Screenshot analysis!

Probably light infantry or what name they can find for it. Most early rifle armed soldiers was used as snipers and such which would make them a good ranged unit. It seems unlikely that it would be a scout upgrade as such late in the game.

Could also be an update on the scout, a trapper with a fur hat. Though Rifling seems late for an explorer. The Conquistador which we've seen with Spain would certainly come earlier than Rifling, but maybe that's similar to how Samurai don't replace anything. And I can't really see the use of such an unit that late.

Well the commando in rise of nations had an coonskin cap but it would be a bit tricky to imagine such unit in Civilization.

- could be a support unit of some sort (easier movement, more sight, whatever).
- maybe some later resources need this unit to be found when not inside your territory already?
- the icon just shouts "scout" at me and I can't get used to other thoughts, sorry

Well the commando in rise of nations had an coonskin cap but it would be a bit tricky to imagine such unit in Civilization.

Frontiersman? Remember the Alamo!

Though Rifling seems late for an explorer.

New movement costs might make weaker but more agile units more useful in the late game.

Given there is no melee unit otherwise in the industrial era make it likely it is the plain riflemen of civilization V.

What is this unit? The icon is weird IMO, I totally don't know what the icon represents.
Spoiler :

late game explorer with a fur cap icon.

Districts, like Spaceports, seem to be upgradable somehow. We've seen two variants of a Neighborhood.

It's possible some of the Districts are special in that they behave slightly differently to other standard types (the yield ones).

From last civ blog post, i'd say aqueduct have to touch a mountain

Top Bottom