Graphics Modification Requests Thread

i'm looking to make a small mod that'll allow an easier transport of land units over water: ferry routes that work just like roads on the water. the mod is already there just the graphics are missing.

so my request is if anyone could re-texture the railroad files for me with a thin dashed blue line and add a scaled down trireme (galleon, transport ship) into the middle of it to represent the ferry type.

Hi everyone;
I have a request for a new Building graphic:
I'd need a sort of "Forge for artists", in which great Renaissance artists like Leonardo learned sculpture and painting. I thought about something like a standard Forge with some paintings and statues on its front. The Estetics tech icon and the Monument building (scaled down) could be fine. A model of Leonardo's flying machine could be funny too.. (The flying machine is a downloadable unit; I'll provide it if someone ask it to make this building).

Thank you in advance! :D

Can anyone make an "Abandoned Wagon" feature?
I can't find pictures but maybe a wagon from a wagon train with a torn Cover?

Do you know this tutorial? Might be helpful ;).

Hi The J,

I don't think this is my problem; I think it is with the way I am making the buttons. What I am doing is starting a new game with the civ in question, taking a screenshot, opening the screenshot in Photoshop and increase the size by 25% (to get the flag image to fit in the 64 x 64 box), then cutting a 64 x 64 box of the flag and pasting it into the buttonmaker utility I have. My problem is that my button just looks sort of blurry compared to the other civ buttons I am using. I think it might have something to do with my method. Could anyone advise me on how they go about creating a button for a civ? I've made buttons before and have the DDS plugin set to the right settings.

Cheers,
ripple01

Hi The J,

I don't think this is my problem; I think it is with the way I am making the buttons. What I am doing is starting a new game with the civ in question, taking a screenshot, opening the screenshot in Photoshop and increase the size by 25% (to get the flag image to fit in the 64 x 64 box)

The increase in size is what it makes blurry.
All what is not an increase by 100% will mess up the data in the pixels, because then 1 pixel is an equivalent to 1,25 pixels and the colors between the 2 involved are interpolated, so that no clear borders will appear.

But the real question is: Why do you use this method if you already have the flag_decals?
Open them, export the alpha channel, color this image and use it instead.

The increase in size is what it makes blurry.
All what is not an increase by 100% will mess up the data in the pixels, because then 1 pixel is an equivalent to 1,25 pixels and the colors between the 2 involved are interpolated, so that no clear borders will appear.

But the real question is: Why do you use this method if you already have the flag_decals?
Open them, export the alpha channel, color this image and use it instead.

Because I am an absolute newb when it comes to anything graphic related. :)

I'll try and see if I can figure out the method you describe above. Can I PM you if I have any questions??

Cheers,
ripple01

Sure, but opening a thread would make more sense, because then all other people, who have also problems with this, can see, how it is done ;).

:think: after my current lab course is over, i'll maybe write a short tutorial for very basic and simple buttons.

I have a request: Would anyone be willing to make a better Kelp feature? The existing one was made out of a resource, rather than a feature like Forest; As a result, the feature doesn't merge in the same way that forest does.

My mod, with the help of a new version of the ErebusContinent mapscript by Seven05, is now placing 'forests' of Kelp in the ocean, in shallow waters; Would be awesome if we could get better art for it. ;)

:bump:

Anyone willing or able to make a new Kelp feature out of Forest or Jungle?

Attached.
Like said, the most simple buttons and flags wich can be done.
I do them in the same way for my mod, i can't do anything better.

To learn to do that is not really difficult.
If you're creating a mod, you should think about learning it ;).

Attachments

• croatia.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 60
I'd like to request an improvement on my végvár modell (files attached). I'm actually satisfied with the shape, but it has too much vertices. The reason for why I don't improve on it by myself, is that I don't have sufficient time and that I don't know how to do it without loosing 'the special look'. The main mesh has 1144 triangles (which according to a tutorial written by refar would be borderline), but 3432 triangle points. The texture space isn't used well and the shadow isn't perfect either, so feel free to improve on them, too. The well could be removed, but on the other side might help to give the building a more unique look as this is meant to become a UB.

There are two textures. The brighter one was my original texture, the other one was made by avain. I thought I attach both of them, just to have the package complete.

Feel free to answer on this request via pm or in my Magyar mods thread.

EDIT: DON'T MIND, JOB HAS BEEN TAKEN BY HROCHLAND!

Very nice building cool, I DLed and I think I might edit the rooftops a bit (the texture anyway), if it looks better I could send you the texture.

Top Bottom