New Units: Egyptians (September 10th 2004)

Well, actually I found "Sandrisian Scale" wrong, because it doesn`t correspond Firaxis` and other Paperdoll-based units, so I should know what to do next.
As your units packs are becoming a kind of standard, I would not worry with the scale relatively to Firaxis or other Paperdoll units.
Just make your units consistent with each other, and forget about Firaxis.
I doubt I still have many Firaxis units in my mod anyway :p.
So personnally, I don't mind if your units are a bit different. They are going very well with each others, that's the important point.

Bare in mind here gentlemen, that it was only a suggestion for re-scaling Kinboat's Egyptian Unit line. I wasn't making a general call to re-visit Sandris's unit packs in any shape, form or fashion. Personally, I think the scale we have arrived at for his packs are perfect;y fine and given the sheer volume of packs produced, I think it's safe to assume that their scale could be a new "norm" for future packs and re-visits of classic packs such as the Egyptian line.

The tools exist to do such things, so Im not sure I understand what the hang up is here.

If the request was ultimately too much trouble for what it's worth, then I withdraw my request. It's that simple.

I honestly hadn't noticed any difference, and even with the comparison images, I find it quite hard to tell...

And how strange life would be if everyone was the same size...

As I said, forget I asked or even suggested such a thing...Carry on...

As for me, I think it would be better to make new units at the standard of Paperdoll figure and simultaneously to re-scale my previous units.

Also, I think it`s not necessary to re-scale mounted units, because they were made separately and were not depended on infantry units` Poser options.

The bigger unit is, the better look it has, also more details could be seen on it.

Sandris, I don't think it's necessary to rescale any or all of your previous units. The difference is barely noticeable and would result in a huge amount of work. Your units are fantastic as they are, and personally I don't find the difference enough to go through my mod replacing your rescaled units with your old ones. It's not that I don't care about having everything in my mod as perfect as it can be, just that personally it seems like the cost outweighs the benefits. No matter what you decide, a great thank you for all the work you put into making your fantastic units.:)

I do not see a serious problem. I think if Sandris decides to re-make his older units it will delay new units being released however it will not be the end of the world. If he decides to not do so the small variation in size is also not the end of the world. I think however it would be best for any new units to use the same scale whatever is decided upon. Sandris is also correct that a slightly larger unit does show more detail.

Ditto that. ^

New Question: All the links are 509ing, other than scenarios are these units available for download?

Hi,

I just found an CFC email note about this thread in my mailbox. That's rare, because I haven't posted here in three years or so. Accidentally I have shrunk all of Kinboat's Egyptians some months ago. The result didn't satisfy me that much, but better than too big Egyptians (I don't like big Egyptians). Here they are. I hope it's useful for the people who want them smaller.

@Sandris
I'm not sure about the size of your foot units. Sometimes they seem to look smaller, but if I compare it with an original unit in a graphic program the pixels of foot, shoulders and head fit. So it may be a subjective effect. Whatever, I just hope you don't make them bigger now. I don't want to have to shrink them all in the future. Good god, I hate this shrinking.
For your mounted units the size is excellent. Maybe the center point could be adjusted a bit. But that can be fixed afterwards (if someone cares). The only problem that all of your horses have: the run sequence offset is 2 pixel to high (it's just guessed at the moment - I think to remember it was 2 pixel - because I had a break of unit editing since may)

@againsttheflow
This thread is very old so I guess the links died over the years. Maybe someone knows an other download resource in the web, or has still the originals and could kindly re-upload it.

--
[I hope I'm understandable ;)]

Attachments

• Egyptians.7z
    4.9 MB · Views: 245
:eek: Dear Lord, he's reappeared from the ether! It's good to hear your typeface (sorry, but I began mixing metaphors sometime after you "disappeared" :mischief: ).

I'll poke around and see if I have these units and shall repost them if I do.

:thumbsup: ,

Oz

Aluminium- Thank you VERY much! The re-scales are just perfect. :)

Hi Sandris!
I use all your germanics units in my mod since you uploaded them and have never seen a need for rescaling. They looks very good the way they are. I use a wide variety of units and really never feels yours don`t fit to the rest of them. So I would suggest to go on with your future projects.

For me the dl`s on page 1 are working so why do you re-upload them?

I know that this is the wrong thread to be discussing this in. We should probably continue this discussion in a separate non-threadjacked thread, but I just wanted to post a quick pic of size comparison between Sandris' units and Firaxis units. The pic is enlarged by 400% and even at that size, the difference is hardly worth noting (IMO). I really don't see the need for resizing of your units, Sandris.:)

Attachments

• SandrisFiraxis.jpg
    SandrisFiraxis.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 245
The links on the first page are working now and as this is the same computer and browser I was using before they must simply have been down. :)

Whatever, I just hope you don't make them bigger now. I don't want to have to shrink them all in the future. Good god, I hate this shrinking.
Best quote in a long time! :D

Top Bottom