SGOTM 09 - Murky Waters

CFR planned for a T150 finish and will finish on T149/T150. Very nice optimization. We planned for T170, then T160, then suddenly realized we could finish on T153/T154. This leads me to believe that our strategy was better, we just didn't have the prior experience to know that we could finish even earlier. Unless they could have also squeezed more turns out of their game, but I doubt it.

Nice game, MW!
A little bit overpowered finish... such science is better for Epic and Marathon speeds but result is good.
Waiting for CRC... They have a high potential, but no free players for now...

CFR planned for a T150 finish and will finish on T149/T150. Very nice optimization. We planned for T170, then T160, then suddenly realized we could finish on T153/T154.

Really we expected 155 launch for a long time and only after 1000AD we shifted our plan to 153-152-150 and only on turn 142 we finaly decided to try 149.

So we started triple GA too late (3 turns left).

Your biggest mistake was cottaging the capital. Our mistake was slow settling in the mid-game & not using paratroopers. CRC didn't make any serious mistakes.

Your biggest mistake was cottaging the capital.
Yes, in retrospect, that seems obvious to me, simply because the terrain demanded Biology for farm food. So combining that with the National Park in the capital and all the accelerated production from having a big city is quite powerful.

I'm not playing civ any longer except SGOTM (and ten minutes play testing of my own maps of course :mischief:), but I'm not going to miss this. Nukes on Emperor! What a bloodbath :D

Gnejs, this is your chance to make up for your silver-medal-missing Shaka-screw-up!
:lol:

:joke:

Could someone within reach poke LC to remind him of signing up for the next game?

If anyone of jesusin, Gnejs and FiveAces have decided to persue non-SGOTM careers, please inform me so that I can find a replacement. If you are in doubt, please join and contribute as much as you want.

I think I'll pass on this one. But don't start making silly things now, remember I'll be watching your progress! Good luck.

Welcome DMOC!

Should be fun. Ignore any posts from jesusin, between mouthfuls of food and women, he just talks nonsense... ;)

Top Bottom