New Units: Egyptians (September 10th 2004)

DON'T BUMP OLD THREADS. :mad:
Please. :p

I started amking the muntis for this a few days ago, but the only one I´ve finished (and uploaded) is the Archer.
The munits thread can be found here.
@Kinboat: did you receive my PM?

Good Lord! He's revived a three-year old thread!

I have a good reason! Since the release of Sandris's mighty-fine Egyptian and Arabian unit line, I wonder if anyone else has noticed that Kinboat's legendary Egyptian pack, while ultimately useful for filling in needed gaps, is decidely out of scale with the latest additions.

Therefore, I wonder if I could impose upon someone's good graces (and time and unit modification skills) and kindly re-scale this line to conform with the Sandrisian Scale (Clever eh?). In lieu of any further expansion of the Pre-Arabian Conquest Egyptian line, I can hardly see why Kinboat's/B] line could not be modified a wee bit.

If it's much of a bother then I understand but I thought I would throw it out there anyway. :mischief:

My eyes tell me there is a definite contrast here. The Egyptian Spearman appears quite massive next to his precursor.

Perhaps a scale of 90% or so for the ES? The rest of Kinboat's Egyptian line appears to conform to the same scale.

I've integrated the whole SPQR Pack from Sandris and it appeared to me that Sandris' units are a bit smaller than Firaxis ones (see Sandris units thread for screenshot)...
What do you people think ?

Agreed. The Sandris Unit Collection is fairly gracile even when compared with the stock units. Given the sheer number of new packs forthcoming from Sandris and the fact that his scale seems to be the most uniform over time, I believe he has set the new "norm" as far as scale is concerned.

I am just suggesting that Sandrisian Scale versions of these units could be useful. Settler and Worker packs (Such as Plotinus's unit collections) work well at a larger scale so that they are stand out more on the map and terrain, while military units work quite well at Sandris scale.

Then you have workers and settlers looking almost like giants compared to military units :confused: I love Sandris' units, but I think he should make his own workers and settlers, brighter and smaller than Kinboat's or Plotinus' units. Or make all his units bigger...

Well...let's split hairs here shall we? :p

I'm just trying to take the lesser of two evils when making this suggestion. Evidentally our views on this, ATM, are in the minority due to lack of responses anyway..

Ohh well..

Well, actually I found "Sandrisian Scale" wrong, because it doesn`t correspond Firaxis` and other Paperdoll-based units, so I should know what to do next.

Is it reasonable to re-scale all the majority of my units (~80 %) or not, and what scale should I choose for my next units.

In this situation it`s not possible to continue my work on any of new packs. Since now I`ve stopped my unitmaking process, because I need your opinions.

80 % of your units is over 200 units. I think you should re-scale them if it means that you have all those models saved and you just need to re-render them and do the post-rendering stuff. I imagine it took quite some effort to model and paint them all so nicely.

Also, if you would do it, I would like to invite my fellow Poser owners to help you with rendering, cos thats alot of units. Remember guys, the longer it takes him to re-scale the old ones, the longer we don`t see any new ones! I imagine there are also a few good souls out there who could help you with the post-rendering stuff.

My 2 cents.

I think you should forget about rescaling because it's a huge amount of work for a rather minor issue.

Top Bottom