[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Can you add an override for the CP's city distancing for v24? It's a pain to have to go into the WorldChanges file every time I want to use them together, especially when I'm never quite sure what size the map is!

Sure thing - I'll take a look.

Sure thing - I'll take a look.

I'd imagine you could do it by referencing the CP, and then updating the Worlds table to set all the minimum settle distances to 2.

Unrelated, but have you seen these? They look pretty decent, and could serve as a nice alternative to the current Mesopotamia map which is rubbish because it doesn't include Pasagarade grumblegrumble

A bug (more an oversight, really) that I thought would've been reported by now but I think hasn't - even if you set the Civ Placement option to "Random and TSL" or "Totally Random", civs that lack TSL are not available to select.

I've come up with a sort-of hotfix for this. Replace line 466 in YnaemSetup.lua with:
Code:
				if CivHasTSL(row.CivID) or (PreGame.GetMapOption(MAJOR_PLACEMENT) ~= MAJOR_TSL_ONLY) then

However, this still requires that each time you change the map type or Civ Placement options in the setup screen, you run ScreenOptions["Civs"].FullSync() - and the YnaemSetup code is too complicated for me to figure out where this line should be placed to run automatically when those options are changed. Until one of the Great Lua Gods comes down and blesses us, anyone using my sort-of-fix needs to make sure to enter that in the FireTuner console when changing the relevant options (be sure to set the scope to YnaemSetup first).

The JFD dropbox link for TSL locations isn't working.

What, the TSL support files? Which one are you trying to use - it might be outdated anyway.

Hello community,

So I recently cleared my mods cache and downloaded some new civs, I opened up the yet not another earth map mod pack with the 43 civs yet only my downloaded civs are appearing. The vanilla civs are not in the drop down box. I'm wondering if someone is having the same issue? I tried to re-downloading the YNAEMP but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this matter?

Hello community,

So I recently cleared my mods cache and downloaded some new civs, I opened up the yet not another earth map mod pack with the 43 civs yet only my downloaded civs are appearing. The vanilla civs are not in the drop down box. I'm wondering if someone is having the same issue? I tried to re-downloading the YNAEMP but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this matter?

Please provide a list of which civs exactly these are (as well as any other mods you're using), and enable logging and upload your Database.log and Lua.log.

Is there a .lua version for this map? I love what you created, but only .lua will work in modded multiplayer :(

Is there a .lua version for this map? I love what you created, but only .lua will work in modded multiplayer :(

You can play hotseat, but YnAEMP doesn't work multiplayer because of the custom setup screen.

YnAEMP v24:
  • Added various new maps, thanks to Danmacsch and Jan! But especially Dan, who tirelessly located and inputted co-ordinates, and collected the maps. This update is really his work! So hereby Danmacsch shall be known as the Imperal Catographer and as Danmacsch the Explorer!
  • If CulDiv is active, the 'Only Native American' option will remove any custom colonial civs in addition to Brazil and the US.
  • Added new Giant Earth map to which Jan made additional changes (can't remember what though).
  • Added wkey's fix for users of CP.
  • Added Tonle Saap Lake to South-East Asia, as per Sukritact's request.
  • Added missing TSL for Wellington for South Pacific.
  • Maps are now sorted alphabetically, and grouped geographically. Continent is highlighted green and map size cyan (let me know if the latter is too much).
  • Fixed an issue wherein selecting Random and TSL or Totally Random did not allow you to select a civ without TSL. Thanks to Klisz for pointing this out!
  • Added TSL co-ordinates for Patria Grande civs for Caribbean and Americas, as provided by OrderofOlav.
  • Fixed an issue wherein Denmark would begin in the water on Earth Huge.

@Chrisy Is the City spacing thing still a problem with CP? I looked it up, and the distance of 4 tiles appears to have been removed. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll quickly add this to YnAEMP v24.

YnAEMP v24:
  • Added various new maps, thanks to Danmacsch and Jan! But especially Dan, who tirelessly located and inputted co-ordinates, and collected the maps. This update is really his work! So hereby Danmacsch shall be known as the Imperal Catographer and as Danmacsch the Explorer!
  • If CulDiv is active, the 'Only Native American' option will remove any custom colonial civs in addition to Brazil and the US.
  • Added new Giant Earth map to which Jan made additional changes (can't remember what though).
  • Maps are now sorted alphabetically, and grouped geographically. Continent is highlighted green and map size cyan (let me know if the latter is too much).
  • Fixed an issue wherein selecting Random and TSL or Totally Random did not allow you to select a civ without TSL. Thanks to Klisz for pointing this out!
  • Added TSL co-ordinates for Patria Grande civs for Caribbean and Americas, as provided by OrderofOlav.

@Chrisy Is the City spacing thing still a problem with CP? I looked it up, and the distance of 4 tiles appears to have been removed. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll quickly add this to YnAEMP v24.

By the looks of things, he's set them all to 3 now (from 3 or 4 based off of the map size), so I guess it could be changed if you want to play it safe.

The table's Worlds and the rows are MinDistanceCities and MinDistanceCityStates (It's all in the WorldChanges.sql file)

[Edit] Oh - and what are the new maps!

[Edit] Oh - and what are the new maps!

There's a whole bunch. We talked about setting up a separate thread for ynaemp Vx, where x>22, but I don't really know what was decided in the end or if JFD think it's worth the effort. In any case, I've made a imgur album with high-res images of all the new maps (plus some that wasn't included in the end), but will have to check if they are all correct before they can be showcased.

JFD, I'm glad you got around to releasing this - there was still a lot of work to do after the stuff I did. Super nice with the colour coding of the maps (damn, why didn't I think of that?!!) :D.

I think a new thread is what Gedemon and I agreed upon way back when, so it is the next step - especially to alleviate confusion over custom civ TSL patches and the like. I merely cannot be bothered making it up yet :p

YnAEMP v24:

Awesome! Didn't expect this. Glad to see this is still being worked on.

YnAEMP v24:
Wow this great! many thanks to you, Jan, and especially Danmasch.

Is the blue highlight a replacement for the Giant Earth map, or adjustments to the old one? Really, what I'm asking is: will I need to update coordinates for any modded civs that had support for YnAEMP (Giant)?

I thought that the new version will be working with CBP, but unfortunately it doesn't :( Someone told it works after disabling more luxuries, but I don't wanna play without them.

Hi

Im having some issues with V24:

With EUI CBP activated Im having CTD when I click on start new game. I took a look at the logs and crashes seem to appear when placing resources.

I redownloaded wkey´s fix and compared YnaemLoading.zip to the one included in V.24 and they had different size, so I replaced V.24 with wkey´s and now seems to work

file 1 is the crash and file 2 is a clean start after the "fix"

Also when activating ExCE civ selection screen does not work. it appears strange and clicking reset does not work. I deactivated all modsto track down the issue and EUI CBP seems to work until I turn on Exce. screenshot attached.

Thnks for the update! Cant wait to test the new maps! :goodjob:

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Logs2.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Civ5Screen0017.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 277
Top Bottom