Ideas for Unique Units and Buildings.

Are you not understanding what I am saying, or are you missing my posts?

We like having you helping, but you are posting in the wrong thread! The people doing the art will not see your posts if you keep posting here.

CLICK HERE! That is where to post info like this.

Thanks

That's cool bud. I just want to make sure your work doesn't go to waste. :)

Here is the Indian UB (the CSS Coal Plant), I think I'm going to hold on on doing the rest of the UB's until we figure out the final civ list. Cause since Genghis Kai came, we have had a huge overall in the civ lists (completely changing Africa and messing around with Europe).

Attachments

• buildingfiles.zip
    37.4 KB · Views: 58
The final civ list is finished (again). Sorry for throwing you of course, but Genghis needed some changes to make the map work better.

Most of the changes in Africa involve putting one of our African countries into a union; for those you can use the same UB. Europe ended up not being changed much at all, except NATO is split up. You don't have to come up with new ideas for the new civs; just do the ones we've got for now. :)

The final civ list is finished (again). Sorry for throwing you of course, but Genghis needed some changes to make the map work better.

Most of the changes in Africa involve putting one of our African countries into a union; for those you can use the same UB. Europe ended up not being changed much at all, except NATO is split up. You don't have to come up with new ideas for the new civs; just do the ones we've got for now. :)

Ok thanks dude, that should clear up some confusion, I'll get straight back to work!

Would I need to change any of the UUs? Also, can I have the new updated civ file?

I know I'm not into the project, but please correct the Brazilian UU Estadio de Futbol to Estadio de Futebol. :)

Sure thing!

Just a general comment here. A lot of the UUs towards the bottom of the list are really very samey and boring. I understand it's hard to come up with interesting ideas, but there's gotta be something better than having a dozen infantry replacements.

Sorry guys I have been busy and unable to mod. I will get back to it ASAP. Thanks.

Just a general comment here. A lot of the UUs towards the bottom of the list are really very samey and boring. I understand it's hard to come up with interesting ideas, but there's gotta be something better than having a dozen infantry replacements.

Well I think it was the idea that those countries weren't able to conjure anything up (that was more unique than a regular unit) other than a unique Militia. Because that is the most basic thing that every country can do for an army. If you want it to get the decision in more detail (above is just the broad overview on why we did it) ask DVS.

yeah, the idea was, exactly as joecoolyo described. It's because most countries can't produce tanks/aircraft etc on their own, all they can produce really is infantry.

There are exceptions; Israel for example.

I hope you're happy with this.

of course we can.

One thing we can change is something I thought we had agreed earlier in this thread.
At the moment the list has "Palestinian Infantry" as UU for Palestine. I claimed that Palestine does not have an army, however I now found out that I was mistaken. So now my suggestion is:

Force 17
replaces infantry
can enter enemy territory
invisible to enemy units
movement 1
strength 22

However, this is a official PA unit. Since we have Ismail Haniyeh as Palestinian leader we could also have this UU:

Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades (military wing of Hamas)
replaces Infantry
invisible to enemy units
can bombard city defense (-5%/turn)
movement 1
strength 20

Spoiler :
European Union (EU excluding UK)
United Kingdom (Jamaica, Belize, Bahamas, Trinidad)
Norway
Russia

Turkey
Georgia

Morocco

Ethiopia
West African States (Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Senegal, and Togo.)
Nigeria (Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone)
Central African States (Cameroon, São Tomé, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon)

East African States (Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi)

Saudi Arabia

Iran

Bangladesh

Kazakhstan
Mongolia
China
Taiwan

Canada
United States (Iraq, Afghanistan)

Colombia

Peru

Neutral States (Switzerland, Turkmenistan and Costa Rica)

Failed States (Mauritania, Guinea, Côte d'Ivoire, part of Mali, part of Niger, Central African Republic, Chad, part of DR Congo, Eritrea, Somalia, Darfur, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Uzbekistan, East Timor)

This is mostly just for my reference on what UB's still need to be XMLed, I'll keep updating this one as long as we don't keep changing the Civ list.

Top Bottom