The Ultimate Map Thread

How close are the borders on the 1980s map on the first page to what the borders would be in 1948 or 1954?

how would i download this

Sunny Nations Redux? :p

Also: I'm not too certain about that, Heraclius, but I might be able to help out regarding eastern Europe/what was then left of the British Empire

Also: I'm not too certain about that, Heraclius, but I might be able to help out regarding eastern Europe/what was then left of the British Empire

Thanks, those are the areas I am the least sure about. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks, those are the areas I am the least sure about. Any help would be really appreciated.

I might be able to whip up a rudimentary world map 1949 for you. Any alternate happenings I should know about that might effect the shape of the world?

I might be able to whip up a rudimentary world map 1949 for you. Any alternate happenings I should know about that might effect the shape of the world?

Nope. Everything before the NES's start is exactly the same as in RL.

Greenland, Canada, France-joseph and norway, denmark, poland, japan, china and all other red countries are lead by same ruler? - I hate red if you cannot see difference with single glance.

This is nice:

Greenland, Canada, France-joseph and norway, denmark, poland, japan, china and all other red countries are lead by same ruler? - I hate red if you cannot see difference with single glance.

This is nice:

This would make a very cool modern NES.

Except if I recall correctly it was supposed to technically be in the future (well, a very alternate future in the first place, ofcourse). That guy's other stuff is interesting too, though some of his ideas are clearly more cool than plausible (also, if one of his latest is any indication he seems to confuse the Russian Orthodox Church with the Imperium of Man, and that's just more silly than anything else).

So Rome resurrects itself thanks to some sort of Papal pseudo-nationalist/religious movement and then moves on to crush the majority of Europe? (Does the British crown also lay claim to Normandy per the bloodline of William the Conqueror, and the United States get usurped by some sort of Native American revolution?)

I think this timeline would make a lot more sense if the Fall of Rome had never happened than it would if some sort of massive PoD event occurred within the recent past.

No, this is a no Fall of Rome scenario. It's just that it's currently in 24th century AD. That's what I meant by alternate future.

EDIT: Here.

I see what you mean about the scenario being not-so plausible. :lol:

Yeah, it's kind of like that. It's difficult to find any one thing to criticise about it, plausibility-wise.

So? It could still be a fun setting. Kinda like imogen's nes

The map should at least be redone in an actual map format, were it to become an NES.

indeed, easily done.

Top Bottom