Animal Wars: Pet and Pest

Is a mod with a Cat civ a good idea?

• Good idea!

Votes: 78 60.0%
  • Bad idea!

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • This is really stupid!!!

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • I will probably use it when it is finished.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • I don't think I will ever use this.

Votes: 23 17.7%

• Total voters
I just got Civ3: Conquests :band:!!!!! Now I can use the new features in the mod. Don't worry though, if you are still stuck on vanilla Civ3 or PTW, I am going to make my mod backwards compatable (eventually). The conquests mod format has first priority though!

I have made a major change. The civ I was calling 'Pandora's Box' is now the 'Insect-Bacteria Alliance'. I also took out the 'porcupines' from their list of units. 'I have found a replacement for the actual barbarians, their basic unit is now the 'Virus' and their advanced unit is the 'Adv. Virus' unit.

Originally posted by Mobilize

Hobbs (that one comic book)
Fluffy (lots of movies)
Snowbell (Stuart Little I & II)
Sylvester (Looney Toons)
Tom (Tom & Jerry)

Cats are my favorite animals. This mod looks pretty crazy. Goodluck.
That would be hilarious.

You forgot Bill the Cat, from Bloom County.
That would be hilarious.

Don't get me wrong, I love all suggestions but if I included that not many people would know who 'Bill the Cat from Bloom County' is ;). I don't know who he is anyway :). Thanks for your help, everything is welcome!

EDIT: I just changed my mind, I will use it. I will enter it as 'Bill of Bloom County'.

Check the first post, I have updated it with the most recent info.

===============

Also see post #2 here.

Cat military great leaders
Simba
Crookshanks
Garfield
Sylvester
Felix
Mr. Bigglesworth
Bagheera the Panther
Xercane the Tiger
Snowbell Little
Tigger
Arlene
Nermal
Catbert
Clawdius
Catnipoleon
Leo the Lionhearted
Alexander the Cat
Atilla the Cat

Cat scientific great leaders
Shroedinger
Chesire
Archy
Cat in the Hat
Pink Panther
Hobbes
Topcat
Tony the Tiger
Bill of Bloom County
---------------------------
Rodent military great leaders
Mighty Mouse
Jerry
Martin the Warrior
Wormtail
Speedy Gonzales
Ratbert
Hermin Vermin

Rodent scientific great leaders
Rats of NIMH
Stuart Little
Mickey
Minnie
Insect-Bacteria Alliance military great leaders
Shelob
Aragog
Mothra
Scorpion King
Itsy Bitsy Spider

Insect-Bacteria Alliance scientific great leaders
Charlotte
Mehitabel
Atom Ant
Jiminy Cricket
Shoebag
Honey Nut Cherios Bee
Dog military great leaders
Cerberus
Sirius Black
Fluffy the 3-Headed Dog
Wiley Cayote
Pluto
Odie
Snoopy

Dog scientific great leaders
Pavlov's Dog
Scooby-Doo
Goofy
Clifford the Big Red Dog
Astro
Rowlf the Dog
Huckleberry Hound
Spot
Taco Bell Chiuaua
Bird military great leaders
Daffy Duck
Donald Duck
Huey
Luey
Doey
Darkwing Duck
Tobias of the Animorphs
Rodan
Tweety
Woody Woodpecker

Bird scientific great leaders
Aflac Bird
Roadrunner
Heckle, Brother of Jeckle
Jeckle, Brother of Heckle
Yakky Doodle

I think it sounds fun. I would play as the Cats and seek out and destroy those nasty Dogs :devil2:

subbss said:
I have done quite a lot of work on this mod but one of the things I would like help on is city names for the Insect-Bacteria Alliance. Most importantly is the name of the palace. Brain storming anyone?
How about names of bacterial diseases?

Sound like a good idea...
...and even though this isn't what you suggested it got me to thinking in a brainstorming way and I though of these as city names: symptoms!

Stuffy Nose
Itchy Skin
Intestinal Worms
Single-Celled City
Plague Spawn
Sticky Web
Compact Eyes
Phantom Flu

I will think of more later and will need to look up the scientific names of some bacteria to use The Last Conformists idea. Can anyone else think of some examples. As I like saying, sometimes you need a different mind that looks at the world through a different point of veiw to come up with new ideas.

BTW, while I wrote this, there was a large fly buzzing noisily around my head! How's that for inspiration!

Great idea, this animal mod... :) For the bacterial cities, what about:

Eubacteria City, Bacillaceae Town, Fort Myxophyceae, El Schizophyceae, Nostocaceae Ridge, Oscillatoriaceae, Las Spirillaceae, Mycoplasmataceae, ... or maybe Aerobic city. Anaerobic city,...

For insects I was thinking about: Flyville, Ticktown, Fort Termite, Ant colony, Beetle city,...

Maybe a stupid detail, but I'm afraid spiders and scorpions are not insects...

subbss,
can you add Gray Wolf to the list, please
oh yeah dire wolves were wolves but Gray Wolves didn't evolve from them so they should have a place in the list.

@Flamand, Brilliant ideas with the city names :D! I will add all of them right away!

About the spiders and scorpions... I was hoping no-one would notice :mischief:. I need to keep the spiders because the spiders are the only units that have been made that I could give that civ :( unfortunatly. I was leaving the scopions on the list because I thought that since they are so well known and cool looking that unit makers might want to make them.

I don't want to have to rename that civ again though just for scientific accuracy. I the end I will end up calling the civ "Things that make us sick or are just plain annoying!" or "Arthropod" or just "Bugs". I guess I didn't plan this civ too well. It used to be called "Pandora's Box" which could include all Arthropods and bacteria but the name was just stupid but now my new name restricts what units can be in it for accuracy.

So far I am just ignoring and overlooking the inaccuracy but I would like to find a better solution in the future. If I really have to I guess I could rename the civ again but I already started on the pedia file so I wil have to do a bit of boring editing but if the inaccuracy bothers too many people I will think of a better name for the civ. If you can think of a catchy name that would include insects, arachnids and bacteria then please tell me. Thanks for pointing it out though and helping with the city names.

@Blackbird_SR-71, you are right, I just hadn't gotten around to my dog unit brain-storming yet so that's why there are so few units there. Grey Wolf is added to the list. Thanks.

Thanks everyone, keep it coming. :)

BTW, both of you are now on my credits list with your specfic contribution so far along with the others who have helped.

:nono: :nono:

Mobilize said:
Ah yes.. what is the tiger and panthers names from the Jungle Book? Bagira or somethin...

the tiger name is Xercane and the panther is Bagghera

here's more list of the dog family:
Red Wolf
Artic Fox
Dingo
Jackals
Hyena(maybe not sure if its part of dog family or cat family)
Gray Fox
Labadore Retriever
Manned Wolf(not really a wolf species but looks more like a fox)
Beagle
Pit Bull(make him the 3rd strongest after Dire Wolf and Gray Wolf)
Coyotes

thats all for now but i haven't checked your list so some of these may have been on them already.

[@Flamand, Brilliant ideas with the city names ! I will add all of them right away!]

Thx... Just picked them from an encyclopedia really... :D

[About the spiders and scorpions... I was hoping no-one would notice .]

Hihi... Gotcha... :p

[I the end I will end up calling the civ "Things that make us sick or are just plain annoying!" or "Arthropod" or just "Bugs". I guess I didn't plan this civ too well. It used to be called "Pandora's Box" which could include all Arthropods and bacteria but the name was just stupid but now my new name restricts what units can be in it for accuracy.]

I understand...

[If you can think of a catchy name that would include insects, arachnids and bacteria then please tell me.]

Euh what about 'Creepy Crawly Empire', 'Microzoa Union', 'Alliance of Miniature Lifeforms', ...? :crazyeye:

Saw you were looking for a palace name as well. Why not take an insect queen as palace?

[Thanks for pointing it out though and helping with the city names.]

You're welcome... :)

I have just come back from a week of vacation and am only back at home for a few days before I go on a second vacation where again I will not have internet access but I have just read all of your excelent suggestions and will be implementing them after I get back.

Thanks for all your help and keep it coming.

EDIT: I have 500 posts now!

Top Bottom