'd consider Takhisis and Double A's behavior highly scummy, it looks a bit like they're distancing from each other and trying to make it look like they're just being silly. But then, Takhisis and Double A aren't most players, and I could totally see them acting like that as town.
thank you for your PSA to the new players so they don't lynch me for my VC-regardless behavior
you vocalized all my internal thoughts here at 3am what's going on

His apparently claim of one-shot BP sounds kinda townie to me (which makes a hell of a lot more sense than a doc saving him, I thought he was a little scummy yesterday). I don't fully understand what he was saying though. Wonder why he would admit that - you'd think whoever attacked him would want to do so again. I don't really see why he would have reason to lie about this, cause it's much safer to claim permaBP and hope whoever attacked doesn't make another go of it.

This way I guess he's claiming he's useless now though so I guess we'll see what happens in a day or so.

I thought Cuthillius was scummy yesterday but his reactions today haven't been what I expected. I'll get more into it soonish. Still don't know what to think of Murska.
Someone protect this man.

After reading the thread and nicely done analyses (I dont have neither energy, time nor taklent to do similar myself) I found Luizeu most scummy. I also dont like his/her answer to accusations.

Today, I'm still not sure about Cuthillius but Luizeu started the day with a list of and a few comments on Bladescape posts and voted for IF because he was the last person Bladescape posted for. Post 421 doesn't seem to say much to me. Then post 488 seems to be mostly general theorycrafting and to me a little flinchy. Luizeu seems a bit more suspicious to me atm.

Vote: Luizeu

Al Sipsclar, Sprig, Xym are all very quiet.

Yeah, it's bad. I've been busy. :/

Tally:
5 Luizeu (landlubber, KingMorgan, Takhisis, Jarrema, Xym)
3 Cuth (Auto, choxorn, Al Sips)
3 Jarrema (IF, spaceman, Cuth)
3 Sprig (Pouter Pigeon, Murska, Newyn)
1 Backwards (Zack)
1 Takhisis (Luiz)
1 Autolycus (Winston)
1 Al (remake)

Day Three - Rimmer Strikes Back

The Cat: I say let's get into the jet-powered rocket pants and Junior Birdman the hell out of here.
Kryten: An excellent and inventive suggestion, sir, with just two tiny drawbacks. A, We don't have any jet-powered rocket pants. And B, There's no such thing as jet-powered rocket pants outside the fictional serial "Robbie Rocket Pants".
The Cat: Well, that's put a crimp on an otherwise damn fine plan.

Rimmer: Why are you all looking at me like that? Like this is MY fault? Do you have any idea what kind of day I've had? I've been kidnapped, stripped, oiled, manacled, licked, nibbled, chained, taunted, humiliated and I very nearly had a round, knobbly thing the size and shape of a Mexican agarve cactus jammed up where only Customs men dare to probe.

Kryten: I remember Mr Rimmer screaming. I have an image of his face. Twisted with fear, pain, anguish, dread. Absolutely mortified.
The Cat: Did someone suggest that he pick up the tab for lunch?
-------------------------------------

Luizeu has died. He was
Spoiler :
The Unspeakable One!

Alive: 21/30
1. KingMorgan
5. Zack
7. Winston Hughes
8. Autolyucs
9. Jarrema
10. Sprig
11. Choxorn
12. Spaceman98
13. BSmith
14. Backwards Logic
15. Takhisis
17. Murska
18. Double A
19. Internet Flea
21. Pouter Pigeon
22. Cuthillius
23. Xym
26. remake20
27. Al sipsclar
28. Newyn
30. Landlubber

Dead 9/30:
29. Legato Endless, Talkie Toaster, town, lynched D1.
2. johnhughthom, Reketrebn, town, killed N1.
6. Robbiecon, Nirvanah Crane, town, killed N1.
16. Arakhor, Skutter, town, killed N1.
3. Snerk, Legion, town, daykilled D2.
24. Kennigit, Ech-ech-ech-ech-ech-ech-ech-ech, town, lynched D2.
4. MartinLuther, Wax Elvis Presley, town, killed N2.
20. Bladescape, Able, town, killed N2.
25. Luzieu, The Unspeakable One, revenge seeker, lynched D3.

Timer: [timer=9/8/2015 08:00 PM +10:00; Night Phase Over][/timer]

I'll vote: on Murska because if he is always a wolf that would apply on this forum as well.

Distancing and/or random vote. Who knows! Day 1 is a massive WIFOM.
OMG, can the wolves kill 3 people during the night? Or was it Autolynch?

Knew this post was weird. I guess there are two scum teams and a vig or sk, then.
Hey yo, RL hit me really hard.
What was that with Internet Flea? I don't know if this was an inside joke, but I guess there's something strange going on there.
I guess it would be more effective if I give my reads on the current wagons:
Jarrema looks town to me (reasonable, the double vote seemed like an honest mistake)
Kennigit (hasn't given much information to work with, because he was so vague)
Pigeon (demonstrated to be an excellent player on GITP, I've never seen his wolf behavior so far, so at the moment he strikes me as town).
I guess it's more important right now to vote on someone who looked suspicious to me, just adding numbers to wagons can't change anything right now.
So I'll follow my guts and go with SamSniped his rolefishing didn't sound good to me.
Okay I really should've picked up on short, brief lists of suspicions being incredibly scummy by now.
Fingers Flea and Ken. I feel like Flea's innocent so that's cool. Vouches for Jarrema and Pigeon. Votes for Sam, who is probably innocent.
-basically every Bladescape post with no analysis-
Well, something Bladescape said might have put him on the target. He pointed at Chuthilius, Pidgeon and Internet Flea.

I can see Chuthilius being town or mafia. I really can't tell atm.
I could go for a Pidgeon and Internet Flea now. I guess Internet Flea because it was the last person he pointed at.
Also super scummy post.
Vote for Flea probably means he's innocent. Don't think mafia typically accuse and then later vote for their partners.
Wishy washy on the impossible-to-spell Cuthillius. Today for some reason I've felt less sure about this guy, and now I'm even less so. I'm in favor of giving him another day now, if convenient.
Now "suspicious" of Pidgeon. It's entirely possible he really was suspicious of some of these folks (ie earlier ones) because two scum teams is a possibility.
He mentioned Backwards logic as well. Missed it on the list
tl;dr
Hum.. This is why you were killed on our last game. You were getting very close to who the wolves were (or orcs[or nazgul], as it were a Lord of the rings setting).

Winston Hughes pointed at me for not participating, but at the same time he doesnt participate much. Is he self-incriminating?
No.
I haven't thought about that. I guess I'll leave Blade's suspects for now and follow Internet Flea's lead. So, Takhisis. Come to think of it, SamSniped was my first vote on the previous day, it's only natural to continue on Tak and OMGUS, I guess.
Swan song.
Tak is obviously 100% townie. RIP in pepperonies mr kitteh, I fear you shan't survive the night. :(
or at least two nights

What's really curious is he voted for Tak instead of one of the other candidates. Leads me to think he wasn't the best strategist (and also yknow he got lynched D3).
1) OMGUS has its merits and it isn't less town than voting for people on random, as it is norm on D1.
lolwut
It's just terrible to get that from someone who posted 3 times tops on this game.
riggedy wrecked
It is a flimsy excuse to bring the votes to a tie. Also, my reasoning didn't come from your interactions with IF, but bladescape suspicion. Go back and read my vote, don't try to create a story.
I actually have no idea what he's saying here.
I also have no idea why "I have no idea [question verb]" is correct grammar because, upon analysis, it looks and sounds broken. There's a missing word or two, I'm sure of it. This has always bothered me.

But yeah to sum it up he was buddy towards Jarrema. Mafia don't like stopping bandwagons on townies, so this gives two possibilities: trying to help a buddy, or trying to get townie cred. Jarrema jumped on and made a wagon when there were three others with three votes, though, so I'd say not to lynch him. I mean, it could be bussing, but that seems pretty extreme and ballsy. I want to see his analysis before making any sort of decision. If he doesn't post one then I'm definitely leaning towards lynching him.

Okay I really should've picked up on short, brief lists of suspicions being incredibly scummy by now.
Fingers Flea and Ken. I feel like Flea's innocent so that's cool. Vouches for Jarrema and Pigeon. Votes for Sam, who is probably innocent.

Also super scummy post.

Isn't that exactly what a scum would say? "I really should have realized just how scummy he was?" Distancing after trying not to be connected to a team member?

Isn't that exactly what a scum would say? "I really should have realized just how scummy he was?" Distancing after trying not to be connected to a team member?

This was my gut reaction too. I've noticed that Double A doesn't watch what he says as much as most players do, but, with that in mind, the entire post still seems very apologetic. Luizeu's attempt at defense (including his nonsense assertion that I had been lurking when, in fact, I've posted more than he has even after missing most of day one) was a huge tell, and it's hard to believe that Double A wouldn't have noticed Luizeu's behavior until just now.

I'm wondering what to make of Jarrema and Xym piling on to Luzieu at the end of the day. With Jarrema, it doesn't really say much- he was tied with Luzieu and Cuthilius for the lead, regardless of alignment he'd try to get someone else lynched. As to Xym, voting a scum in that spot looks good for him, but something about that post just felt a bit... forced to me, and it would have pinged my scumdar hard if Luzieu had turned up innocent. As it stands, it's still pinging my scumdar a bit, and I'm thinking that Xym might be a member of a different scum team- or even the same scum team as Luzieu, pulling off a bus. Especially if either Cuthilius or Jarrema is mafia.

I feel like two scum teams definitely came into play over that last lynch.

This was my gut reaction too. I've noticed that Double A doesn't watch what he says as much as most players do, but, with that in mind, the entire post still seems very apologetic. Luizeu's attempt at defense (including his nonsense assertion that I had been lurking when, in fact, I've posted more than he has even after missing most of day one) was a huge tell, and it's hard to believe that Double A wouldn't have noticed Luizeu's behavior until just now.

Is it? This is the 500th post in this thread. That's a lot of damn posts and most of it is white noise to me. So yeah, it was apologetic, because I was ignoring something that was in hindsight totally obvious. I'm sick and therefore innately suck pretty hard at mafia right now, but I know I can do better than this.

Top Bottom