Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

It's pointless complaining about bugs when you've added other mods to default ROM . Don't stress Zappa out with such nonesense.

Only partially correct. None of the addons or modmods even mess with the Dynamic Names though, so that could be a legit bug.

Zappara the music seems messed up for the leaders when I get to the trashuman era.

I just noticed that too, except for all the other eras too. The only civs that don't seem to be affected are some custom ones I made.

New gamefonts :)

I added my guilds and corporations (changed my old ones and added new ones). I also found the Grid error in Aarandas corporations. It is fixed now. I also double cleared the alpha channel grid just to make sure everything is ok.

Grid error post

The rar has both the gamefont and the gamefont75 tga's

I was getting something similar but then I cleaned up my computer, defraged my hard drive and now I am back to getting the problem only in the late game "transhuman" era where I know my PC is struggling because of all the units and graphics etc. I did it for other reasons but it may jsut work for you also.

Thanks, Dancing Hoskuld. It is very frustrating to keep crashing like this. But, I will eventually try your advice of defragging the hard drive. I'm still curious to know exactly how much space of a hard drive is desirable for running Civ4 with Rise of Mankind.

Thanks, Dancing Hoskuld. It is very frustrating to keep crashing like this. But, I will eventually try your advice of defragging the hard drive. I'm still curious to know exactly how much space of a hard drive is desirable for running Civ4 with Rise of Mankind.

I don't think it's file size - I get that problem every so often playing 2.53 when I load a single player file I can crash to desktop. The file I'm loading is less than 1 gig, it's not late in the game. However, I do have a file open already (loading while playing a game), I wonder if that overloads memory? I haven't had a problem loading the files from the menu.

sorry if this is covered in other part but im new so here it is:

i read thatmultiplayer is not support? is that true?

or there is a fix or mod to make playable multiplayer?

what i need to play multiplayer with this mod.

thx for the answers...!

PD: i really want to play this multiplayer beacouse i played most of the time this game in multiplayer with friends..

MP works most of the time when playing without Revolutions and changing a value in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml.

This value determines if Colonists and Pioneers are actually using their ability to create cities with pre-fabricated buildings and more population. In MP this usually leads to an Out of Sync Error when founding cities with them.

GlobalDefinesAlt.xml can be found in the RoM directory in the assets/xml folder. Scroll down to the last option and change the "0" to a "1".
Perhaps RoM 2.71 may not require this function anymore.

@Zappara, I have been converting the holy shrines back to world wonders so I can tell which ones a GP can (build just for myself). However I can't do it for the Statue of Zeus because it is in the main BuildingClassInfos XML file unlike all the other shrines. It being there with those settings is the same as it not being there :)

Definitely not a bug just an inconvenience for me so I understand if this is ignored.

HOLY crap is the Revolutions brutal! 3 games so far on Noble and I have been crushed each time by revolutions within, one after having founded only 3 cities. I've just added that bugfix posted by Strat_84, so we'll see how that goes. Otherwise, all looks OK, apart from that the Health indicator appearing to show a city is unhappy. And now, if the revolutions let me, to start again and try to get beyond the first 200 turns...

Okay, just providing feedback for Zap on a few minor balance issues and a few suggestions.

Scientific leader trait still seems very overpowered, mainly due to the +15% recearch. This particular trait scales a lot more powerfully than most other leader traits. Maybe make it fixed research points per city, much like Creative does for culture and Deceiver does for espionage?

Agricultural trait seems to be just about right. Powerful when focused on, useful when used sparingly, but it doesn't seem to be overpowered. I haven't tried running a GP farm yet with an Agricultural leader, that may change my opinion slightly.

Coastal Assault and Coastal Guard promotions both seem underpowered, particularly at first level of each. Perhaps give another 5% to both level one promotions?

Finally, one suggestion for a late game (transhuman or future era) promotion line. Given all the high tech and robotic units available, a natural area of military study would be the disruption and subversion of enemy information systems and technology. I think a promotion line that gives bonuses against robot, hi-tech, and nanite units would be very reasonable, and would help bring a bit of variety back to the late game combat. Perhaps calling it something like Digital Warfare or Cyber Knight, and made into a standard three level anti-unit tree much like Shock, Pinch, etc.

Yes. For example, St.Petersburg had to clear the swamps first before it was built on it. You can start to remove the peat bogs by getting a tech (I guess it was Crop Rotation?)

HOLY crap is the Revolutions brutal! 3 games so far on Noble and I have been crushed each time by revolutions within, one after having founded only 3 cities. I've just added that bugfix posted by Strat_84, so we'll see how that goes. Otherwise, all looks OK, apart from that the Health indicator appearing to show a city is unhappy. And now, if the revolutions let me, to start again and try to get beyond the first 200 turns...
I've located the "bug" (actually it was working perfectly fine, the problem was RoM's new route system) and fixed it for v2.71. Fonts are also fixed for v2.71.

Coastal Assault and Coastal Guard promotions both seem underpowered, particularly at first level of each. Perhaps give another 5% to both level one promotions?

Finally, one suggestion for a late game (transhuman or future era) promotion line. Given all the high tech and robotic units available, a natural area of military study would be the disruption and subversion of enemy information systems and technology. I think a promotion line that gives bonuses against robot, hi-tech, and nanite units would be very reasonable, and would help bring a bit of variety back to the late game combat. Perhaps calling it something like Digital Warfare or Cyber Knight, and made into a standard three level anti-unit tree much like Shock, Pinch, etc.
Hsss.. don't reveal my plans! ;):lol: But yes, there will be small overhaul of future era promotion system...

I can build cities on coastal Marsh, but is it intended that you CAN'T build them on Marsh which has a Peat Bog on top?
Check pedia for Marsh. You can build cities on them if they are coastal or have fresh water source near.

I love RoM mods, but i have problem with my units not taking advantage of the roads i built in game. Seems none of the units does and dont matter what kind of road i built. I used world builder to test the problems, sees belong to this 2.7 RoM build. That is with clean install with no other mods on. But regular 3.19 BtS works fine with unit using the road.

belae

Seems that units love defensive routes over roads. I have observed this also. You have to manually guide the unit along a road. Otherwise that axeman (etc ) will stick to the forests and hills instead of the road.

JosEPh

Not just that, but also even when i do guide them on the road, they still not taking the road movement bonus at all.. so my warrior can only move 1 movement even though he is on the road, etc.

belae

Check pedia for Marsh. You can build cities on them if they are coastal or have fresh water source near.

I did, and that entry makes it clear what the conditions are for founding on a Marsh. It doesn't say anything about Peat Bogs however, and the particular two city sites I wanted to found were located on a river and the coast respectively, and definitely have access to fresh water. Thus, I wondered whether it was by design or not that you can't build on Peat Bogs under any circumstances, without waiting for the tech to clear them first.

Is DRJ right?

Top Bottom