MultiPolarity II Signups

Dammn, NonjaCiw beat me to it! :mad:

JoanK, you know not to call me that. It's like saying Candyman into a mirror three times. You wouldn't want the REAL NonjaCiw46 to come out.

Spoiler :

NPC Index complete.

We will begin Turn 1 shortly. Turn 1 will probably be about a week or so to allow RP and will be less detailed than later turns, no events and such.

The Fashion of the Villainous Goon

A history of the uniform of Mandatum’s Guards

By Esther Desjardins

Article first published in the Global Fashion Weekly in the first week of August 2999

Since it came easier and cheaper to create underground lairs so has it come desired for a sense of criminal evolution in the forms of the super criminals organisations. From the primal of these being the Blue Rose Syndicate to the Enlightened Vigilante Infiltration League or the E.V.I.L there has also been another sense in the rise: fashion. Criminal organisations started to brand themselves with uniform, especially when it came to the minions in the base. Among these of course be the guards who sometimes guard and sometimes sent on missions of terror.

Mandatum is not different when it comes to fashion but its adoption was slow. After succeeding from previous status as a shady security firm Mandatum’s first uniform policy was a dress code of “looking like a police officer but with a white and red colour scheme.” Personal conclusions naturally came central to this. This causal dress code was later altered in light of the conflict Mandatum ended up in against the Global Army of the Peoples, needing a uniform to set themselves apart from the guerrilla uniforms of the G.A.P. Hence Karl Eglantine’s decision to hire famed fashion designer Thomas Peckers came to being. The key concern was designing the uniform of the guards. Naturally spies and other uncover figures needed to keep to a simple dress code of “dressed to kill” but guards needed to remain disciplined for the infamous long 84 hour shifts (a policy which is at the moment being reviewed by Mandatum) and to not be confused for intruders. Hence it is necessary to observe the history of Mandatum’s fashion via studying the fashion.

Mandatum Uniforms.png

The first uniform came to being via Thomas Peckers’ handy skills. Taking classical inspirations of minion uniforms the design of a red jump suit was considered but replaced by red trouser, light grey shirt, body armour, boots and helmet instead. The uniform was designed for recognition. Second hand armour and helmets were used for the supplement. This uniform remained policy for Mandatum till the birth of Susan Vide’s rule of Mandatum in 2956.

The second uniform was designed by Susan Vide herself, having studied professional fashion as a hobby doing her days as a ICT student at the University of Helsinki. The uniform was used second hand combat trousers, a dark red shirt and remained to the classic armour as before save for the additional of special combat goggles. The uniform was based on cost efficiency and combat efficiency, although complaints were made at the “lack of brightness” in the colour scheme, a complained championed by the then Chairman of the Peace Department Benet Ahmed in 2957. Benet Ahmed then suffered death via a car accident in the Hispanic region of Leon on the 26th of October, 2959. Interestingly his successor Jack O’Brian approved of Vide’s uniform. The second uniformed ceased its service via the assassination of Vide in 2978.

The third uniform came via Ron Reed giving his brother Nicolas Reed the chance of designing the next uniform. The complaints over Vide’s uniform were taken in and so came the design of the now infamous Mandatum guard suit its bright red colour only covered by the armour. Cheaper boots were taken in and so came cheaper helmets that came over the hood of the new uniform. This uniform had complaint on issue of practicality on the bright colours but others loved the retro focus on the primal colour of red. The designed was kept by Mu Jiang till his death at 2989.

The fourth design came about with Jain Murray’s decision to “spring life to the fullest level within Mandatum. In tribute to her dead sister Rebecca Murray she pressured Rebecca favourite fashion designer Hanaa Saab to accept being hired to do the job via kidnapped Hanaa’s brother Abdul-Hamid Saab. The design maintained the guard suit but issued better class armour and boots as oppose to cheapness for cheapness sake. Now guards could carry supplies more better. This remained the hallmark till December 2989 in policies of Jain’s son and successor, Hectory Murray.

The filth and currently final design of the Mandatun guard was set on policy of efficiency, the only major factor is that instead of combat goggles for when needed the guard now has dark shaded goggle to wear at all guards times. The red circle on the helmet was set as an additional hallmark. These alterations were added by fashion designer Mori Aya after being hired to commence the dashing of Hector Murrey’s collection of fine waist coats as part of his many self-given birthday presents. The design is currently being issued to all guards at every Mandatum base, likely to be completed around January 3000.

As it is clear the uniform has been one most grand, although practicality is raised over the brightness of the red suit when it came to hiding from fire. However the guards have been trained to remain intimidating, even at faces of spies that could reveal the location of their base and call in military forces to storm them down. Whatever the case the Mandatum guard uniform is a key note of villainous retro fashion… even if it can be silly to some at times. The former Mandatum base Mandatum base guard captain Ueda Haru, 65 day before the tragic sinking of the Hamaski cruiser on the cost of Greenland in January the first of 2998 which he was on board on, said best on the issue of the uniform: “Some may laugh at red but red is the colour of danger and Mandatum is danger. We do not mock the colour red. We respect it as we respect that which the suit shares the colour of with: blood. We are blood bound to our cause. We of Mandatum are of tomorrow for we will bring order to those in chaos and peace to those in war.” Whether this is true or not, especially with Mandatum’s criminal status, will be debated along with the issue of the iconic value of the Mandatum guard uniform.

I want to apologise for the way I behaved about Thorvald.

Tani can't wait to see insanity, chaos and evulz running wild in a thread. And an MP game is the only that will get all those things under his devious supervision.

Well after I started the signups, apparently vitality is being sucked out of lot of IOTs as players are eager to play this one instead...

The fact that the orders for Valk, FH, and ChristosIOT are locked may have helped as well.

Well, I've had some concerns from other GMs that this might suck attention away from their IOTs... so I reasoned best to get it out of the way now. :p

And by "out of the way" you mean "park it in the middle of the road", right?

It's actually a corponation just to the north. Arrows would've helped.

If it's starting this month, I'm not going to have time to get involved, especially with all the RP this is apparently going to involve. Bye guys!

Nuuuuuu. Besides, nobody is really going to keep that RP level. Except Ailedhoo and LH and Thorvald and Christos. And possibly someone else.

Christ, Droopy, when was the last time you saw me write a paragraph, let alone a blob of text?

You guys don't understand how busy I am with RL. I don't even have time to follow Iron and Blood 3. :p

Whops, wrong thread

We really need to get this game started. People are already bickering and fighting, making alliances and such. The game hasn't even taken off :p

Let's take these back and forth comments to the field, gents!

Moderator Action: Yes for gods sake get the game going and stop the bickering. A few pages back it was a mess.

I want to apologise for the way I behaved about Thorvald.

Moderator Action: Thanks.

Top Bottom