FfH2 0.31 Bug Thread

ummm... the fire elemental model appears to be missing. When I destroyed the pyre, a bunch showed up and all I could see were the flags where they should be, but otherwise empty tiles. Course that didn't stop them from attacking or being attacked.

The model is actually just very small. Fire Elementals, Tar Demons, etc., actually use effects instead of models. Thus they don't show up if you turn off effects, and never appear in the cilivopedia. The actual model is that of a Great Prophet, shrunk way down, to a single pixel if I'm not mistaken. If you look really closely, you might see a tiny dot. The effect is a huge "halo."

Smoke never spreads. I think it used to (pre-BtS), but hasn't recently.

The tile didn't "turn into" the Fruit of the Yggdrisil; the fruit was already there, and it stayed there when the unique feature was removed. All unique "features" are actually improvements. Smoke is also an "improvement," and you cannot have multiple improvements on the same tile, so by placing the smoke there you are removing the unique feature.

I thought there was a python check that blocked you from using such spells on unique features. Has it been removed?

I didn't cast Blaze on the Yggdrasil tree (it wouldn't let me), the smoke spread there naturally. Ever since .31 when Kael moved the fire spreading mechanics into the SDK, fire spreads much slower and smoke spreads to a tile before fire does. I was using Blaze to burn down some jungle near the tree (the tree itself was on a jungle tile), and eventually smoke spread to the tile the tree was on, destroying it. And yes, I have a save game I can upload... if I had any idea how to upload files on this forum. :confused:

Also, the bit about new forests not being choppable: It doesn't make sense, and is annoying, because burnt forests are choppable. I tend to chop down forests that are near a fire, because if you start building an improvement and then smoke spreads to the tile, it cancels out the improvement you were building. If there is burnt forest or normal forest on the tile, this works fine. But if there is new forest, you have to start building the improvement and hope it finishes before the smoke spreads.

P.S.: I do approve of how much slower fire seems to spread in .31, btw. Forest fires are still hard to control without spring, but not the ever-burning monstrosities they were previously.

Not sure about bug or not, My Adventurer can't be made into a Medic?

My Upgraded Mage Adventurer, can cast Maelstrom & attack the same turn.

Fader

Hey I havent had time to review the whole thread so im not sure if this has been asked before but on my infernal game, my ashen vale high priests, when they cast hellfire it never gets created, theres no icon and sect of flies spawning, making me mad :mad: .

Also with Baron Duin, Mardero, and 2 High Priests (mardero and priests all have command 3) there is no unit spawn. I have killed tons and tons of LIVING troops from the grigori and only been able to spawn 2 werewolves and capture 1 unit. Maybe its the Arquebus im attacking that just dont have any results, as they are 90% of the grigori's current army.

And 1 more thing that probably doesnt belong in the bug thread but I might as well include it in this post, how do you get Mary Morbus?

(BTW I am currently running patch E on the latest build with the media pack for it. Also running windows XP if that affects anything)

Thank you, sorry if those questions have been asked before. And a HUGE thanks to the mod team for the best damn mod ever made for a game.:D:D:D

Oh as a response to Fader55 as of I belive build 30 or 31 mages can cast and attack in the same turn.

Equipment duplication :

I don't know is the AI use the spell addTofleshGolem , but this is perhaps the source of the orthuss axe duplication i've seen . And i've been able to reproduce the bug with one of my unit . in CvSpellInterface.spellAddToFleshGolem . (i've checked the patch e file this time ...) . I've removed the equipment from the caster to prevent AI to loose the equipment :

Spoiler :
Code:
def spellAddToFleshGolem(caster):
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	iChanneling = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_CHANNELING')
	iChanneling2 = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_CHANNELING2')
	iChanneling3 = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_CHANNELING3')
	iDivine = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_DIVINE')
	iFleshGolem = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_FLESH_GOLEM')
	pFleshGolem = -1
	for i in range(pPlot.getNumUnits()):
		pUnit = pPlot.getUnit(i)
		if (caster.getOwner() == pUnit.getOwner() and pUnit.getUnitClassType() == iFleshGolem):
			pFleshGolem = pUnit
	if pFleshGolem != -1:
		if caster.baseCombatStr() > pFleshGolem.baseCombatStr():
			pFleshGolem.setBaseCombatStr(pFleshGolem.baseCombatStr() + 1)
		if caster.baseCombatStrDefense() > pFleshGolem.baseCombatStrDefense():
			pFleshGolem.setBaseCombatStrDefense(pFleshGolem.baseCombatStrDefense() + 1)
		for iCount in range(gc.getNumPromotionInfos()):
			if (caster.isHasPromotion(iCount)):
				if (iCount != iChanneling and iCount != iChanneling2 and iCount != iChanneling3 and iCount != iDivine):
					if gc.getPromotionInfo(iCount).isRace() == false:
						pFleshGolem.setHasPromotion(iCount, true)
[COLOR="Red"]						if gc.getPromotionInfo(iCount).isEquipment():
                                                        caster.setHasPromotion(iCount, false)
[/COLOR]

I've checked the other spells where the caster is sacrificed . But no other spell pass the promotions on sacrifice .

Tcho !

@ Fader55
I don't think that Adventurers have ever been able to upgrade to Grigiri Medics (except in modmods), although I don't know why not.

You can cast and attack in the same turn now no matter what (with a few exceptions, like you can't cast hide after attacking). The AI can't really handle deciding which one to do if it can't do both.

@ hiphopin
I think you have to be be at peace with the barbs for Hellfire to work. Thats what I've read elsewhere. I'm thinking that maybe the presence of your unit (the caster) on the tile goes ahead and clears the lair as soon as it is made.

I'm guessing you just got unlucky when it comes to the random number generator. Otherwise, do your enemies like to use the Law 1 spell, Loyalty, a lot? That promotion would make the units die instead of being captured.

Mary Morbus can only be obtained through a random event that requires you have an Alchemist Lab building.

Ok, Hellfire and the requirements are working fine (cannot cast it within 2 tiles of another Hellfire), the spell just isn't doing anything.

The reason is very simple. And has nothing to do with Peace with the Barbarians.

Hellfire is not a valid improvement for ANY TILES. Hence when you attempt to make it with a spell via XML, it cannot be made anywhere at all.

So either the creation of the Hellfire has to be moved to Python, or Hellfire has to be made a viable Improvement on whatever terrain the spell is meant to work on. Doing that however could make the map automatically generate Hellfire when it is formed. Though it could be set to only be valid on Hell Terrain and still work by XML without fear of initial placement.

I tested this by making Hellfire be allowed on hills (same as a Mine basically) and the spell was actually able to make Hellfire if I cast it on a Hill, otherwise it worked as it does now and had no result.

MagisterCultuum yes I am at peace with barbs but like Xienwolf said it has nothing to do with it, thanks xien for taking time to test hellfire, hopefully the next patch will fix it. Magister as to the loyalty promotion, no they dont have it, I will try to test it some more to see if its working properly.

Thanks for your speedy replies.

Mimics can get multiple weapon promotions (i.e. Bronze AND Iron weapons) if they steal a weapon promotion in combat. Also, TXT_KEY_MESSAGE_PROMOTION_STOLEN is not defined.

Also, although this isn't a bug, could Mimics be made to be able to steal racial promotions? It would be very cool and flavorful if they could actually change race through their ability (especially since this would in theory change their appearance).

hmm, which patch version do you have? I can't test it out right now, but I will check it out later.

hi guys! Great job!

In the latest version I cannot get a custom game to load using the "end of winter" option. the program just stops respoonding with no error message.

hi guys! Great job!

In the latest version I cannot get a custom game to load using the "end of winter" option. the program just stops respoonding with no error message.

I think this option takes VERY long to make the map, you may have to wait a few minutes before it is ready to go.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Ok, Hellfire and the requirements are working fine (cannot cast it within 2 tiles of another Hellfire), the spell just isn't doing anything.

The reason is very simple. And has nothing to do with Peace with the Barbarians.

Hellfire is not a valid improvement for ANY TILES. Hence when you attempt to make it with a spell via XML, it cannot be made anywhere at all.

So either the creation of the Hellfire has to be moved to Python, or Hellfire has to be made a viable Improvement on whatever terrain the spell is meant to work on. Doing that however could make the map automatically generate Hellfire when it is formed. Though it could be set to only be valid on Hell Terrain and still work by XML without fear of initial placement.

I tested this by making Hellfire be allowed on hills (same as a Mine basically) and the spell was actually able to make Hellfire if I cast it on a Hill, otherwise it worked as it does now and had no result.

I think that making hellfire able to exist on hell terrain makes sense. There normally wouldn't be any at the start of the game (unless it is a premade scenario, in which case more improvements wouldn't be added anyway), so this shouldn't really effect anything.

My mana is gone and i don't know why.
And it's not happening the first time.

Question:
Is there a limit i can promote adepts or mages with air1, fire1 and so on?
If no, i don't understand it.

First time i noticed this is happening was in .30 with Amurites, i had an intact node but couldnt promote adepts with fire1 anymore, only train with Gov. worked.
Last game, .31e, my air mana is gone (it shows 0 in the mana ressource window), no promotions for adepts, but for my mages, of course.
And no flare event btw.

The air node is still intact. Amurites were in game, but never casted world spell before they died. I have another node, fire, but it still works to promote adepts.

I've never traded the mana away or did anything else with it.

Mana still reverts when it crosses though cultural borders (by city conquest or revolts, which are also caused by certain events, the Purge of the Unfaithful Ritual, and building Beasts of Agares), leaving the old node (improvement) in place.

The Meta Magic 2 spell (Dispel magic) also causes nearby nodes to revert.

What do you mean by a limit? So long as you have the appropriate mana and your adepts are able to get promotions (and you don't already have the promotion) you should be able to get the first level of any sphere spell.

I have patch e.

I checked it out and I did crash like 5 turns later, while one of those barbarians was attacking the city, did you crash when this was happening or was something else going on when you crashed.

I checked it out and I did crash like 5 turns later, while one of those barbarians was attacking the city, did you crash when this was happening or was something else going on when you crashed.

Last thing I see are goblins outside Midgar (not attacking) at turn 418. But earlier it were other things and I get through after restart.

Top Bottom