Fitted Irrigation

As per previous releases these are made to work with the shape of the coastal terrain and will not have corners jut out into the water.

Here is a preview with some railroads, telephone poles, roads and the paved roads, actually the paved roads look a bit like pipelines in this preview. Gives me an idea, maybe I should mod them to look more like pipelines.

Includes three new irrigation files and a new roads file that is a lighter wheel tracks only.

Don't forget to backup your original files First.
Unzip the file and place contents in:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Terrain

Attachments

• irrig.zip
    230.6 KB · Views: 420
Good idea, I also was considering an old style train station, like the old wooden style.

Not as easy as it looks to implement, I may give it a go one day if anyone ever does an old western American scenario, I was working on some old western towns a while back, but never completed them, general stores, churches, saloons and the like with a street down the middle and a couple of side streets, I'm rambling.......

Here is a new set of irrigation files. Ronning posted some new irrigation and I modified it and incorporated it into my grassland and plains irrigation files, I also added some vineyard type addtions to the grassland. Credit also given to Niessuh who your can see I have also borrowed from.

These, as with all my irrigation are fitted so they don't jut out into the water, they follow the coast.

Here is the file download
Edit: There is an alternate desert irrigation file on post #72 with the newly ploughed/plowed fields motif.

Edit: May 17, 2007 There is a better version of the plains irrigation file on post #76, cleaned up two of the tiles that I wasn't satisfied with.

Unzip and goes in:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Terrain

Don't forget to backup your originals.

Personally I think that the new irrigation looks a little too similar (in colour) to plains. I'd suggest maybe making the water channels more obvious since this is one of the most crucial aspects of desert farming.

Hi Pounder. I do like the water channels in the new pic, though I still think that the colouration of some of the tiles should be changed. If you look at 1 and 2 on my wonderfully MS paint doctored version of your pic below, you would assume that 1 is plains and that 2 is plains irrigation. In my opinion the colour in 3 is a better choice of dominant colour for desert irrigation.

BTW - Are you planning to do any irrigation for Ares' V.2 terrain in the future? :mischief:

Attachments

• Irrigate.JPG
    Irrigate.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 244
Hi Pounder. I do like the water channels in the new pic, though I still think that the colouration of some of the tiles should be changed. If you look at 1 and 2 on my wonderfully MS paint doctored version of your pic below, you would assume that 1 is plains and that 2 is plains irrigation. In my opinion the colour in 3 is a better choice of dominant colour for desert irrigation.

BTW - Are you planning to do any irrigation for Ares' V.2 terrain in the future? :mischief:

Thanks for the feedback.

I wanted to be able to tell them apart from each other, which I think you easily can. I may play around with the colours, but I really don't have the drive to at this time. Maybe I 'll look at it a bit later on.

As for "irrigation for Ares' V.2 terrain", he hasn't asked me and I'd say that he has things under control, I'll leave it in his capable hands.

Hey Pounder, could I have a link to where you got your resources?
Nevermind, I found it. :D

Btw, all your work is awesome! :)

Top Bottom