IdIOT: Shock and Terror

Aww, I was looking forward to the Adventures of Agathios the Accidental Administrator, not another Helleneolibwank. :sad:

( :mischief: )

Have patience. I will soon post an adventure of Agathios :)king:) too. :D

The text that you have entered is too long (34408 characters). Please shorten it to 30000 characters long.

>mfw

Link to video.

Let me just split the update into a War Update and a Main Update like usual and I'll upload them both and we can all be happy.

WAR UPDATE

Link to video.

End of E.V.I.L:

After the Football Incident and the recent actions involving Nova Terra, the Enlightened Vigilante Infiltration League had racked up a very bad international reputation. A massive coalition consisting of Vietnam, Nova Terra, Romania, the Church of Goomy, the Mystery Country, the Holy Neko Empire and the Peaceful Skeleton Realm was formed to invade their island base as reprisal for their actions.

Nova Terra prepared for the invasion by organizing a massive purge of E.V.I.L agents in their country. The Department of Homeland Security, the Inquisition and the Nationalist Defence Corps arrested and killed thousands of E.V.I.L agents, scouring the country for their bases and ensuring that not one agent remained free in their nation. The purge actually turned up some evidence that other foreign agents were active in the country, although the efforts against them were less than fruitful, cumulating in a massive shootout in downtown New Port and the hacking of the Department of Homeland Security’s HQ. While the purge was successful at destroying E.V.I.L’s influence in Nova Terra, it has put all three organizations significantly over budget causing them to petition the Imperator for more funding.

The first attack against E.V.I.L was the liberation of Hawaii. General Casandra Moore was put in charge of the Pacific Fleet and the strike force that was to retake the island. However, when the Pacific Fleet reached Hawaii they found the Nova Terran flag flying high. As soon as they heard that the world was massing an attack against their island base, E.V.I.L abandoned the island and let Nova Terran resistance fighters retake the island. Although no bullets were fired, this victory was celebrated across the country.

E.V.I.L had prepared a massive defence for the Coalition landing party. Four special ops units were disguised as American style tourists who got lost, they were designed to fool the landing parties into taking sniper fire. Eight units were tasked with patrolling the island and picking off landing forces in guerrilla style raids in the tall mountains of the Antarctic Island. Three units were tasked with guarding a fake base to misdirect coalition forces. The remaining ten units were tasked with guarding the base, utilizing the numerous traps, fake doors and monstrous creatures inside E.V.I.L’s main base. Director Herrick De Venn believed that these elaborate traps manned by his extremely loyal henchmen (who knew that defection would mean that their families wouldn’t get an extremely lucrative life insurance package) would hold off the invading armies for years! And it very may well have if the Coalition didn’t decide to carpet bomb the island. Two Vietnamese B-52 Bombers carpet bombed the island with their nuclear payloads. This was shortly followed by NTS Ohio, a Nova Terran submarine, launching a Polaris missile at the island and the NTS Harrower, the space Battleship, bombarded the island from orbit with orbital lasers. This massive bombardment scorched the island and destroyed a majority of E.V.I.L’s defences. However, Coalition reconnaissance showed that the main base had survived, as a majority of it was underground it was shielded from the blasts. So a land assault of the island was planned.

Due to the frontline nature of Pokemon, forces from the Church of Goomy made up most of the Coalition front line, with small contingents from Vietnamese and Nova Terran infantry. Due to their privileged position, Goomish forces were able to steal everything that wasn’t nailed down in typical Goomish fashion. They also got some bonus money because I screwed up Goomy’s economy last turn sorry reasons. Skeleton forces were mainly frontline non-combatants, such as engineers and medics, though they were trained to fight and were one of the largest contingents of the conventional forces. The Mystery Nation and Romania provided most of the tanks and artillery, with Mysterious Shadowswords and Romanian Magical Artillery providing much needed support for the main force. The Romanians also brought along the infamous Pony bio-weapons and new experimental military technology, although due to the nature of the conflict it was not used heavily. Air support was mainly provided by the Vietnamese, while the Holy Neko Empire and the Mystery Country provided naval support.

Along the march to E.V.I.L’s headquarters, the frontline soldiers found some of E.V.I.L’s high ranking officials. The body of Isaac Zupan, Chief Diplomat, was found on the beach, his smiling body holding a welcoming pamphlet in his hand. They also found the body of Kwan Shi, the Spy Chief, in the ruins of E.V.I.L’s airport. Megan Mortar, Chief of Security, was one of the survivors of the initial nuclear bombardment but she was killed in a firefight while she bravely tried to misdirect the invading forces.

Eventually the invading army came to the main base, the base was heavily defended but thanks to Mysterious spies the Nova Terran SEAL Team Six was able to sneak through a secret entrance into the underground base. They fought through the corridors and narrowly avoided many traps. In one of the rooms they found the remains of almost all of E.V.I.L’s upper management, them being eaten alive by Killer Dolphins. The team finally made it into Director Herrick De Venn’s office, where they found the director himself in a room filled with explosives. He shouted “LET THERE BE LIGHT!” and then he pressed a button, making the room explode and killing all of SEAL Team Six. Then the nuclear weapon at the bottom of the base exploded, destroying the base and the frontline attackers. Then multiple nuclear detonations happened across the island, causing massive earthquakes. As the island began to sink, tsunamis sploshed everywhere and caused the loss of many Romanian and Neko naval vessels. Most of the Goomy, Nova Terran and Vietnamese frontline forces managed to evacuate thanks to the efforts of the Charizard Squadrons and due to the relatively small numbers of the combined forces, however many brave Skeletals died in the sinking of the island due to bad luck and the large number of Skeletons deployed. A lot of expensive Mysterious and Romanian equipment was lost in the explosion as Shadowswords and magically-enhanced artillery are very difficult to transport in a hurry.

The Coalition was victorious, but much like infamous Operation Dr. Doolittle a.k.a the Destruction of the Philippines it was a victory at great cost. One positive note is that almost all of E.V.I.L’s management has been arrested or killed (with only Peril, the Director’s cat, and John Smith, the Chief Janitor, being unaccounted for). As for E.V.I.L’s spies, well they’ll be too busy ensuring that the families of De Venn’s henchmen’s families get access to their life insurance policies to be interfering with matters of state again. There was one final and unusual incident involving E.V.I.L’s spies however. An anonymous tip-off to the Nova Terran Inquisition led them to find an abandoned E.V.I.L base in Florida. In the base they found an abandoned rocket launch-pad, an absurd amount of used mustard-flavoured Holy Nekoan cat treats and a submarine the purfect size for holding a cat. But this strange incident is probably just a one off thing and doesn’t mean anything for the future. Right? Riiiiiight?

Casualties of Battle of E.V.I.L Island:
E.V.I.L: Everything!
Ponies: 4 MIL
Goomy: 2 MIL
Vietnam: 3 MIL
Nova Terra: 2 MIL
Mystery Country: 5 MIL
Holy Neko Empire: 3 MIL
Peaceful Skeleton Realm: 5 MIL

-Goomy gained $30 from raiding E.V.I.L and GM fiat
-E.V.I.L is ded ;_;

Psych Civil War Rages:

Another conflict that happened this year was the Pysch Civil War. Although it was overshadowed by the theatrics of the Battle of E.V.I.L Island, it was much bloodier. Due to the lack of support from many sides due to the massive distraction that was the war against E.V.I.L, many factions in the Pysch Civil War were without support and therefore decided to join with other factions. The factions that were loyal to the Pacific Coalition joined under the banner of the Christian Life Sect, in perhaps what may be one of the last joint actions that the Coalition undertakes. Meanwhile, the Caucasian Freedom Fighters pledged their guns and their lives to the Persian Catholics and the Romanian Empire after a lucky religious conversion. The Russian Pokemon League, due to the high amount of cat related Pokemon in their forces, aligned themselves with the Siberian Cats and the Holy Neko Empire. Due to the collapse of E.V.I.L, S.P.E.C.T.R.E turned to their fellow criminals in the Russian Mafia and the Highwaymen.

The battle lines were then drawn and then the extremely brutal war went into full swing. There were two areas where the civil war was fought, in European Russia and in Central Asia. This was due to the range of operations that each power had, no faction had a significant presence in both regions. The Russian region was dominated by the Siberian Cats, the Russian Mafia and Neo-Psych. After a series of uncoordinated strikes against Neo-Psych, the Russian Mafia and the Siberian Cats destroyed the nationalist group and any hopes and dreams that they had of an independent Pysch Nation. The Russian Mafia and the Siberian Cats then fought each other, these battles took an increasingly brutal turn as the patented Russian winter set in. Attrition was extremely high on both sides, resulting in most of the support sent in from their allies getting killed. These battles concluded with the Russian Mafia dominating most of Russia, but the Siberian Cats managed to hold onto the core Catlands. Luckily for all those involved (except Neo-Psych obviously), a large deposit of Russian gold was found under the snow as it was cleared away by the remaining forces. This was immediately claimed by the Highwaymen and the Holy Neko Empire, somewhat making up for the extreme losses they suffered over recent years.

The war in Asia was dominated by the Christian Life Sect, the Persian Catholics and the Siberian Junta. Due to the truce that Vietnam and Romania had with each other, the Christian Life Sect had to fight two separate battles with the Persian Catholics and the Siberian Junta. However, thanks to the assistance of the Abbottsfordian Central Asian Territorial Security (CATS) Squadron, which definitely had no furries in it especially ones that like cats, and the assistance of Mr Smith they defeated both forces, overwhelming the Siberian Junta and forcing the Persian Catholics to the core Persian lands. The leader of the Christian Life Sect, Borat Sagdiyev, has reformed his home country of Kazakhstan which now dominates Central Asia. It is a good Christian country now (Borat spoilers). Meanwhile, the Persians successfully petitioned the Romanian Empress to be annexed into their lands and have joined the country.

Although hostilities have not yet formally finished, all sides in the war are completely exhausted. Besides, everyone got most (emphasis on most, there are still some lands that the Siberian Cats and the Persian Catholics consider theirs but don’t have) of what they wanted. All the sides who were looking to take all of Central Asia were eliminated. The puppets of the nations involved are politely asking their suzerains to formally sign a peace treaty, due to high amounts of war exhaustion suffered by most sides in the war this might be a good idea…

Causalities of the Pysch Civil War:
Highwaymen: 10 MIL
Russian Mafia: 5 MIL
Holy Neko Empire: 8 MIL
Siberian Cat Alliance: 6 MIL
Abbottsford 5 MIL, 4 POL
Christian Life Sect/Kazakhstan: 5 MIL
Romania/Persian Catholics: 8 MIL

-Both the Highwaymen and the Holy Neko Empire get $30 from Russian gold.

Main update will be up momentarily.

UPDATE ELEVEN – 3011 A.D

STATS

Link to video.

Translator’s Note: Spoon = Update

Spoiler “Main Map” :

Spoiler “Regional Map” :

The Not-So Mysterious Incident of the Disappearing Islands

This year the environment of Earth was once again completely #reckt as both Iceland and Greenland were removed from the planet. Using modified Muslamic Rayguns and with healthy amounts of Science and Outer Space, the UKIP-Pirates of Madagascar managed to transport the two islands into the -3rd dimension. Presumably they want to make another gigantic island ship like they did with Madagascar, but as it is always the ideas and intentions of the UKIP-Pirates are almost impossible to read. What does this unexpected development mean for the rest of the world?

In semi-related news, due to the lack of demand in province reconstruction Bob the Builder’s prices have increased to $10 per island, however he now will give a free ECO out to anyone who lets him construct an island. Bob also wants to say that provinces that still exist but have gone to another dimension/outer space are eligible for reconstruction as well.

[UKIP Intensifies]

The Leadup to the Second Romanian Senate Elections Begins!

There is an excited mood amongst the Romanian people as they prepare for the Second Romanian Senate Elections. Already parties have started to campaign to retake their seats or to take them from their rivals. But many things have changed in two years, let’s have a look at the political situation in the country.

The Romanian Senate works by re-electing one-third of its seats every two years. By-elections are held upon the death of a senator or upon a significant redistricting of a region. Here are the senate seats that are up for re-election this year:

Spoiler :

Kingdom of Italy - Catholics United Party
Kingdom of Anatolia - Republicans for Religious Rights
Kingdom of Armenia - Union for Minority Rights
Kingdom of Kurdistan - Republicans for Religious Rights
Kingdom of Hejaz - Republicans for Religious Rights
Duchy/Emirate of Najd - Catholics United Party
Kingdom/Sultanate of Oman - Catholics United Party
Kingdom/Sultanate of Yemen - Catholics United Party
Kingdom/Sultanate of Mesopotamia - Catholics United Party
Kingdom/Shahdom of Azerbaijan - Republicans for Religious Rights
Kingdom/Shahdom of Iran - Free Alliance of Democrats
Kingdom/Shahdom of Balochistan - Free Alliance of Democrats
Kingdom of Croatia - Sinn Balk
Kingdom of Varangia - Catholics United Party
Greece - Sinn Balk
Epirus - Sinn Balk
Serbia - Sinn Balk
Bulgaria - Sinn Balk
Wallachia - Sinn Balk
The Isles - Union for Minority Rights
Kingdom of Jerusalem - Catholics United Party
Constantinople - Catholics United Party

Status of Political Parties:

Catholics United Party (CUP) [Yellow] – The Catholics United Party are a conservative party that’s main goal is the support the Empress and the Pope. As such, they share almost all their ideology and party positions with Empress Thunder and Pope Celestine VI. Their Prime Minister was elected in 3009 and his reign has been considered highly successful, which has increased the popularity of both the party and the status quo. However, they are facing stronger competition in the form of a reinvigorated Free Alliance of Democrats.

Free Alliance of Democrats (FAD) [Green] – The Free Alliance of Democrats are a liberal (left-wing) party that hold strongly democratic values. They have recently undergone a massive shift. Due to factional influence in the party and the reduction of the influence of Sinn Balk, there was a leadership spill where a more charismatic and moderate leader won. He left the Free Balkans Coalition and removed securing the independence of the Balkans from their policy goals, which has now been replaced with increasing the autonomy of the region. Other than that their policy goals remain the same, to increase the power of the democratic institutions in the country by weakening the powers of the Imperial Prefects and the Empress. They have begun to poll extremely well in Arabia due to an incident where a major agriculture corporation collapsed due to superior Skeleton products, leaving many without jobs in the region. FAD capitalized on this development and began to campaign heavily in the region.

Union for Minority Rights (UMR) [Blue] – The Union for Minority Rights are a pro-racial minority party. They are mainly supported by the humans living in Anatolia and some of the more moderate Balkanites. They were in a coalition with the Catholic United Party, although they have broken off their coalition with them due to them believing that they may be able to negotiate a better deal if they do well in the election. And there is a good chance that they will snag quite a few seats in the Balkans, most of the humans who have become opposed to Sinn Balk have begun to support the Union for Minority Rights believing that they have their best interests at heart.

Republicans for Religious Rights (RRR) [Red] – Republicans for Religious Rights are a pro-religious minority party. They are mainly supported by the Ottomans, who mainly live in Anatolia. Due to the Catholics United Party angering them by siding with their rivals the Union for Minority Rights, they have become more extreme in their anti-government rhetoric. They have joined the Balkans Independence Party and have started to agitate for the independence of both Anatolia and the Balkans! Luckily for Romania, there is a good chance that they will lose a lot of influence in this election due to some of the anti-democratic practices that they have engaged in being clamped down upon.

Sinn Balk (SB) [Orange] – Sinn Balk are a Balkans independence party. Their only policy goal is the freedom of Balkans and they have attempted to block any bill introduced into the senate that “…does not further the goals of Balkans independence”. However, their influence is waning. A significant number of former Sinn Balk MPs in the local Balkans Parliament defected from their party to the Union of Minority Rights. With this newfound majority in the house, they successfully passed a vote of no confidence in Prefect Iskander putting his position up for election. The main reason for this is the federal tax boycott, which continues but has become unpopular. Still, Sinn Balk is unwavering in their demands for a free Balkans and now a free Anatolia due to their Coalition allies.

Election Issues:

Redistricting and the Fate of Persia and India – In the two years since the Edictum Imperium, Romania has grown somewhat, this expansion has been fairly popular amongst the people although they are worried that too much expansion could lead to another major war. These new lands are still under a provisional government, so they do not yet have representation in the Senate. Under the Romanian Constitution, the Empress is the only person who can (re)determine the borders of provinces and prefectures, so it is entirely up to her how these new lands will be distributed. Although a large portion of Persia was integrated into Romania this year, there are still many Persian Catholics living in Kazakhstan. The Empress may need to negotiate with Kazakhstan and Abbottsford before she can make a proper decision what to do with the area. India is an even bigger headache, with the year-long ceasefire about to expire, India may become a warzone once again making holding elections there difficult. Additionally, it may aggravate the Vietnamese if Romania integrates their Indian vassal. The Empress also has the power to redistrict the existing provinces, although this may frustrate people as most people are quite happy with the way the borders are looking at the moment.

Independence, Autonomy or Neither? – Both Sinn Balk and the Republicans for Religious Rights demand the independence of both the Balkans and Anatolian regions, although these positions aren’t entirely supported by the Balkans or Anatolia, especially Anatolia where only one of the two major racial minorities want it. The Free Alliance of Democrats instead want to offer a compromise and give the two regions increased amounts of autonomy from the Empire. The Catholics United Party wants to maintain the status quo (although they would gladly change their position if the Empress asked them to). The Union of Religious Minorities is neutral on the issue, although it is leaning towards maintaining the status quo somewhat due to their mistrust of the Ottomans.

The State of Romanian Democracy – Even before the Edictum Imperium there has been a fierce debate on the strength of Romania’s religious and monarchical institutions vs their democratic ones. This debate remains unresolved even today, while the Catholics United Party unsurprisingly support the status quo the Free Alliance of Democrats wish to curtail the power of the Empress and the Prefects while strengthening the power of the senate and local parliaments. The rest of the parties don’t have a strong opinion one way or the other on this issue, their attention is focused elsewhere.

The Arabian Economy – Due to the collapse of a major agriculture corporation in Arabia due to increased competition with the Peaceful Skeleton Realm, many people in the Prefecture were suddenly out of a job. This has led to the Free Alliance of Democrats to campaign for agriculture subsidies, making them very popular in the region. Romanian economists aren’t convinced, a widely endorsed paper by the University of Jerusalem shows that all the losses in Arabia were recouped in a boom in business in the Imperial Prefecture. They believe that agriculture subsidies would be very expensive and would do very little for the region. Still, this position is very popular amongst Arabians and it is one of the main reasons why the Free Alliance of Democrats have grown in popularity. Again, the other parties don’t have a strong opinion on this issue one way or another due to them not being very involved in Arabia.

-1 ECO gained in Jerusalem and 1 ECO lost in Arabia due to Skeleton agriculture
-Romania loses $10 from the Balkans not paying taxes, Balkans get 3 ECO from that

The Devil Came back to Vietnam - The Asia Crisis

All throughout Asia, the Vietnamese have been considered liberators. They were so thankful from being liberated from the evil mind control of extra-terrestrials, or the dreaded Empress Shi. However, as the Vietnamese learned in the most painful way possible, they are not the heroes they were looking for. Vietnamese society is inherently racist, their intolerance of Asians is as clear as day. In every place “liberated” by Vietnam and her allies, the Asians are oppressed. Civilians are looked down upon by the military and this goes doubly so for Asians, who are routinely given the most dangerous jobs and turned down for promotion. Very few Asians are eligible for the military, only the best and brightest amongst them are allowed to join and only then are they afforded some respect. So what if a couple of veterans randomly gunned a bunch of them down? They probably deserved it anyway. Although you could argue this kind of treatment is preferable to having your mind controlled, it is preferable in the same way that having your toe chopped off is better than losing your foot. Nowhere is this truer than in Japan.

Japan had it the worst of all the Vietnamese countries, due to the lingering distrust of them due to the atrocities performed by Empress Shi. But the Japanese were fed up. Young mage and hacker Rin Tohsaka Junior organized a large protest in Tokyo against terrible working conditions and the general apathy of the government when it came to these matters. The response by the Vietnamese police, who disliked protests because of the whole Vietnam War thing, was to crack down on the protests. This just made the whole situation worse, within a few hours downtown Tokyo had become a warzone. The top troublemakers, except for Tohsaka who it is believed has fled to China, were arrested and many on both sides were killed. The widely publicised event (in the underground media, at least) have pushed racial tensions to a head across the whole country. Dissident movements are picking up steam across the entirety of the K.C.U.F alliance, which high ranking officials worried that there may be a large revolt coming soon.

In better news, the sales of Vietnamese music continue to be at an all-time high, especially amongst the Romanian youth. This is making the boondollar for Vietnam.

-Global Stability Drop in Vietnam and her puppets
-Greater Vietnam gets 3 ECO from Vietnamese Music

Foreign Agents Wreak Havoc in the Church of Goomy

The straw that broke the proverbial Camerupt’s back was an ill-timed tax on Pokéblock imports in the West African region. Corrupt local Goomish officials decided that they could make the boondollar on the recent boom in Pokéblock sales, but this just incensed the local populace. A group of angry trainers intercepted a local shipment of Pokéblocks and pushed it into the sea, screaming “No Pokétaxation without Pokérepresentation!”. The local police attempted to arrest them, but soon the whole city was up in arms and took the city for themselves. A Goomish force was organized to defeat the rebels. Although they managed to crush the rebellion after two months of fight, casualties were higher than was estimated as the rebels were far better equipped than was expected. Newly-equipped Goomish counter-intelligence agencies have determined that foreign agents were definitely supporting these rebels and other rebels across the country, although they have not determined who.

There was slightly better news though. Counter-intelligence agencies assisted Goomish police in arresting large groups of terrorist cells in Western Europe this year. They have determined that these terrorists belong to a group known as “Team Napoleon”. Led by a man styling himself as the reincarnation of the legendary Napoleon, their goal is to topple the Goomish government and replace it with a democracy. They are organizing an underground group of unregistered trainers across Europe to topple the regime. It is believed that they too are receiving foreign assistance, but the counter-espionage agencies are still not sure from who. Although their presence has been mostly eradicated from Iberia and France, it is believed that their influence seeps across the rest of Europe. It is worried that they could plunge the whole of Europe into a massive civil war if they aren’t stopped.

Things aren’t looking good in Denmark either, with newly-independent Scandinavia biding its time and raising a host to take on the three powers that have dominated their country for so long. Many Danes are believed to secretly support Toste "The Holy" of Munsö after the “dishonourable” genocide of the Belorussians. Things are looking very grim for the Church. May the Goomyness save them all.

-Church of Goomy loses 4 MIL due to the revolts in West Africa

The End of the Pacific Coalition?

The future of the Pacific Coalition is in question as Abbotsford did not respond to Nova Terra’s call to arms nor their request to further rapprochement efforts. This has led many worried in the newly reformed State Department that Abbott may not wish to be a part of the Pacific Coalition anymore and that if they don’t convince him otherwise that they may lose their jobs, or worse. All eyes have turned to the annual Coalition summit held in the Mystery Nation, usually an uneventful affair that has now become very important due to the shaky nature of the alliance. Abbott’s actions, or lack thereof, at the summit may determine the continued relationship of these three powers.

Things have changed quite a lot since the original conception of the alliance. Nova Terra’s Earth holdings have turned from a small colonial outpost to a massive but exhausted juggernaut. Although they control all of the Americas, their economy is in shambles due a massive labour shortage from the endless state of war. Almost every Nova Terran on Earth has fought in one of their many wars or has had a loved one die in one. Although things are starting to look up for the nation. Now that E.V.I.L, one of Nova Terra’s last rivals, has been defeated most of the soldiers can go back to work. This, alongside boom in Bryyo Fuel Gel production and (to a lesser extent) the reformation of the Department of State and the Galactic News Network, has put Nova Terra back on track for a more prosperous peacetime. However, her people are not ready for another war in the slightest. Although the military has been rebuilt somewhat after the Great Cyberwar, the people of Nova Terra are very unlikely to support a war unless Nova Terra is directly threatened. The people are ready for peace and are already starting to embrace it.

The Mystery Country and Abbottsford has also undergone quite a lot of change as well. It used to be a humble state in Canada, but now they are an extremely wealthy state. Their control of Great Britain and Norway has allowed them to dominate trade in the North Sea and North Atlantic Ocean, making them LOADSEMONIE. Abbottsford is now one of the two powers that hold dominance over Asia and the Pacific and has even made inroads into Central Asia. So much has changed since they banded together to defend the Philippines, but can they still find common ground or will the Coalition decay with the passing of time?

-Nova Terra gets 2 ECO and 1 MIL from the Bryyo Fuel Gel production

The Continent of Extreme Interest Continues to be Interesting

Things continue to be interesting in the continent of extreme interest, a.k.a Africa. Off the Skeleton Coast, the economy of the Peaceful Skeleton Realm continues to boom. Although the film industry isn’t doing quite as well as last year (3009 was an exceptional year for Skeletal film making), the agricultural business is doing better than ever. Thanks to peaceful and ethical genetic engineering, their products agriculture products are now the finest in the world. Species of all kinds around the world are having Skeletal vegetables for dinner. These peaceful, ethical and delicious vegetables have driven out many of the Peaceful Skeleton Realm’s less ethical businesses out of business, freeing thousands of sweatshop children. It is even rumoured that Sonereal himself was visibly shaken, and dropped his copy of Wealth of Nations. He stormed out of his office crying those statist economist tears. The same tears that statists cry for NESers (who live in such luxury that they even own laptops) when they jealously try and claw justly earned memes from the deserving storyist GMs. The Peaceful Skeleton Realm also started a massive railroad construction project. Although it will take several more years until the project is complete, they have already made very significant progress. Most major cities are linked together by a very efficient and spooky railroad system. This is expected to bring major economic benefits in the years to come.

Meanwhile in the Holy Neko Empire, a host of Scandinavians came immigrated into the country. Most of them were loyalists fleeing the oppression of Toste "The Holy" of Munsö, who has started tracking down supporters of Aslaug Khanjstavir and killing them. Asalaug has formed a government-in-exile with her husband Emir Raul Khanjstavir, she has begun to raise a host of exiled Viking warriors to bring down his rule. In Western Neko, things are starting to get a very unstable due to all the violence happening just across the border, but the new developments in military technology could make all the difference for the Nekoese military in dealing with these new threats…

In the realms of the Highwaymen, a vicious new drug dealer known as Heisenberg has pushed a new and improved version of Jet onto the market. This would undercut the Highwaymen’s profits if it weren’t for the fact that they tax and legalized drug dealing so it’s all fine and dandy.

-The Peaceful Skeleton Realm gets 4 ECO from agriculture products

Economic Plan Goes Ahead in the Caucasus as Health Rumours Persist

King Agathios has not been seen in public for almost three years. Although the country is still being run from his palace and there are many royal decrees that have been signed by him, he has not had an interview for a long time. There are persistent rumours that he is in bad health, after all many people are wondering why does he wear the mask? Is he covering up some sort of illness? Was this part of his plan? Is he a big guy? For you?

The closest thing to a press interview with Agathios that has been had was an announcement by Makis Voridis, Minister of Finance, announcing an economic stimulus program to improve the economy of the fledging kingdom. Unlike the Skeletal plans, they are more grounded in hard statistics but you can’t argue with the results. The people of the Kingdom are very happy with the developments and with their king, who approved of these plans, but they are missing their king and hope he becomes more active in the future.

-The Kingdom of the Caucasus gains an additional ECO from economic investment

GM Notes:

1 – Again, sorry for the long update times. I’ll make it my new year’s resolution to update faster in the future. :) Also I'll probably continue the tradition of separating the War and Main Updates because, well, my spoon is too big.

2 – Talking of New Years…unfortunately this will be the last update for this IOT this year. I hate to do this again, but at least I pumped out an update before it happens right? I mean I’ve got two more weeks until the holiday season begins but it would just be unfair on all parties to expect an update to happen then. Don’t panic! Continue to RP and once January (well more like mid-January, I’ll keep you posted on order due dates) rolls around we’ll get right back into funposting like pros. I can’t believe it’s been almost a whole year since I started this thing! Have a glorious day, you glorious people.

To: Siberian Catlands and Holy Neko Empire

Good fight. But...perhaps we should shake our hands, bury our dead and have no more war between us? War never changes, but money always rewards. And with the unchanging nature of war, money is less rewarding now...There's no way to peace, peace is the way!

With the downfall of EVIL Peril can now make his mark on history and grant catkind a new beacon of peace!

Spoiler sign up :

Nation: Lunar Kingdom of Bastetten
Claim: the Moon
Capital: Bastetty

Pharaoh: Peril

Chancellor: Tinklebell

Grand Marshal: Eddy Khan
Grand Admiral: Sarina
Court Treasurer: Mittens
Court Spymaster and Head of the Lunarclaw Cat Ninja Clan: Miss Havisham
High Priestess: Isadora
Head of the (Human) Servants to Peril: John Smith

Currency: Meounds
Official Language: Cat
Government: Divine Monarchy officially; in practice cats tend to do what they want to do because cats are cats, though they respect the boss.
Prime Imports: milk, fish, yarn
Prime Exports: lunar minerals, internet cat videos, dead rodents.

Director Herrick De Venn's last desire was to ensure that his cat would survive the fall of EVIL, thus the only escape vessel was for a cat submarine. During the journey to Florida Peril make contact with his fellow kind and decided that the aims of his former seat were not his and that he instead simply wanted to run his own kingdom of cats. With the aid of cat ninjas John Smith, who was allowed to leave EVIL, was kidnapped in Cuba and bought to the last sanctum of EVIL personal, were he was conscripted into becoming Peril's top human servant. With the aid of the humans Peril and his fellow cats began a journey into space to reach the Moon, the aim to build a new nation for catkind and to enjoy live free from the perils of the Earth.

Now cat memes were now in orbital position as the Moon became a pouring beacon of the ancient cat civilization, who now seeks a new peaceful dawn for kittykind.

*angry hisses*

NC, did you goofed up on the cash and STA? I know I should (and others in my situation) should have way more than $3 in cash. Also, I thought STA accumulates each turn depending on how many regions a player has and I should have gained around 5 STA

NC, did you goofed up on the cash and STA? I know I should (and others in my situation) should have way more than $3 in cash. Also, I thought STA accumulates each turn depending on how many regions a player has and I should have gained around 5 STA

Argh, sorry. Will fix when I get to my computer.

EDIT: Stats should be fixed.

Interview with King Agathios

Hello. My name is John Vitsaxakis and this is the interview which King Agathios gave to me:

J: Greetings Your Majesty. I am honored by the fact that you agreed to give me an interview.

A: Hello Mr. John. Thanks for your invitation.

J: My first question is about your disappearance. For many months you refused to give any interview and no one knew what was going on, despite the fact that you continued issuing Royal Decrees.

A: Well, Mr. John, as you know my job does not allow me to have much free time for interviews or media appearances. I have sworn to serve the people and to do this I have to work all day long. Thus I was either too tired to give interviews or simply did not have the time to do so. It has nothing to do with health problems or anything. It is simply the result of overwork.

J: I see. About your domestic policies, you have given much emphasis on the economic development of Caucasus.

A: Developing the economy of the Caucasus is our top priority. Only with a strong and rapidly developing economy will we be able to sustain a welfare state which shall help the poorer people and bring prosperity to the Caucasus. We want the economy of Caucasus to be export oriented and to have a friendly to investors environment. We want investments, we want new jobs, we want economic development. That's why we have adopted liberal policies instead of socialistic or communist policies.

J: I see. How would you describe the economic policy you follow?

A: Caucasus follows a policy of Social Liberalism. That means free market, minimal government regulations, welcoming to investors but also offering free and universal healthcare, education and economic aid to the poorer of the citizens.

J: Now, let's move to our next subject: foreign policy. Do you believe Caucasus should intervene in the Psych Civil War?

A: Of course not! That would be irresponsible and aggressive foreign policy. Caucasus seeks peaceful relations with all nations and has no interest in expansion or imperialism.

J: Thank you very much for giving me this interview.

A: It is me who should thank you.

Port Development Project

- Adonis Georgiadis, Minister of Development and Trade

Adonis Georgiadis, Minister of Development and Trade, has announced a "Port Development Project". This project is part of the larger program of public investments which Makis Voridis, Minister of Finance, had announced. More specifically, Adonis Georgiadis announced large scale public investment to build up the country's ports in the Black and Caspian Seas as well as the creation of new airports near the ports which shall connect them with the interior of the country.

This investment shall allow the ports to handle more ships and goods, thus increasing exports and trade. The goal is to make the ports of Caucasus the most visited and most successful in Eurasia. The increase in ships and goods shall increase state funds and bring more investments. Not to say that thousand new jobs shall be created both in the ports and the airports.

Adonis Georgiadis also stated that while the state will be the main investor, certain ports, the smaller ones, shall be developed by private investors. The major private investor is the "Black Dragon Shipping Company" which shall develop three ports in the Caspian Sea. The construction of the airports shall be made almost exclusively by private investors, except for two airports which shall be constructed with state funding.

As I continue to struggle finishing proper RP from last turn, based Australian counterintelligence has pierced the "reality firewall" and obtained classified footage of the Game Moderator's update process:

Link to video.

Lilith Aensland casually walks down the hall and hand delivers a letter to Connie's personal secretary, Otto Umezaki. "It's a letter from General Veers from the front". The she proceeds to hand him the letter enclosed in a folder.

Otto then stops his work and looks up at Lilith and reaches to take the folder "Good, I'm sure the Imperitrix would be pleased with the results". He then proceeds open the folder and starts reading the contents of the letter. His expression goes from pleased to intense worry as he continues to read the reports from the assault on EVIL Island. Then immediately slams the folder close and jumps up from his chair to quickly head to Connie's office. Lilith, then just looks at Otto bemused as he enters Connie's office. Otto then closes the door behind him; with Connie, her cabinet, and her Moffs present for a meeting on the discussion of the Post-War era that would come to Nova Terra. He faces The Imperitrix "General Veers has sent us a latest report on the situation on EVIL Island".

"Well, read it." Connie orders while noticing that her personal secretary is visibly hesitant about the contents of the letter.

"Here goes..." Otto says as he opens up the folder and begins to read the letter "...My Imperitrix. While on the surface the campaign against EVIL is a success. I come to regret that Herrick De Venn has killed the members of SEAL Team Six in his suicide bombing attempt. In the process of detonating himself, he also blew up the entirety of the island." Connie then starts to get visibilly angered and clutches her leather chair, to the point of ripping some of the leather material off, while Otto continues on "Fortunately, the forces of Romania, Mystery Country, Goomy, Vietnam, the PSR, and the Holy Neko Empire managed to evacuate the island." Otto then closes the folder and looks at Connie at attention "That is all".

"Eventhough we've lost SEAL Team Six, we can still resurrect that unit" Zsinj says, sitting relaxed across from Connie "The main point here is that EVIL has been sent into Oblivion and that we've liberated Hawaii. Though I can understand how your upset with Herrick De Venn getting away scot-free from all the stuff that he has done to compromise the integrity of the Pacific Coalition".

"I'm sure it's of no surprise that Abbotsford did not respond to our call to arms nor to our request to continue on with the rapprochement efforts" Tym Nightshade barks "It's no surprise that he and his goons are seriously discussing the nature of the alliance. Given what has transpired over the past years, I won't even be surprised if Abbot breaks off the alliance. All because of the little poophead with a bombjacket from SUDS pulled. He comes in, meddling in with our affairs with the Cybermen and compromising the integrity of the Pacific Coalition!"

Connie, still sitting in her chair, crumples the leather piece of the chair she ripped off starts to contemplate. "I can't believe that Nerf hearder blew himself up. I fracking cannot believe it. I wanted De Venn's head so I can thrust it on a pike for all to see! But NO, he had to take my kill!". Then Connie leans down forward in her chair and starts pointing at her pecs "He took my kill by blowing himself up!!" Then she leans back in her chair, moments passes as Connie starts to collect her thoughts "I think it's high time we start having a serious discussion about our nature in the alliance in the Pacific Coalition."

The Moffs and her cabinet all gave a slight nod of approval towards Connie. Except for Dennis Crocker, who became visibly worried at the discussion Connie brings up "Imperitrix" Crocker nervously says "We shouldn't go through this hastily. I mean, there could be a reason why Abbott didn't return our call to arms and rapprochement efforts".

"Don't be so naive Crocker" Ardus Kaine said "Abottsford was going to do this to us one of these days, just toss us aside like a soiled napkin. Just like Coruscant's old allies did to it."

"But..." Crocker muttered

"We've held our own" Ardus Kaine snapped "We cannot rely on our allies to remain loyal to us. The fiasco that E.V.I.L. has caused only accelerated the process." Kaine then crosses his arms "Given that they're not returning our calls for our calls of rapproachment. It's clear that they're just going to refuse any such rapproachment efforts and start to harbor Anti-Coruscanti sentiments against us".

Grand Moff Orlok then leans back while tighting up his leather gloves "I suppose that we should give him the silent treatment if he's not going to return our calls. Hell he doesn't want to even be in part of the Pacific Coalition after being framed by E.V.I.L."

Connie then scans the entierty of her cabinate and Moff Council "I can see dispite our efforts in showing that we're changing and given Abott's attitude of wanting to give me a spanking. I'm just going to hold out on a wait and see approach". Then she raised her finger "Though if Abott want's aid, were not going to be so inclined to help Abottsford should they make a call for aid".

Crocker then looks at Connie, sympathetically "Imperitrix, I urge you to reconsider".

"If Abottsford's high ranking members of his government is going to have a serious conversation about the nature of this alliance, then so should we." Kaine said as he interupts Crocker "Were not going lay down our men in a misguided sacrifice to a nation if Abott does not want to even lift a finger to help us in our time of need against E.V.I.L." Then he turns to Connie "I'm sure the Imperitrix agrees".

"He did sent us some nukes our way during the Cybermen War" Crocker timidly said.

"I know that, Kaine snidely said back, "It's the principle of the thing. I can tell a bully when I see one, even if's one that doesn't run around with a ripper screaming 'eee of mee!'".

"Seems a bit... presumptuous," Crocker stated in a sympathetic tone.

"Presumptuous nothing" Kaine interupts "It's how Abott had handled the SADS situation when they were framed and there tone is what bothers me more".

Crocker looks at the Grand Moff, puzzled "I'm not sure I follow".

"Say your boss is all smiles and chuckles on Monday. On Friday there's layoffs due and he acts as though you're a total stranger." Kaine said, then he turns towards Connie then back at the cabinate and the Moff Council and opens up his arms "What would you take way from that?"

"It does not mean that all hope is lost to keeping Abott in with the Pacific Coalition" Crocker said as he pleas his case.

"You do what you must" Connie said "But undersand it's just a futile effort at this point to even try to keep us in Abott's good graces to be in an alliance with us. Frankly, I don't want Nova Terra to be part of the Pacific Coalition if Abott is going to be acting like a manager on layoff day passing out pink slips to everyone" Then she places her hands on her desk "That's why were taking a wait and see aproach and just only provide lip-service to the Coalition".

"So how do we play this?" Crocker asks

"Damn carefully" Connie breathed.

Grand Moff Zsinj then stands up from the couch "So, back to business as usual then ma'am?" Connie then gives him a smile and a nod.

Then, Motoko Kusanagi gets a phone call from her agents telling her that they've captured the last known E.V.I.L Agent: Silly Song. She quickly puts the phone away and gets Connie's attention "Connie, I've just gotten word that we've captured the last E.V.I.L. Agent! Just a few minutes ago".

"Really" Connie said, in a more angered tone "Take me to him. I suppose not is all lost that I can personally execute someone from E.V.I.L."

"I think it's prudent to get as much information from him as to why they did this" Kusanagi responds.

Connie dismisses the meeting just as Connie and Kusanagi were leaving the office, heading to the parking garage. Minutes later, they enter into the Imperitrix Limo to head across New Port City to the ultra maximum security prison. The duo exits the limo and enter the prison into the forgien prisoner wing. In the mean time, Silly Song and a solder wearing an X-01 power armor circles behinds him, keeping guard of the E.V.I.L. agent.

The soldier approaches Silly Song and puts his hand to the nape of his neck and leans close to his face "It's good you do not talk. We can take our time" then qucikly punches him in his right cheak. The power of the X-01 power armor sends him flying to the floor. The soldier quickly grabs him and forcefully sits him down. Silly song comes to and utters "I'll speak only to the Imperitrix. Bring her to me. I will tell her everything".

Connie and Kusanagi enters into the interrigation room. There they're met with another soldier wearing the X-01 power armor "Imperitrix, the prisoner request to see your presance".

"Well, that's conveniant. I'm sure you had to go Arch Dornan on his ass" Connie said with a grin.

"Believe me" the soldier said "With his beliefs from the late Director of 'not bowing down to Goliath', We had to knock some sense into him to make him sit down in a chair".

Connie then takes off her coat, wearing a tanktop with her name in Japanese katatana and showing more of her muscular build "Believe me, I will make him bow down to me" then she cups her fist into her hand "even if I have to break his fracking knees to make him". Then she enters into the interigation room where she is met with Colonel Arch Dornan.

"Do what you can" Colonel Dornan said "I'll be in the warden's office with Kusanagi" then promptly leaves the interigation room as Connie enters in.

Connie walks infront of the table where Silly Song is sitting at. She notices him wearing handcuffs and a prisoners warden. A closer look can see that he has bloody markings from the punch from the power armored soldier as well as a tatoo of E.V.I.L.'s logo on his right arm. Connie picks up a fallen chair and props it upright and takes a seat "Tell me, bantha herder, tell me why your organization decided to attack my country and frame Abottsford".

Silly Song tries to compose himself, just as the power armored soldier stands behind him with crossed arms. "We did it, to get....Panama. We wanted Panama".

Connie, becoming more agitated "Panama, why the hell does E.V.I.L. want panama!?".

"Because of your control of the canal" Silly Song said.

"Why" Connie said as she lifts both of her muscualar arms to Silly Song, as if to wrangle his neck "Why do you want the canal?!".

"The Director remarked" Silly Song said as he explains "that the canal holds the key to our ambitions to gain power by way of trade and a lucrative drug market. The oportunity only came to us when the Cybermen waged war against you and they gave us an offer to aid them".

Connie then slams her fist onto the table, denting it slightly with her strength "Son of a..." then clenches her fist "and what about Abottsford".

Silly Song chuckles "Oh they gave us an offer, but the Cybermen's were far more intreaging to us. So, we tossed Abott under the bus since it would mean losing the opportunity for us to get Panama. Even if we have to have...a puppet installed. Even if it means framing Abott just to distract you further".

Connie's eyes furowed in anger "SADS!..."

"Ah yes, SADS, was part of our plan to distract your forces to weaken you. You had the opportunity, but you refued to give up Panama" Silly Song said arrogantly

"Are you an idiot?" Connie said furiously "Why the frack would I give up my capital city?! Why couln't your director handled it diplomatically and offered a trade deal!?".

"You dont undersand my dear" Silly Song said, with a smerk in his face "we don't want access to the Canal, we want the canal".

Connie then cracks her knuckles "So for all that, just for access a Canal, you're willing to to do underhanded means. Just to have ownership of the canal".

"The director craves power" said Silly Song "he wanted to have power and control of the entire world. Nova Terra is just a rival in the way of our plans".

Connie then reaches for her 10mm N99 pistol and points it at Silly Song's neck "Do you know how much of a mess you E.V.I.L. scum have left us!? Thanks to you, you made Abott heavily thinking about the nature of the aliance".

Silly Song shoots Connie a rouse smile "It was an amusing game to watch you two bicker about who was responsible for helping SADS, when in reality it was" then he leans back and with a limited motion being restrained by the handcuffs raises his hands up "It was us all along".

"You, son of a horker!" Connie, furiously pistol whips Silly Song across the face. Causing him to fly across the room. Connie looks at the 10mm pistol, then aims her gun to Silly Song's knees "Since your leader was so 'gracious' enough to kill himself. I suppose you're going to have to do".

Silly Song makes an attempt to get up "No, I will not bow down to Goliath! I will die standing!"

Connie then shoots out both of Silly Song's knee caps "I will make you die on the ground like an E.V.I.L. dog that you are" then walks towards towards him and possitions herself behind Silly Song.

Silly Song, with two shot out kneecaps, struggles to stand up "We will not bow down to Goliath!".

"Think again" Connie then places her hands on Silly Song's shoulders and proceeds to forcefully push him to the floor. Silly Song cries in agony as she applies more force to make him go to the ground "I will make you fall to the ground". She finally forced Silly Song into a kneeling possition, walks away from him, then takes aim at his forhead "By the people of Nova Terra, and by the backing of the Nova Terran Suprime Court, I sentance you to death" then she pulls the trigger, killing the last E.V.I.L. agent. She turns to Silly Song and uncerimoniously kick the lifeless body onto the ground then turns to the soldier "Be sure he gets disposed of in the prison's incinerators".

"Yes ma'am" The soldier said while snapping to attention and lifts the body of Silly Song in a fireman's carry to the incineration wing of the prison.

Colonel Dornan and Kusanagi then enter into the interrogation room. They see the soldier carrying the lifeless body of Silly Song to the incinerators.

"It may not be the director, but at least it would give us some closure" Kusanagi said as she watches the soldier making his way to the incernators within the prison. Then turns to Connie "I've also gotten more word from the State Department. Apperently the Highwaymen are a little livid over our counter-espionage mission. Apparently they know that some of our statesmen are drugged addicts after speaking with Crocker, more or less spilling the beans".

"Not my problem that we have to secure our nation, it's for security" Connie said "As for the drug addicts. I'm going to have to set my foot down and start implementing a zero tolerance drug policy, were going to have to start drug testing on government employees from now on and give violators their slips to undergo rehab. Repeat violators, prison sentences".

It's funny because Tym is literally Goebbels. ;)

Seriously though, this is so déjà-vu I'm getting déjà-vu from my déjà-vu.

Dear diary

I though I had finally left employment under utter humiliation behind; Director Herrick De Vann was not the best paymaster considering the mess his killer dolphin leave in their tanks, the many damages conducted by Peril, the fact his goons sometimes forgot to turn off the traps before I conducted their cleaning... I was glade when I told I was being freed from my position; I am a born janitor but being chief janitor of EVIL was among the worst jobs I could have ever taken. I am surprised when his isle was invaded that he did not just simply relied on his lack of health and safety to defend the isle.

Alas I forgot that, in his eyes, I was the bloody cat's employee.

One of my tokens of thanks was a holiday to Cuba; it was a joyful time. I guess the Nova Terrans did not take much notice to me because... well who would regard a janitor as a threat? I proved them right; the only deviant thing I got up to was to get kidnapped by cat ninjas...

I am not joking and, believe me, the Director had weird plans for me, proving beyond the grave he was the worst boss I could ever 'hope' for.

It appears Peril, the Director's "pearl of the Moon," was the only living creature on the bloody isle that he cared about; where his henchmen were executed or set for their dooms his cat was given First Class dive through a submarine to Florida, which the ninja cats took myself to. The Director had invested the space tech he stole from the Nova Terrans into a space shuttle to take his cat, his cat's friends, his cat's friends friends, his cat's etch, a few EVIL engineers and janitor to the Moon, so that his cat can conduct his own pet project to create a kitty nation; I wish I was joking but grandmas have nothing to the Director's loyalty to his cat. The good news is that Peril has lost interest in EVIL; according to his translators (yes Peril has his translators) he had no interest in the visions of what he calls his seat (so much for the Director's loyalty...) and instead wanted to create a nation that would triumph through being a great home for catkind; revenge by living well. I was being being conscripted to serve as Peril's chief servant; a thrall to a bleeding cat! I have heard of skeletons being alive, Pokomon and memes being used for war purposes but... cats forming their own nation?! What the blood hell has the world (or the Moon for that matter) gotten too?!

Now I am on the Moon, in the foundation grounds for the official palace of Peril; they are already setting up mining facilities to extract the Moon's natural minerals and even creameries to 'extract moon cheese.' I have even seen Peril's war minister carry a hammer bigger than himself; cat ninjas are normal compared to that, proof that I am done and now beyond.

Will I ever return to Earth or be bounded to the Moon as Peril's thrall? I do not know.

The good news is that I am safe from Nova Terra; I think Herrick took away their chance for vengeance when he took the isle with him. The benefit, however, is still to emerge; Peril is already placing me up the limit with the scratches I receive! Grr!

Anyway: thank you Director Herrick De Vann for ruining my live and making me your bloody Peril's slave! I hope you are proud in whatever afterlives you gone to, because Hell does not deserve your megalomaniac presence!

Anyway... it is not all bad; Tinklebell, the "chancellor," has been kind to me; I think she pities me and I can concur. Whatever happens I am now learning the cat tongue and hope one day to retire for good... by the gods when will the end come?

Hope to write in you more.

John Smith

[Retroactively Deleted]

I feel like I need to get this out of the way before a whole drama-athon starts starring NinjaCow64 & His Game. I have worked under the assumption that RP in IOTs, especially my IOT, work similarly to the Modiquette. What is the Modiquette? It’s the rules that were formally unwritten in the various Creation & Customization forums. The TL;DR version can be found here:

This modiquette is the compilation of all the unwritten rules, which the modders here have essentially followed already. They show the essential spirit of this community, to help one another develop and enjoy the Civilization game. If you want to be a good member of this community, then please follow them too.

The Modiquette
  1. When you upload content, you automatically grant permission for it to be used by all members of this community.
  2. Therefore no permission is required to use content that is uploaded.
  3. However, the modder should give credit for any content used in their mod.
  4. If you identify another modder's content being used in a mod, notify the mod's modder.
  5. If someone notifies you about another modder's non-credited content, you should then add the credit.
  6. If you modify the game's source code or another modder's source code, you should release the new source code as part of your mod.
Background on permissions, credits and source code

I was always under the assumption that the first two rules applied to IOT RP as well. Namely, that once you participated in an IOT it was okay for other people to reference your nation and even do things in your nation without your express permission. Sure, you can complain to them if you think that they got something wrong or you could write RP contradicting their posts. Ultimately, I thought that conflict in RP was soley to be resolved by the GM and that players didn’t have any sort of veto power over people’s RP. But apparently some people think that they have some special power over their creations in games like this. So that we are all on the same page, I have decided to write a list of what I thought were unwritten rules so that a misunderstanding like this doesn’t happen again.

THE GOLDEN RULES/GUIDELINES OF IDIOT:

1. Don’t be disrespectful, to the GM or to the other players.
2. Follow the forum rules.
3. The GM (Game Moderator) is supreme and answers only to the CFC Moderators and Saber. As the GM, I have absolute authority over the universe and the way the game is run, subject only to the restrictions outlined in the Forum Rules and the IOT Constitution (a.k.a Rules and Guidelines for IOT Games).
4. If you have a problem with my decisions, then contact me. If you don’t receive a satisfactory outcome after contacting me, then take it up with the CFC moderators. Please note that contacting the moderators is extremely serious, please don’t send trivial requests to them and please make every effort to resolve the situation before you call them in.
5. OOC and IC doesn’t mix. Don’t post OOC unnecessarily and try and keep OOC opinions about other players, RL politics and other sensitive topics out of IC comments and RP. Also follow the OOC guidelines outlined in the IOT Constitution.
6. By posting RP in this thread, you agree to relinquish some forms of creative control of your nation and your RP to me as the GM. You have no authority to override other player’s RP or my RP, only the GM and the CFC moderators have the ability to say something is non-canonical. If you have a problem with another player’s depiction of your nation (or the GM’s), take it up with the other player. If you cannot reach an agreement on your own, then contact me. If you don’t receive a satisfactory outcome after contacting me, then take it up with the CFC moderators keeping Rule Four in mind.
7. Don’t let Rule Six discourage you from posting RP, it is better to post something then ask for forgiveness than not to post anything at all.
8. Don’t powergame. Powergaming is difficult to define, but most people know it when they see it. The best definition I can give is when you portray your nation as unrealistically powerful or utopic, this goes especially if the GM disagrees with your portrayal.
9. If you post in this thread or participate in this IOT in any way, it will be done under the assumption that you have read and fully understand these rules.

These rules are a WIP (especially the ones referencing the IOT Moderators and the Forum Rules), but I will post in the thread if they change. If you have a problem with these rules then contact me. If you don’t receive a satisfactory outcome after contacting me, then take it up with the CFC moderators keeping Rule Four in mind. I emphasised this because I have already lost one player over this incident and I really don’t want to lose more. Hopefully we can now all continue with normal proceedings in this game.

6. By posting RP in this thread, you agree to relinquish some forms of creative control of your nation and your RP to me as the GM. You have no authority to override other player’s RP or my RP, only the GM and the CFC moderators have the ability to say something is non-canonical. If you have a problem with another player’s depiction of your nation (or the GM’s), take it up with the other player. If you cannot reach an agreement on your own, then contact me. If you don’t receive a satisfactory outcome after contacting me, then take it up with the CFC moderators keeping Rule Four in mind.
7. Don’t let Rule Six discourage you from posting RP, it is better to post something then ask for forgiveness than not to post anything at all.

And with that I am announcing my official resignation of this game. I will not play a game where disrespect of creative ownership is abetted.

I concur that "rule" 6 does hinder role play; while it is understandable for a GM to have authority to ensure the destiny of ones nation, at the same time there is a de facto origination to the player of the nation that must be respected. We do not want GMs abusing their powers over the players. There should be agreements between players on co-ordination; just using ones material without asking first is not only simply rude but it can produce poor RP as result.

Overall rule 6 should be replaced by the rule that allows the players to set agreements on the natures of their nations and the concessions on RP using others material if permission is agreed upon; creativity must be respected.

Henceforth though I am in concurrence with Omega.

Top Bottom