Mad Scientists Embassy

Here's my proposal to send back to the Mad Scientists:

Obviously - we'd pack this in with some kind of letter, but first I think we should agree on what we'd want any treaty to say.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I'm up for the NAP, only real risk is that they settle into the area Stuy is in IMO, which is definately worth it. Now to find a way to get alphabet...

good by me

Yes, great job, love the artistic touch. I don't know about the rest of you but I think it makes our team look really competent. I think it is bound to makes a favorable impression on a potential ally.

Looks great Gen_W. If you can put a space between "each" and "other" that would be the only change I'd make.

can we send this? we also need a follow up email:

FYI this is where we sit: (we need to get very active with our Diplo ASAP!

Spoiler :

Krill said:
We have a problem, in that Kaz just researched CoL. Now everything, our entire tech and foreign strategies, are off the table. If we follow through with the current plan we will be too far behind to cacth up and we can get crushed by maces/knights/cuirassiers.

If we wait until t100 when we get Collosus and pyramids, Saturn and MS might be too scared of us to work with us, so we need to find them asap, to lock them into an alliance and try to catch up even a little bit before we hit our stride.
[12:26:50] >> New diplostrategy.

email Kaz and Cav, offer them sailing+masonary for writing and polytheism (and Cavs can go through our border with war or OB), before we end our turn. More aggressive play is to ask Kaz for writing and poly for sailing+masonry, and then try to ask Cav for alphabet(cost 448) for sailing+masonary and Monotheism (total cost =447) and OB (then try to just accept alphabet around t80 and we will send each tech as it arrives), although I'm not so sure if that'll work out. One way to make it safer is trying to get alpha earlier, and then buy polytheism off MS for sailing, if we can't get poly
[12:26:57] >> email MS, tell them that we have contact with Kaz (and Cav, although they should already know that), and that Cav have been trading MS' techs to Kaz, so that now both of us are far behind the other teams.

Tell MS what techs Kaz have (alpha, monarchy, IW, CoL) and what we have, lay it out to them that we are not the threat here, and want a tech alliance. Ask them what tech path they are on, and what their aims are, ask them if they have found Saturn; explain that we all need a three way tech alliance. Use the stats 1889 has produced to explain how we know, and offer our position (techs that we need) over the next 30 turns (minimum of CoL). Tell them we are trying to procure alphabet but that we aren't sure of how succesful we will be, and we are willing to do some heavy lifting to get them on board.

Draft an email for Saturn asap, asking them to join us in a tech alliance for both of our benefits, along with a quick, and friendly opening letter, so we can send it off asap when we get contact. This can
[12:26:57] >> be worked on shortly, but needs to be ready to go at a moments notice, so if memphus meets them when playing the save, he can just PM the letter to every on Saturn.

As an advanced strategy, if we can get both on board with this, suggest that we can go to currency, and one team or both can finance the fastest researcher (could be us, should be by t105) to research everything as required and all techs can be split equally.

We need to get this wheel rolling

I think this is a good plan, and can draft a letter later (but I'm just about to leave the house now)

If we can get some quick team approval on the letters to Kaz and Cav (while Memphus holds the save, :please: ) - then I can get a letter drafted here in 4-5 hours .

I think that's pretty quick, and for a team that moves the save as fast as we normally do, not too much to ask, I don't think.

Rough draft
So how’s it going with you, we are getting a little down watching everyone else trade techs while we fall further and further behind. We are thinking that it might be a good idea for us to make some arraingments now rather than wait until one of us has Alphabet as by then it may be too late.

Cav and Kaz have been trading heaviy. Both have Alphabet, Monarchy and Iron, while Kaz just got Code of Law.

We are almost done with sailing but we lack writing and aren’t sure when we’ll get Alphabet. But we think it’s a good idea to start coordinate tech plans now

I say we slow down and take our 24 hours if needed!!!

I like the rough draft.

I actually logged in before I saw all the posts.....and I did notice that we were "on the clock"!

My Proposal to the Mad Scientists:

version 1
Namaste Peter Grimes,
The Ninjas salute the brilliant Mad Scientists.

We have much to speak with you about! Events are proceeding rapidly on this world, and the ninja have sensed a loyal and trustworthy spirit in our Mad (in a good way!) Scientist friends.

The ninja wise men, by studying the intricate patterns formed by tea leaves cast upon steaming hot jade water (or at least, that’s how they explained it to me), have discovered compelling evidence that the nations of Kazakhstan and Cavaleiros are trading heavily. They both have knowledge of Alphabet, Monarchy, and Iron Working. To make matters worse, the Kazakh’s just learned Code of Laws.

Ourselves, we are nearly done with our studies of sailing, but we still lack writing and aren’t sure how soon we can get Alphabet. In the face of this building technological juggernaut – we think it’s time for us to cement our friendship in peace, and rapidly begin to build a tech alliance of our own. At the least, we should coordinate techs to not duplicate efforts and fall further and further behind the Cav-Kazak partnership of doom.

We are attaching a peace treaty for signing – based on your last letter to us – and are very eager to hear back from you on building a larger alliance on this foundation to keep us both away from the dustbin of history. We feel we should try to lock something down now, rather than waiting for Alphabet when it may be too late.

Faithfully yours,
General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA

Desperate times call
The Mighty to greatness new
Daybreak of friendship

Thoughts?

EDIT: Note that I will update the treaty signature date and put a space in between "each" and "other" before sending this off, if approved.

Should we say that Cavs traded polytheism/IW to Kaz specifically, or just hint at it?

I would say it outright!.....Let them know what is happening....they either

1) Already know, and respect our forthrightness!

2) Don't know, and respect our forthrightness!

Mad (in a good way!) scientist friends.
Capitalize "Scientist" and then add an "s" at the end too.

Really nice background for the treaty, GW. Just one nick pick. At the top of the page you have "Agreement between MAd Scientist and Sancta".
How hard would it be to change "MAd" to "Mad" and capitalize all of SANCTA?

I think we're saying there's an alliance developing in the document and trying to see whether they'd like cooperation in kind.

Top Bottom