FfH2 0.31 Bug Thread

Hello, well I found a bug, im not sure if this is intentional though. As Gibbon Goedia when you use the impersonate leader spell, you take control of the leader of the city you casted the spell in for several turns. You are however unable to kill troops of that leader by the delete button or trade/war or even talk to ANY leader which is of cource to prevent abuse.
BUT you are able to declare war against ANY leader by pressing ALT and clicking on the leaders score. Its normally used as a shortcut to declare war but I happen to use it a lot, so your again able to totally screw that civ by declaring mass war against everyone.
Hopefully this can get patched though. Just imagine you cast impersonate leader against the most powerful civ in the game, turn all there cities to build the worst possible troop that would be worthless IE scout/workboat switch worked tiles on the city screens to citizens for a crappy 1 hammer, change there civics to the worst possible combo for that civ, change there religon to the worst possible for the civ, have the civs own troops pillage all improvments, causing severe :mad: in all the cities because of lack of military protection, research useless techs for them and on top of ALL that declare war against every civ in THE GAME. Overpowered much:spear::backstab:? sure you lose a cool hero caster but that just totally screws the civ you cast it against.

If you couldn't do that, what would be the point of Impersonate Leader? Considering the AI also takes over your civ and often messes things up greatly, I don't think I would ever use it without this exploit.

Personally I think that any or all of these could be good changes:

1.) This spells should not make you lose control of your civ, but make it play like a hot seat game for a while.

2.) You shouldn't be limited in what you can do, but bad decisions like declarations of war and deleting units (especially heroes) should have a good chance to make you be discovered. This would make you lose control of the civ, make the civ declare war on you, and give you a diplomatic penalty with all civs.

3) Don't make the spell kill Gibbon, but have him switch to the other civs control. Allow him another spell that lets you go back to your other civ whenever you want. Make the spell to end the impersonation be likely to kill him. Make it so that if he dies (no matter how) you loose control of the other civ, it declares war on you, you get diplo penalties with everyone, etc. Also make it so that the Revelation spell cast on Gibbon will make you lose control of the civ, maybe killing him or having all the same penalties.

If you couldn't do that, what would be the point of Impersonate Leader? Considering the AI also takes over your civ and often messes things up greatly, I don't think I would ever use it without this exploit.

Personally I think that any or all of these could be good changes:

1.) This spells should not make you lose control of your civ, but make it play like a hot seat game for a while.

2.) You shouldn't be limited in what you can do, but bad decisions like declarations of war and deleting units (especially heroes) should have a good chance to make you be discovered. This would make you lose control of the civ, make the civ declare war on you, and give you a diplomatic penalty with all civs.

3) Don't make the spell kill Gibbon, but have him switch to the other civs control. Allow him another spell that lets you go back to your other civ whenever you want. Make the spell to end the impersonation be likely to kill him. Make it so that if he dies (no matter how) you loose control of the other civ, it declares war on you, you get diplo penalties with everyone, etc. Also make it so that the Revelation spell cast on Gibbon will make you lose control of the civ, maybe killing him or having all the same penalties.

1) Love the Idea for hot seat, but that would make it so that if you neighbor that civ you could just move that civs troops out of the cities and then declare war and move yours in for easy and free captures. Even if you made it so you could not declare war during that period against eachother (IE yours and the impersonated civ) you could still move your troops right next to there border and move theres as far away as possible. I cant think of any other ways, except maybe a 10 turn peace treaty after the spell ends.

2) Is it even possible to code it so that deleteing troops will trigger a random number effect that has a chance to end the impersonation? Or you could make it so when you cast impersonation all the oppenents troops gain a temporary promotion that grants a spell that kills the troop but triggers a random number to have a chance to end the impersonation. Aside from that I do like that idea a lot, it makes the spell powerful, yet not crazy OP. Also heros must not be deleteable, I think thats taking it a lil to far. Maybe make it so that there level is reset to 1 but they keep there xp so you can chose a terrible promotion path for the hero.

3) I think it would be better if casting impersonate leader had the same effect as call holy war, gibbon doesnt die, but he loses some xp, maybe nerf the effects of impersonation some more but have him be able to cast it multiple times, but loseing xp in the process. Maybe making it so that the random number would have a higher chance of ending the effect sooner the more you cast it. 25 xp per cast plus diminishing returns sounds good how ever that would conflict with his hero promotion because he would keep getting the 1 xp a turn plus he has channeling 3 so thats just to much xp in my opinion, maybe do it so its only castable at 100 xp and removes the hero if he does it, that would not only solve that, but the hero promotion gives a lesser chance to defend which is great for a hero even better for a caster for a longer life span, so removing that would make it even fairer by haveing the spell give side affects, and the fact the xp is experience maybe gibbon needs a lot of training to be able to acomplish something like impersonating someone of such high authority :) so it works on the logical and the balanced level. Maybe a set number of turns that are reduced every time you reuse the spell plus like you said in 2) having bad decisions reduce it even further. And after a certain amount of times casting it, it becomes unuseable.

All in all those sound like good changes to me making it one of the most unique spells in the game. Please offer more feedback on what changes if any you would want for Gibbons impersonate leader spell.
Thanks magister for the feedback and awsome ideas.

Gift vampirism works for angels. But it doesn´t let cast it if stack doesn´t have living unit over level 6, but spell still gives vampire promotion to all angels over level 6.

Magnadine or whatever the Mounted hero's Name is doesnt have the alot of Abilitys listed in the Civopedia.Mounted Mercenarys Did not have Hidden nationalitys as stated in the Civopedia....this was kinda a Bummer.

Mercenaries have not had HN since Shadow was first released. Magnadine actually does still give the Loyalty promotion to mercenaries he hires. He lost the ability to capture living barbarians when FfH went to BtS, since the onCombatResult define was no longer exposed to python, but now that we have the <PythonPostCombatWon></PythonPostCombatWon> there isn't much of an excuse not to add it back (I'll do so in my modmod)

upgrading scouts to hunters as the winter elves doesn't give them the sinister promotion, which imho is wrong. This basically punishes the svalts for keeping a scout alive to gain exp during the expansion phase (i'm assuming this is the same for other promotions given upon being trained, but i'm not sure).

upgrading scouts to hunters as the winter elves doesn't give them the sinister promotion, which imho is wrong. This basically punishes the svalts for keeping a scout alive to gain exp during the expansion phase (i'm assuming this is the same for other promotions given upon being trained, but i'm not sure).

I agree here, and yes it happens with Horselord and Dexterous, too. Those promotions should be automatically given to units of the correct type that move onto a city that has the needed building (like weapon promotions are).

Hiphopin is right, you can declare war on any civ when you alt-click the other civ's names. Assuming how Diplomacy screen is locked during the impersonation; this probably is an oversight as it effectively destroys that civilization. Alt-click on your real civ, empty all your cities and defend the last one till the impersonation ends.

I imagine that you are supposed to be able to declare war, but you are NOT allowed to conduct Trades (thus gifting everything they own to your own civ). Easiest way to block the Trades was by blocking Diplomacy.

Since there are spells which can cause War declarations it makes sense that just flat out declaring war wouldn't be blocked unless a method to also block those was discovered.

Wouldn't be that overpowered to let the Svartalfar start with Sinister Scouts from the beginning in my opinion. An easy solution to this specific bug, But the Sinister bug isn't the only one of this type of upgrade bugs. All my Eidolons weren't Demonic, because I upgraded the from living units for example.

I don't think he was saying they should start with sinister (although I personally think that if they were added in an advanced start game in a city with the Svartalfar hunting lodge that they should), just that they should get the promotion upon uprearing. I agree. Other units upgraded in cities that grant free promotions should get them too. (Like Dexterous for units upgraded to archer types in cities with Ljosalfar Archery Ranges, Guardsman for melee units in cities with Bannor Training Yards, and Horselord for mounted units in cities with Hippus Stables)

I think it might be best to make the <bApplyFreePromotionOnMove>0</bApplyFreePromotionOnMove> only give the promotions to units on your team, and to give this to all these UBs. That would also let you benifit from the UBs of your permanent allies, but I think could be pretty cool.

Until this is changed, I'm making it so that Elven Archery class unts can purchase the Dexterous promotion, and Dark Elven Recon units can get Sinister (these elven promotions are different for graphical reasons, thus this isn't difficult), but there really isn't a way to do that for Hippus or Bannor UB promotions.

You Eidola are living? I'd heard that the undead racial promotion prevented stayed with Stygian Guards who would otherwise be Demonic, but I didn't realize they could actually be living units. I don't think any living units could upgrade to Eidola until .31 (although Undead could). I guess none of the racial promotions are replaced, so Elves, Dark Elves, and Dwarves would still be living while formerly human Eidola would be demons. How odd...

Made a screenshot of my non-demonic Svartalfar Eidolon. If I remember right I uppgraded the unit from a warrior in the biginning to a champion and then to an Eidolon. Prevented me from raising the AC by not actually building them too I think.

Attachments

• Eidolon.jpg
    Eidolon.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 143
I have recently been having loads of problems with what are called C++ runtime errors, only since I put modmods into my games. I'd post save games, but I use a modmods, and I don't want to be on Kael's naughty list. I was just wondering, would tuning down my graphics (like it says) stop these, or is there a fault in the way I've put the modmods in?

When the War Machine razes towns, I don't get any gold from the razing. Also, in previous editions, didn't you get experience from razing towns with this hero as well?

I just had my Order hero Valin Phanuel attacked by a diseased corpse, and even though Valen starts with imune to disease, he gained the diseased promotion

When the War Machine razes towns, I don't get any gold from the razing. Also, in previous editions, didn't you get experience from razing towns with this hero as well?
I assume you mean capturing cities rather than pillaging towns?

Top Bottom