SGOTM 09 - Murky Waters

jesusin, Erkon and I both suggest you just finish it up. Gnejs already said he's just watching. No point in dragging this out. You're familiar with what's needed.

Finish the FL workshops and let's get it over with. Keep those workers there at Bab just in case some spy ruins something.

I agree. And I also want to read the other teams' threads :mischief:

Agree wholeheartedly!

Though if I understand correctly we can do whatever we want between the turn the spaceship is launched and the turn it arrives? Those turns could be pretty fun to play.. <whistles innocently> :)

Well, we can't do any conquering, because of the domination limit.

Though if I understand correctly we can do whatever we want between the turn the spaceship is launched and the turn it arrives? Those turns could be pretty fun to play.. <whistles innocently> :)
I wouldn't know. I've actually never gone to space in BtS... :lol:

Well, we can't do any conquering, because of the domination limit.

Ha! That would be something: Gnejs triggering a Domination Victory while ship is en route to Alpha :lol:

I've lost track if anyone has skipped/swapped any turn set, so unless anyone claims the save, then Gnejs is free to play with the game once the ship is launched at his leisure (such as changing to US and buy theatre/globe in Atlantis :D)) Just do it quickly to let the team visit the other threads within 24 hours :whipped:

BTW - great play jesusin. It's one thing to plan the turn set, but to follow the plan, adjust to circumstances and improve while playing is something different :goodjob:

Nah, I'd really prefer to follow the squedule and let someone else see the glory.

Superb play, jesusin!!! :D:D:D

Nah, I'd really prefer to follow the squedule and let someone else see the glory.

Ok, since I don't trust neither me nor Gnejs to handle the complex MM in FL, I suggest that LC play until launch, then hand over to Gnejs. Is the team fine with this?

EDIT

I wouldn't know. I've actually never gone to space in BtS... :lol:

Hmm, perhaps ZPV is more suitable? :lol:

Whoever first claims the save with the promise to launch tonight gets it :lol:

I've had a couple of drinks, so I'm out.

PPP T151-T153

Plan: Launch spaceship

MM: workshop FL till the stasis is scheduled for 2t.
MM: schedule life support for 1t in Bab.

Questions: Anything else I need to know? Is there any difference between the various "types" of space parts, as shown on the spaceship diagram?

No difference between different types of parts. Perhaps you should prepare Ulundi for a last-minute build, just in case somewhere gets its production sabotaged.

Wait until you've added all the parts to the ship, and the main part of the turn has begun, before you launch. I'm not sure, but I think it's possible to leave some parts behind if you launch IBT without adding the parts. :eek:

PPP T151-T153

Plan: Launch spaceship

MM: workshop FL till the stasis is scheduled for 2t.
MM: schedule life support for 1t in Bab.

Questions: Anything else I need to know? Is there any difference between the various "types" of space parts, as shown on the spaceship diagram?

LC, just play until completion. I am not in a state fit for even making one move in the game right now. :crazyeye:

If you need some inspiration, here is a PPP for T153-TXXX for you:

1. Build Manhattan ASAP.
2. Build umpteen ICBMs
3. Nuke whoever is your favorite AI

Or another one, a tribute to jesusin:

1. Generate as much culture as possible by whatever builds/sliders/civ changes/GPs you can manage
2. Just make sure that you don't accidentally trigger a stupid cultural victory

Or yet another one:

1. Make our score graph continue to skyrocket by farming everywhere etc. In other words, try to hide the fact that we have launched a SS. Just to make things a bit more interesting when reading the other threads... :)

Perhaps you should prepare Ulundi for a last-minute build, just in case somewhere gets its production sabotaged.

Wait until you've added all the parts to the ship, and the main part of the turn has begun, before you launch. I'm not sure, but I think it's possible to leave some parts behind if you launch IBT without adding the parts. :eek:
Ulundi is on stand-by.

How could I launch IBT? Please explain in more detail, because now you've got me concerned. (LIke jesusin calling the shift key the caps key, which I understood to be caps lock... :crazyeye:)

LC, just play until completion. I am not in a state fit for even making one move in the game right now. :crazyeye:

If you need some inspiration, here is a PPP for T153-TXXX for you:

1. Build Manhattan ASAP.
2. Build umpteen ICBMs
3. Nuke whoever is your favorite AI

1. Generate as much culture as possible by whatever builds/sliders/civ changes/GPs you can manage

Or yet another one:

1. Make our score graph continue to skyrocket by farming everywhere etc. In other words, try to hide the fact that we have launched a SS. Just to make things a bit more interesting when reading the other threads... :)
I like the score graph idea. So I'll stop starving our cities too. Of course, I also like the idea of nuking some people. How many turns am I likely to have?

Ulundi is on stand-by.

How could I launch IBT? Please explain in more detail, because now you've got me concerned. (LIke jesusin calling the shift key the caps key, which I understood to be caps lock... :crazyeye:)

Here is what you should do, to do it properly:

each time a part is completed, click "add", and then click "exit".
Once you have dealt with all the city advisors, etc. Open the victory screen, and click the "view" button next to the spaceship victory section.
In that screen, it will say "Probabililty of success: 100%. Travel time: 7 turns IIRC".
Click the button that says "Launch".

This is what not to do:

Instead, the first time a part is added, the "Launch" button will appear. If you click it then, we don't launch any earlier in game time (it's not really IBT, just at the start of our turn), but I'm slightly worried that not all parts would actually be counted as on the ship.

LC, just play until completion. I am not in a state fit for even making one move in the game right now. Ha! As if that has stopped you before!

I like this as well. Focus on score graph. And upload one turn before launch to put the other teams in false security :evil:

EDIT: what about the mid-turn-set-stop? :crazyeye:

EDIT2: Does Future Techs add more to score than a couple of pop?

Well, I don't dare attempt to demonstrate any cultural skills after jesusin showed off by doing this during his turnset:

Spoiler :

:lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• jesusin cheats.JPG
    jesusin cheats.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 217
Okay, ZPV, that makes sense. Thanks for the heads-up on that. GUess I'll go ahead and do it, then, unless the peanut gallery wants to make some more crackly noise...

Top Bottom