The Ultimate Map Thread

Agent 89 said:
If you could post those maps, or at least a link to somewhere with more accurate ones in the area, that would be great.

No, I can't.

Wrong thread- so sorry

Also, looking at your Americas, they're pretty... ech. I can probably make up a better map, but basically the problem is that you give full credence to European claims in North America; the Spanish especially controlled practically none of the territory they claimed north of the Rio Grande.

Yes.

Do you have a description or map of a more accurate border?

There really wasn't a border in the modern sense between the Kazakh hordes and the Russian controlled regions, just a streadily waning Russian influence as you went south.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Жуз.svg

These are the regions the hordes occupied by the twenty century, certainly a more accurate guide than the modern border (which Stalin pretty much made up off the top of his head).

Does anyone have or know of a map of the world in 1936-1937 1938 would work to. before Germany and annexed Austria. Thanks

Here's one for 1923, which shouldn't be that different from 1937. Poland needs fixing, but other than that I believe it's fine.

Spoiler Map :

Thanks Can anyone fix Poland? Because I absolutley suck at creating historical borders...
Also Machukuo isn't in there. But I can probably try to create it.. ha

Does anyone have any maps of the world c. 1600 CE? Preferably with the HRE split up into the major states.

Actually, yes. I'll find it.

EDIT: No, actually, it's rubbish. I'll neaten it up first.

Right. I've realised what an irreparable mess the map I was talking about is. I've therefore decided that I'll put up a PoD map (1700) that I've made, earlier than I intended to. Still, it might be useful for civver too because it's got most of the German states.

This is taken from someone's timeline from one of the old Alternate History Threads. I hope they don't mind. Guess the PoD.

EDIT: France should also have a few castles in Northern Italy, like Monferrat and Pinerolo, and Sardinia should belong to Spain

Attachments

• Guess the PoD map.png
    Guess the PoD map.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 265
Does anyone have a blank RISK map?

I don't know if this helps much. I suppose you could always edit out the text:

Close, the .jpg mess makes it impossible to edit tho.. im sure if I google it i'll find a suitable one.. im just being lazy...

You could select by colour all the black bits and cut and paste them into a PNG file?

i've only got MSpaint...

I monochromed it. You can do this in paint by saving the file as a monochrome bitmap and then as a png.

Attachments

• risk map.png
    risk map.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 109
Right. I've realised what an irreparable mess the map I was talking about is. I've therefore decided that I'll put up a PoD map (1700) that I've made, earlier than I intended to. Still, it might be useful for civver too because it's got most of the German states.

This is taken from someone's timeline from one of the old Alternate History Threads. I hope they don't mind. Guess the PoD.

EDIT: France should also have a few castles in Northern Italy, like Monferrat and Pinerolo, and Sardinia should belong to Spain
How irreparable? If it looks somewhat correct I'll fix it up myself, I just need a general outline of what the whole world looked like.

Your map is pretty good, especially props for doing the HRE. Anything you can find about the Americas and Asia?

It's only Europe (1618), I made it when I was about twelve, and it's highly pixellated for some reason.

I've got this also.

Attachments

• empires.png
    empires.png
    384.7 KB · Views: 161
Top Bottom