Vincentz Mods [Modular] 2.7

LOL

I can't believe it took you just TWO minutes to read my post, find a suitable picture and post it. Omnipresent indeed!

Excellent news re adding the mod.

The obsolete corporations mod is from The_J in his Simple Python Things thread in modcomps.

Eh, It's done in python, and I hate python. It's much more "unwieldy" than using the SDK IMO. I could probably whip up a new XML tag for obsolescence.

Just a question, why do we need corporations to go obsolete?

Yea, sorry. Vintcentz mentioned once that he thought that perhaps the Guilds should go obsolete but did not know how. When I saw this mod I thought of him.

IMHO Python is just as unwieldy as C but more modular (sort of) and both can be written in the most inefficient way.

IMHO Python is just as unwieldy as C but more modular (sort of) and both can be written in the most inefficient way.

Sure, but python has a couple strikes against it...

1.) Python is slower than C
2.) The game engine is in C, Python can't add new XML, or read from it...
3.) I hate Python. ;)

1. is false, if you are referring to computer run speed. The only time it is slower is when people code it badly.

2. Python can read interact with XML the builders of Civ just did not allow it to in Civ!

3. should be I hate C :).

1. is false, if you are referring to computer run speed. The only time it is slower is when people code it badly.
True, I suppose I should be comparing code that is written as well as possible. Anyone can write code badly...

Empirically speaking though, C++ runs faster than python.
2. Python can read interact with XML the builders of Civ just did not allow it to in Civ!

I know. The J tried to get it to read some XML, I don't remember if he was successful or not.
3. should be I hate C :).

Maybe I'm just very strange, but C++/Java makes much more sense to me than python...

Wasn't quite sure which thread to post this in so i'll post it here as this was the original modmod that brought in the issue.
Has the issue of Warlords being born instead of Great Generals been resolved yet?
No, it has not.:(

when are we gonna see the corporations mod for 2.8?

when are we gonna see the corporations mod for 2.8?

When Afforess figure out how to incorporate smoothly Vincentz' modmods to Afforess' AND :).

You can use the corporation part from 2.71 (Vincentz mod)
Just make sure you delete some of the other folders, as they are either already in 2.8 (warlords, spies, junglecamp and industry) or are non compatible (guilds and sea harvest). The rest of the mods works fine.

But guilds is the one I'm wanting to be updated :)

The problem with the guilds is with the icon swapping (gamefont.tga) and since my computer did an auto update my (not so legal) photoshop ceased to function. So until I do a reinstall, I cant look at the gamefonts :(

Well, Good luck with that, I await the update. I don't know how involved the work is, and how attached you are to photoshop, but have you heard of the gimp? it doesn't have quite the same interface as photoshop, but I find it meets my limited image editing needs.

A minor breakthrough with the GG bastard birth!!!!!!!

I cloned the vanilla GG into the warlords info files, and during testing where 109 GG was born only 1 was a Warlord Chief S.

I also removed the abillity to build Warlord S as they could be exploited to easely and the AI didnt want to build them.

(testing consisted of AI play overloading a medium continents map with 20 civs and lowering the threshold of GG to 1/10, which resulted in one of the AI's having 15 !!! military instructers in his capital ;))

However..... the placement of the mod is placed at the old location in Vincentz folder so the Warlords that came with 2.8 should be deleted and old savegames are not compatible....

A minor breakthrough with the GG bastard birth!!!!!!!

I cloned the vanilla GG into the warlords info files, and during testing where 109 GG was born only 1 was a Warlord Chief S.

I also removed the abillity to build Warlord S as they could be exploited to easely and the AI didnt want to build them.

(testing consisted of AI play overloading a medium continents map with 20 civs and lowering the threshold of GG to 1/10, which resulted in one of the AI's having 15 !!! military instructers in his capital ;))

However..... the placement of the mod is placed at the old location in Vincentz folder so the Warlords that came with 2.8 should be deleted and old savegames are not compatible....

Thanks, will test it the next opportunity I get to play :D!

Top Bottom