Orbis 1.0 Bug Thread

As said, the game only crashes once the combat animation with him starts.
Quick combat works without a hitch and he respawns normally as well.

I play Sidar but the savegame gets broken in some turn. I attached the last good and first broken one. Next turn you can't reload anymore.
Thanks for this great Modmod!!!
Arbor

Ok, I was wrong! The savegame gets broken if I put my scrout on the watch tower! Save than and you can't reload. If the scout leaves the tower, saving works again properly.
Greetings

I don't see the attachment.
Hello.
Neither do I...

I have checked all the posted saves. Most were fine for me, but the horseman movement thing CtD for me too. No idea what is causing it ATM though.

It is a high time I post patch b. Sorry for the delay, some RL things, plus I really had to finish Dragon AGe - Awakening first ;)

Truth be told, I am quite tired with modding after preparing version 1.0, so I only work on Orbis from time to time. But that is just recovery time, nothing more ;)

Ok, the patch is here - I have fixed quite a few bugs, so I hope you will enjoy it :) But please be aware that it breaks save games.

I got error message when unit disappeared in lair. No crash, everything worked as is should - at least it looks so, just a message.
EDIT: Using 1.0b

Attachments

• python exception.JPG
    python exception.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 256
It is a high time I post patch b. Sorry for the delay, some RL things, plus I really had to finish Dragon AGe - Awakening first ;)
And is it about as good as the original game?

it was kinda short in comparison, and i didn't find it very challeging, some nice additions to some of the classes. Overall a nice expansion :)

And is it about as good as the original game?

It was good ? Must have played different game ;> For me, it was Drakensang-level, not Mask of the Betrayer-level :)

And btw ;), Elemental Unity does not work. It returns python exception and doesn't heal. Game doesn't crash, fortunately :)

Attachments

• Elemental Unity python exception.JPG
    Elemental Unity python exception.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 213
It was good ? Must have played different game ;> For me, it was Drakensang-level, not Mask of the Betrayer-level :)
Well, nothing except Planescape: Torment is of MotB level (but Storm of Zehir is of quite the oposite quality). But I still liked DA: Origins. Definetly better than Drakensang, both in story (companions interactions, good dialogs, original setting) and mechanics department (Drakensang mechanics is simply stange and overly complicated, even for a PnP adaptation). But I gree, it is just another heroic fantasy. Baldur's Gate Quality I think.

DA: Awakening is quite short, and most things are in light version, be it interactions, dialogues, story or even locations (did anyone feel that Amaranthine is really small for a "bustling port town and a trade hub"?). In short, it is definetly worse than Orgins, but ok. I agree it is too easy - I have been playing on nightmare and I think only boss fights in Blackmarsh were hard. But my arcane warrior/keeper/battlemage was a really hard nut to crack, literally.

And btw ;), Elemental Unity does not work. It returns python exception and doesn't heal. Game doesn't crash, fortunately :)
A quickfix for you then :)

Attachments

• ElementalUnity.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 4,576
Well, nothing except Planescape: Torment is of MotB level (but Storm of Zehir is of quite the oposite quality).

I actually never could make myself finish MotB. Perhaps I should re-install that game on my new computer and finally play it through from start to finish? A lot of interesting mods available now as well. Who knows? Perhaps the mods will turn Dragon Age into a gem as well, given a few years or so...

I sort of figured you would like Planescape: Torment. I actually feel sorry for playing that game. Put the bar up way too high; all other CRPGs I've played since then have seemed like pale imitations at best. And it managed to pull that off in spite of the crazy setting. Or perhaps because of it? Only game I ever played that I felt had some actual emotion in it.

Thanks for the patch Ahwaric. Just tried it out and besides the already mentioned Elemental Unity bug I've not encountered anything new. Do Scorpions have lairs BTW? I saw one guarding a Bear Lair but that was probably just the AI kidding around as usual.

Well I'm quite hooked on DA (base mage) scenario and graphic universe (even if I spend 10*time on Orbis :) ), but the game system is a bit too simplistic for my taste, every classes evolutions look very symetric, a bit too MMO like, kind off, you know... I regret good ol' Icewind Dale system. (and big teams) But I'm an old whatnot ! Don't listen to oldies propaganda ! (Potatoes tasted better 'before')

Thanks for the quickfix, it was getting dull clicking on the add every x turns.

I am getting dumped by windows, is there something I can do about that or should I unistall and reinstall?

Okay I'm a bit confused how that FfHmedia pack is supposed to work since when you do it, it unloads into your base FfH folder. Since Orbis is supposed to be a stand alone now, I don't see how that helps. So do you unpack it and then manually move it? In what order? Or won't it matter as their won't be any files overwritten?

I still don't like that the opening music has changed to a random set. =(

I am getting dumped by windows, is there something I can do about that or should I unistall and reinstall?

Could you provide more details ? When does the game crash - during game, when you start it or when ? Do you get any message from either Civilization or Windows ?

Main menu music ? Did it ? I always have same one there - Intro Barbarian.

Okay I'm a bit confused how that FfHmedia pack is supposed to work since when you do it, it unloads into your base FfH folder. Since Orbis is supposed to be a stand alone now, I don't see how that helps. So do you unpack it and then manually move it? In what order? Or won't it matter as their won't be any files overwritten?

Regarding the movies. All you have to do is to move the Fall from Heaven 2/Assets/Art/Movies folder into the Orbis/Assets/Art folder. Overwrite everything, since Orbis ships with the small "placeholder" bik files.

Random opening music? How did you manage that?

Oh, sorry! Here comes the attachment! See post above.

One thing, playing Dao, isn't it a little bit too heavy that your Heremits can't cast the spells of your spheres? I started with quite some desert but to use spring I would have to wait for my Archmage! Wouldn't it be cooler at least to give them level one spells?
Apart of this, the Dao are really strong, made for fighting the whole world with their elements.

Thanks a lot for patch b! A.

Attachments

• savegames.rar
    551.3 KB · Views: 174
Top Bottom