Luxury Resource Display

Not really, just look at the first number.. if its greater than 1.. it's extra.. and can be traded :lol:

Right, but you still have to look if there's any "Traded" already locking it out. Whereas if you have "Extra" enabled you don't even need to look at each resource, you just scan it all for those cool green "Extra".

Right, but you still have to look if there's any "Traded" already locking it out. Whereas if you have "Extra" enabled you don't even need to look at each resource, you just scan it all for those cool green "Extra".

Original:

Tweaked:

Looks fine to me.. and less cluttered.

I'm only interested in which luxuries i have, and how many i have available (the # on the left). The text on the right just lets me know where some of them are coming from.. and how many i've already traded away. The total, and extra are pretty useless to me. I only need 1 of each. So if the left # is more than 1.. i can sell/trade it away.

That's why modding is so awesome.. you can change it to how you like it :)

I think my final tweak will be changing Traded & From Trade to Imported & Exported. I dont like how From Traded is 2 words.

Yes im a nitpicker :p

An idea for you, then: since you're only showing the resources you DO have, it's quite useless to show "1", you could instead show "0" to mean that you are using that resource.

So Dyes: 1 From Trade, 0 available.
The very fact that the resource is listed implies that you have some of it already.

An idea for you, then: since you're only showing the resources you DO have, it's quite useless to show "1", you could instead show "0" to mean that you are using that resource.

So Dyes: 1 From Trade, 0 available.
The very fact that the resource is listed implies that you have some of it already.

semantics i guess.

The the fact that it shows 1 (or more) means i have access to it.
If it shows 0, it means i had it, but traded it away.

With my current tweaks, it will never show up if you never had it to begin with.. but if you do own one, and trade it all away.. it will still display, but will show as 0.

So say i trade away my only gem in that screenshot. It will list as:

0 Gem: 1 Traded

Ok, final tweak.. not messing with it anymore:

As you can see i traded my gems away, and it still shows up. Other luxuries i never had to begin with like furs etc. dont display.

If anyone likes the changes I provide my edited version of the file.
It goes in your \My Documents\My Games\Civ 5\MODS\Luxury Resource Display\ folder.

Replace the file there with the one in the zip (Backup the original 1st).

Attachments

• LuxuryResource_Tweak.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 569
If the original author likes it and incorporates some of the tweaks into the official version.. by all means steal it and take all the credit. I dont care one way or the other.

I changed it for myself... beyond that it doesn't really matter to me.

Gorey, might as well just open a new file in notepad and hand-write everything by yourself, call it a new mod and release it as well, since the original author seems to be so anal about not giving permission for others to use something which is such a simple tweak that most modpacks will probably just make their own ^_^

Technically, pretty much the entire code for it was ripped from the strategic resource display, line for line. Those that weren't needed were even commented out, rather than deleted. ;)

However, the display I'm working on for my mod (and I needed it already, for bonus resources, so it was not simply because Magus requested I remove this one) will have a pane for all resource types, and likely a check box for you to toggle display of all resources or just owned resources. Unfortunately, it will require you go into a submenu to view, but on the whole is a large improvement IMO.

Early version, without the panes or checkbox implemented yet.

the original author seems to be so anal about not giving permission for others to use something which is such a simple tweak that most modpacks will probably just make their own ^_^

Yeah i just saw that. Quite dissapointing that there are people out there like that.

I coded an awesome suite of targeting tools for the Silent Hunter series.. and i gave away the ENTIRE source code to it. I dont get why people are so anal about things like this. Its a community.. lend a hand and share the love.

Yeah i just saw that. Quite dissapointing that there are people out there like that.

I coded an awesome suite of targeting tools for the Silent Hunter series.. and i gave away the ENTIRE source code to it. I dont get why people are so anal about things like this. Its a community.. lend a hand and share the love.

It doesn't matter, small UI tweaks can be modularly activated alongside other mods in most cases (at least at this stage of the game, when most mods are very tiny in scope and effect). That's what's nice about Civ5's modding system.

Spoiler :
And, as mentioned, the tweak is simple and easy to replicate, so you can always rewrite it yourself if merging is required.

Thanks for this mod !

Is it easy to translate a bit the Luxury menu in the top bar to the left ?
It interferes with the Clock mod and goes on top of the other menus on the right.

Which lines should I modify for this?

Thanks

EDIT : I found it, it's in the .xml very easy to change !

Ixezed.
I had the same conflict w the clock and luxuries. I altered the luxuries to not b all caps & to not have the explanation mark. Then I moved the clock to the center of the screen, where it will not interfere w other things. I imagine that mods will be stacking other buttons into that space too, and so the clock in the center makes sense. Also, the word luxuries may very well disappear in a similar mod being made that will show a few buttons to show different panels for the various resources. Formats may very, depending on who builds the better version.

Ixezed.
I had the same conflict w the clock and luxuries. I altered the luxuries to not b all caps & to not have the explanation mark. Then I moved the clock to the center of the screen, where it will not interfere w other things. I imagine that mods will be stacking other buttons into that space too, and so the clock in the center makes sense. Also, the word luxuries may very well disappear in a similar mod being made that will show a few buttons to show different panels for the various resources. Formats may very, depending on who builds the better version.

Easiest way to correct that, in the XML file :

<Stack Anchor="R,T" Offset="300,6

I changed the offset from 300,6 for 350,6. At 1920x1080 resolution, it displays properly !

Thanks for this mod, and Thanks Gorey for the improvements!
I used them in my personal mod.

Cheers :)

I will certainly be using this. :)

As to issues of "including" this in other mods...that's a completely silly question as the mod system in Civ5 simply lets you "check all that apply" and I highly doubt this simple tweak will have any conflicts. :)

some of the information is not displayed correctely :(

txt_key_tp_luxury_resource_extra ? _traded ? _total ?

may this have to do with a UI in French, not in English?

also, in 1680x1050, at the top, the "Luxuries (...." overlap with "Turn :"

but overwise a nice idea of mod, VERY usefull, so thank to the author :)

Top Bottom