ImmacuNES III: Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy

Before you disappear into the sunset, Darksaber, any plans on how to proceed with the war?

Well, I know my forces couldn't get back to my Capital to repair, so I think we should risk it, and push the offensive. However, we should maksure that our troops gather supplies before leaving the forest tile.

There is no need for this - I'm back. Was in hospital for a while (without internet connection, hospitals are a nightmare), but I'm OK now. I'll diplo back later today...

Thank you Immac, for keeping me around!

I sort of thought thats where you were but i didn't want to say anything publicly without you first saying something. I'm very sorry for you that you continue to suffer for what is effectively a doctor's stupidity.

Regardless, i am very glad to have you back amongst us. Please feel free to diplo with the Scions of Twilight.

To: the Scions of Twiligh

To the Tabba Ghut:
Greetings, fellow Trollkyn. We are pleased to see more of our great race survive the scourge. We look forward to mutually beneficial trade between our lands.

We have heard of your encounter with the great Icewyrm, and of your bravery in battle. While we are saddened by the loss of kyn life and are fiercely proud of your warriors who fell in honorable battle, we cannot help but think this is punishment for turning away from our creator Mul'kyrn, the Icefather. We urge you to reclaim your devotion to the Winter King.

We bring greetings to our far lost brothers and sisters - greetings from Tabba Ghut Clan.

We are proud to see, that our kin has proven strong. We've survived harsh times this world has thrown against us. All battles we have won together relaying on our own brothers, our own might. And now we are sad to see that others of our kin are still WEAK.

We face wyrms, we face mountain gnolls, we face terrible beasts every day. As we are STRONG - we defeat our old masters, our old gods. Now we respect only Aeron. Aeron is worth respecting. Aeron teaches us STRENGTH, he teaches us COURAGE, He teaches us BRAVERY. We need no other "god".

Besides, the very disturbing fact of you asking us to Respect creatures or its kin, that attacked us ... that asked us to sacrifice our children. That ask us to obey them. That ask us to be SLAVES. That said they are STRONGER than we are. You ask us to defeat our beliefs, you ask us to show weakness - you ask us to be afraid of some "god".

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE to us. We DEFEAT those who claim we are weak, who make claims on us or against us. We defeat those who say that we will be defeated. We will survive, no matter what it takes. WE ARE STRONG and will not submit to anyone.

Aeron has never asked us to "submit" to him. Aeron thought us, his views ... his life is good. And so is ours. What does one death mean if thousands of others survive to revenge? What does cowardly death give us? Why should one abandon his clan out of fear ?

And so... we ask you to be strong. We ask you to deny those false "gods" who cannot defend you from threats. Those "pitiful gods" - they ask you to be slaves and they are not even capable to defend you. These "gods" say, obey us or we will show our strength, but Aeron says show your strength and I'll help you.

We ask you to be strong and resist the tyrants who attempt to enslave you.
Signed,
Mogag the Ironwill

Further trade negotiations are possible

Can ascociated ruralities be converted into non-ascociated ruralities?

So for example if I had plenty of mines, but I wanted a plantation, but I was at my maximum limit for ascociated ruralities, could I change a mine to being non-ascociated and build an ascociated plantation?

And what would happen to the population of the rurality that was no longer ascociated? I assume it would decrease back to one?

Can associated ruralities be converted into non-associated ruralities?

So for example if I had plenty of mines, but I wanted a plantation, but I was at my maximum limit for associated ruralities, could I change a mine to being non-associated and build an associated plantation?

And what would happen to the population of the rurality that was no longer associated? I assume it would decrease back to one?

Yes.

This is correct.

You could also build an elder council or city hall and increase your governance or increase your population and make them all 'associated'.

Awaking:

Spoiler :
Thezsia moved around their new church, dusting. There wasn’t actually any dust, she just needed something to do with her time. The Airdriash'Mechzius had been a secret for so long; she felt strange wearing her vestments in public. She also had no ideas how the populace would react to them-most new nothing about them, while others thought they were as dangerous cult.

Thezsia sighed. Ah well. So Shesi commands, so we do.

The “Church” was actually a large, reinforced tent was quite unlike their Churches normal meeting hall, but it was ill-suited to letting the public in, and it was hard to move either a massive stone room or the statue, which weighed hundreds of pounds. So, they made due. They would build a proper temple when they could, and use tent for the basic sermons until then.

“Thezi, quit it! You’re gonna dust the paint right of the benches like that!” Hrelain said with a laugh, entering the main room of the tent. He walked over to Thezsia, and put a hand on her shoulder. “I know you’re nervous, but dusting the building to the foundations won’t help your nerves. At least, it shouldn’t.” He added as he wondered over to the lecture, and straightened the Book on it.

Thezsia grimaced. “Hrh, how many people outside?”

Hrelain put his head to the side, and thought. “About 40, including 3 of the Patrian Emmys. Guess there checking out our religion, huh?”

Ignoring his last statement, Thezsia felt a jolt of surprise. 40 people? Hhesva had placed the notices in only a few place, and hadn’t been vary clear what he was talking about. 40? And the some of the Patrians? “40? Your sure? Hhesva was rather vague about...well, everything!”

“I guess The People are good with vague. Or they know Hhesva. Actually, no, they don’t know him, or they wouldn’t have come. If Shesi hadn’t of confirmed it, I wouldn’t of trusted him.

Thezsia could agree with that. Hhesva was their “special” since the known conman, thief, seller-of-unclear-things and blatant liar was reliable. He always worked for the most money, and never betrayed that value. Plus, no one trusted him, even if he got drunk and said sensitive things to the wrong people.

“Oh you two,” “Priest” Khela said entering. “Mhezsa and Khethma are about to let the crowd in, so to your places!”

This is it, thought Theszia, time to go to work.

“The Dragon is Strong, the Dragon will Lead the Way”

Spoiler :

000=Initiate Start-up Sequence=000
000=ERROR=000
000=Critical Hardware=non-Responsive=000
000=Aborting Start-up=000

Ode to Pilsetan Courage:

The Pilsetans thought to sack the Sjykalfar Glade -
Anabella fought and it is now said;
The only one to fear a Pilsetans blade,
Is his friend when he turns on him when dead!

Spoiler :
"Let me just say something. There's no heroic bastard that saved his country by dying. You save your country by making the other poor dumb bastards die for your country."
-Silvanus in his journals.

Isidor was watching the night sky again. So many stars…, Isidor wondered. He learned to appreciate the night sky during the time he spent within the kaer. If there was one thing that had not changed because of the scourge it was the night sky. Everything else changed. Perhaps the one who changed the most was myself, Isidor chuckled to himself.

Outside he could hear the mob. It was just like old times when he rallied the others to overthrow the preexisting government within the kaer. He was not the one rallying the crowd today though.

“Sir! The masses demand your presence,” the secretary yelled as he crashed through the door. “It’s about the accusations against the Chosen…”

Isidor stood silently and continued to watch the night sky.

“Sir…what shall we do?” the secretary asked.

Isidor sighed. “So it’s over then.”

“Sir?”

Isidor took out a dagger and raised it into the air.

“…!” The secretary gasped and rushed towards Isidor but not before the blade plunged into Isidor’s body.

Isidor drew the blade out of his chest and the secretary wrested it out of Isidor’s hands. “Sir, are you al…”

Isidor grimaced. “Traitor! Traitor among us!”

…….

The guard has never ran so fast in his entire life. He had to tell the others. He had to.

Assassins.

When he first signed up for this job, he thought it an honor. He was guarding Isidor! One who led a revolution against the tyrannical rulers of the past.

Then the incident with the Chosen happened. He was immediately disillusioned, to say the least. One of his friends who were visiting his parents in the mines was killed in that same incident. Maybe it wasn’t really the Chosen who killed the miners…or maybe Lord Isidor didn’t really know about it! That thought was the only thing that kept him in the job. Many others had quit.

Assassins.

Yes, then the assassin came to murder Isidor. What did the assassin seek?

He didn’t really know what to think anymore.

The guard finally burst through the door. The mob gathered outside grew silent with his arrival.

“Assassins!” The guard croaked. “Assassins! Run home and lock the doors, lord Isidor have been wounded! We are under attack!”

……….

The doctors all told Isidor that he was lucky to be alive. Had the blade gone a few inches to the left it would have punctures his heart.

Isidor smiled as he listened to the messenger boy. The assassin was immediately executed. The mob, upon hearing of the event, cried out in shock and disbelief before dispersing. The talk of the town was now about what tried to assassinate Isidor instead of the incident in the northwestern mines. Opinions were once again horribly divided, and the theories ranged from rogue Chosens to cultists of Ceridwen, if they even existed at all.

Isidor smiled as he leant back on his bed. It was good to know that some things were going according to plan.

……………

“What did you do to me?!” the prisoner screamed. “What is this?!”

“Now, now don’t scream,” Isidor waved his fingers. “It will only waste energy and we need you to be strong as possible.

“WHAT DID YOU DO?!!”

“Why, only the greatest thing that ever happened to you! Congratulations, you will now never age!”

“Wha…”

“Well, admittedly it was a pretty difficult thing to do.” Isidor kicked aside the dried husk of a human by his foot. “But I managed.”

“What are you…”

“Why, Hans, don’t you feel like you could just put on a wing and fly? Perhaps put on a fang or two and chomp on some miners?”

“What are you…”

“You said the same thing five seconds ago!” Isidor snapped. “I mean, come on now, Hans, treason? And then you framed it on the Chosen? Seriously though. It was pretty clever.”

“..T…treason?” the prisoner stammered.

“Oh yes. Don’t deny it now.”

“B-but I thought I was charged with…”

“Pick pocketing, right.” Isidor brushed aside his hair. “Well, even we make mistakes sometimes. We meant treason.”

“You won’t get away with this!” The prisoner screamed. “May the gods curse…”

“Before you finish that sentence,” Isidor interrupted. “Perhaps you should pray instead for mercy upon your soul. The execution is tomorrow.”

Isidor turned away and left the prisoner in his cell. The prisoner howled and rattled against his chains desperately. It was futile though.

………………

The mob stood outside the city hall again. The monument that Isidor erected years before glistened in the setting sun. The meaning of it seemed to escape Isidor altogether. What was it again? Sacrifice. Something about sacrifice being necessary to preserve the nation. Isidor could vaguely see Alastor’s face in the monument. What kind of expression was Alastor the Patriot making in that monument? Isidor wondered. Alastor was a good man, kind-hearted yet strong. Palitnate as a nation needed more of him.

The mob was growing unruly again. Isidor smiled. Behind him were 30 prisoners tied to the stake. Their mouths were gagged and they constantly struggled against the bindings that held them in place.

Isidor smiled. This was going to be a grand day.

“People of Palitnate!” Isidor shouted. “We come here not for forgiveness, but rather, for justice!

The people who you see before you are traitors to our kind. Instead of hating the very darkness that killed and harassed out people, they embraced it!

They had received the greatest gift that Palitnate could offer, and they still were not satisfied! No, they desired more. That is why they prayed to Ceridwen!

Yes, the people here before you worshipped Ceridwen. The Lady of Dark, Mistress of Horrors, the enemy which we fight against with all our lives! Driven by their reckless greed, these piteous fools disguised themselves as one among the horrors and killed their own brethrens!

And then they blamed their misdeeds upon our Chosen. The reason is obvious. It was to place blame upon our protectors

By blaming the Chosen, they sought to weaken us as a whole. They sought to sow contempt towards our own shield and armor, to strike at us when we were naked.

To cement their deeds they attempted an assassination. Assassination upon myself! They planned to hold my head up for all to see. They sought to place blame upon myself and use it as a catalyst to turn citizens openly against citizens.

Now they stand in our judgment. What kind of judgment should we deliver them? Death I say! Death to the traitors! Death to the servants of Ceridwan!”

The executioners hastily lit all the prisoners with torches. The crowd began to cheer, indeed, when did they do not?

Nearly inhuman scream, followed by the sounds of the ropes breaking. One of the prisoners broke free of his bindings and rushed blindly at nearly supernatural speed towards Isidor. Isidor let out a laugh and grasped at his sword. An instant was only thing Isidor needed to behead the prisoner.

The crowd was yet again silent. Then they began to cheer unlike anything they have done so before.

The masses, Isidor noticed, was a thing that also never changed. Throw them a plausible half truth and some people to blame and they jumped up and started cheering and believing. It didn’t even matter if the people to blame didn’t exist in the first place.

The light of fire cast freakish shadows. Alastor and the saintly soldiers screamed outrage against Isidor, but they were immobile, trapped to their monument. Isidor let out a laugh.

In the end, it was a pretty darn good show. Silvanus would be proud.

…………………………..

“Here’s your bee….ah I see you got your own knife!” said the innkeeper.

“Yeah, who doesn’t these days?” The traveler smiled. “All those nasty cultists and whatnot out there… Can’t stand them!”

“Seriously!” Another traveler chimed in. “I just hope I am not going to be the next victim. I heard that a guy walked into a dark alleyway and never came out!”

“I heard that a giant beast of Ceridwan’s lurking in the northeastern forest! Floating eyes 5 feet wide that shoots laser beams!”

“Surly you jest! There’s no such thing!”

“Well,” the traveler said. “I might have exaggerated a few details, but in the last years, it was all about giant flying bats of death! Who knows if the Ceridwan’s cultists decided to do a new act?”

“I see your point…the giant bats were the Ceridwan’s cultists, right?”

“Sorry?”

“I mean, it had to be the cultists right? The people Isidor burnt…they were cultists, and one of them moved at supernatural speed! The Chosen went away on a mission to save us from the threat of those darn undead freaks. So it had to be some other thing involved, right? Right?”

“Why, of course.” The innkeeper blinked. “That’s what Isidor said after all.”

“Yeah. I guess you are right. I mean, we are right.”

Silence

“Hey, have you heard?” another traveler chimed in to break the ice. State’s sponsoring the cult of Mammon again! First time since the Kaer closed.”

“Oh really?” A traveler said. “Tell me about it…”

Orders sent.

May I see your orders so that I can base my orders off of that?

The Queen and the Jester, Part 1

Spoiler :
Queen Sjörå set down her quill and rubbed her eyes. Until this point, all of her decisions had been easy, as if they were part of a greater plan. She had begun to rely on her divine connection with Mul'kjrn for support and authority, but now the other edge of the blade was apparent. The divine have no room for error, no capacity for mistake, and no path to apology. Since the defeat at the hands of the pinkling Emperor (and despite what her propaganda minister told the public, it was a defeat), the public's support was wavering. Many of the eldar kyn of the various tribes were pushing for a counter-attack and an immediate war declaration, but Sjörå knew that would be disastrous for the fledgling nation. The pinklings bred like mountain hares, and while they are weak and soft-skinned, they could overwhelm the Jötunkyn with sheer numbers. A war of attrition would sacrifice growth and power for honor and blood, and with merchants returning with whispers of an awakening Patria, they needed their strength for the times to come.

A knock interrupted her musing, and her handmaiden entered, head bowed. "Lord Brandarí of the Lo'kyl to see you, madam."

A tall, wiry troll with piercing eyes and an uneasy smile swept into the room. He gave a stiff bow to the queen before speaking. "My queen, you are making a terrible mistake. This treaty only serves to bait the pinklings and displace our attentions. You are playing at peacemaker while your enemies scheme our destruction."

"And a pleasure to see you too, Brandarí Lo'kyl. I do so miss these chats." Sjörå fixed him with an icy gaze. "And you must have better spies than I thought, for you to catch wind of this so early."

At this, Brandarí issued a short, barking laugh. "I have friends, dearest Queen, and I have partners. There are many who disapprove of your handling of Ksngt's many failures. Many who think you and he are more familiar than queen and admiral should be. Some are even whispering that he is looking at you as a path to the throne."

Sjörå's face flushed with anger at this. "How dare you insinuate such. I have pledged myself to Mul'kjrn and the kyn of Niflheim. I have given up everything to rule our people, and in return Mul'kjrn has granted me his blessing and protection. You had best choose your next words with care, Brandarí of the silver tongue, for I will not tolerate such treasonous talk."

"Oh my queen, forgive me. I am but a humble messenger and servant, and I foolishly let my tongue get the best of me," he said as he bowed in mock supplication. "Of course you are right to make peace with the pinkling hordes. Of course your divinity is unquestioned, and of course the blessing of Mul'kjrn, god of stasis and unchanging ice, will be sufficient to prosper in this quickly changing world. I was so foolish to even entertain such radical and treasonous thoughts, and I am truly sorry." He looked away to the lone window in the high tower. "If only the people agreed with me, with us. If only they weren't so frightened by our benevolent pinkling neighbors, by the spies they send in guise of ambassadors. I must be sure to tell them of your wisdom." He turned to the door and laughed as he left. "After all, if no one was to tell them who to worship or who to follow, they would make gods of clay and kings of bricks."

As the jester receded down the long hallway, whistling a nameless tune, the queen returned to her desk, less sure of her decision now then ever. The parchment before her would ensure peace from without - of that she was certain. But what could ensure peace from within?

Palvius sighed as he brought the Troll diplomats their morning meals. He had no problem dealing with the fact that they trolls unlike a few of his peers. He had dealt with many of this world's various races and despite many of their oddities he felt no ill will towards them. As the more intelligent priest say "Do not pity or hate others whose Flesh is different from your own, for all have a different path to Perfection." But these Scions were different, unlike the others who more or less wished for peace and trade these Trolls truly hated humans and expected all humans to try to kill them.

He opened the door to allow the servants to bring the food in. The way they ate you would of thought they were being starved in their homeland, then again maybe they were. As he expected all of the Trolls jumped and grabbed weapons at the sound of the door, possibly expecting an attack.

"Greeting respected dignitaries, I bring you your morning meal." They sheathed their weapons but still looked ready to attack at a pin drop. And with what had become a morning ritual the servants tested each of the dishes for the Trolls. When they were satisfied Palvius dismissed the servants.

After waiting a few minutes for the ambassadors to finish their meals he spoke up, " What would this honored group wish to do this day?"

He hoped nothing, the past few trips had not go over well. First there was the trip to the temple; he took them to what he believed was a very mild service. The Priest said nothing radical merely the standard devotion to the Emperor and then his own musing on reaching Perfection. There was even only one very mild Show of Flesh, many from other lands had sat through similar services with nothing more than a few snickers and blushes. But with these Trolls as soon as the service began they stormed out of the temple muttering something about "heathens...freezing....ever lasting planes of Ice...". He didn't even pretend to understand their faith, why any would worship the freezing cold, something which most try to avoid, was beyond him. And beside the cold inhibits certain acts of the Flesh and Pleasure.

Then there was the slightly more enjoyable trip to the coast which went well if you could take the constant insults at the "pathetic pinkling's attempt to sail" until were reached where the new ships were being built. There they saw transports being built and despite his and everyone else's assurance that they were for transport and that their government was already aware of them they stormed back to the palace where they refused to speak to anyone.

All these trips seemed to end in them storming off.

"We wish to speak to your leader."

Palvius sighed again, they've asked for this quite often. "I'm sorry but the Divine Emperor can't see you on a whim, I can however see if his envoy is available."

"No we want to see him."

"I will pass this along, if you desire nothing else I'll take my leave. If you do want something before your next meal just speak to the guards outside and they will get me. Good day to you."

Such an odd people...

Ha ha, nice! You nailed it - surly, intolerant and paranoid. Such an odd people indeed...

EDIT: orders in.

So I heard my dear-old white elves have risen from the dead. Would it be possible for me to take them, Immy?

hmmm.... i would be inclined to agree... except they already have a secret player controlling them....

if that secret player writes to me and says you can play them, then that would be fine.

please note that they are much weaker then the regular nations though... they were not designed to be a full-fledged NPC nation.

If you DO want to play a full-fledged NPC nation, you can play the pilsetans...

hmmm.... i would be inclined to agree... except they already have a secret player controlling them....

if that secret player writes to me and says you can play them, then that would be fine.

please note that they are much weaker then the regular nations though... they were not designed to be a full-fledged NPC nation.

If you DO want to play a full-fledged NPC nation, you can play the pilsetans...
Whoops, shouldn't have assumed they were pure NPC. Hmm, this update should be very interesting for me...:mischief:

Top Bottom