ARCHIVED: Discussion Topic - Unit Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's where I am at now... I haven't had time to clean the model up yet, and add the clothing, but model is working... and simply needs to be half-animated. I think models of weapons are available online to find, if I don't have a particular one. Google warehouse has a big selection of weapon models.

Might need to be lighter greener to match the pics.

I always imagined the Tharks as being of a more 'radioactive' shade pf green.

I just selected the lime variety because it was the nearest I could find in the QuickReply format options. Does this forum support the [color=#00FF2A][/COLOR] style of colour formatting?

¡¡¡Pero si es Gatorade señorita!!!

Spoiler translation :
That means 'But it's gatorade, miss!', Bilardo's famous phrase when accused of promoting alcohol consumption. I've reuploaded the pic because otherwise the phrase is pointless.

The Master Units Post has been updated with all of the new units we got in September.

Some highlights:

We finally got our first custom Barsoomian Beast in the form of Tom's Banth. You can see it in the Orovar line of the Barsoom units & two posts down in the Barsoom Beastiary.

The Black Coats got a lovely new Scout in era 1, thanks to Tom; he also contributes "Pirate Jenny" at the end of that era to give the Gothic Union a new Captain. The Goths also get Vuldacon's "Count Orlok" in Era 3, as well as a Gytrash (from Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre!). In that same Era we also find Tom's cool new John Carter and a slew of Zeppelin Warships.

The Cthulhu are firmly in charge of the underground thanks to Plotinus' wonderful Cthulhu unit. The Cthulhi line has been reworked to include more beasts from Greek mythology, on the premise that the Cthulhi had been terrorizing the Atlanteans for thousands of years with them.

Further down in Pellucidar, there is a herd of Mammoths in the Mahar unit line, thanks to Wotan49. The Mahar line has been reworked a little to reflect a more evolutionary progression; after all, Darwin was a Victorian too....

You can find a complete list of custom units in the first post of the Steampunk Unit Requests Thread as well as an idea of what units we're still looking for and what's in the pipeline to be made. That list gets shorter by the day, and with each one the beta gets closer and closer to completion...

Fantastic unit. I've already spent some time gushing over it in the thread, so I'll control myself here. You have my sincerest thank-yous for this unit, Plot.

This leaves only three Victorians left among our unit requests; Alice, which was designed by Balam-Agab and is currently in the capable hands of Vuldacon, and Annie Oakley, which is under construction by Balam-Agab at last report, and the Blackcoat Assassin, being made by Plotinus. We could count Alice's mirror (being made by Blue Monkey) on that list as well, I suppose.

After that, we will only have our Barsoomian units (and a giant ant) left to do. Tom has been leading on the Barsoom front, and has previewed a totally cute Dejah Thoris, and is working on a Thark model for us.

For a complete rundown of our outstanding unit requests, and an impressive list of what's been done already, see the first post of the Steampunk Unit Requests Thread which will shortly update (to include the new Ripper/Scoundrel).

We could count Alice's mirror (being made by Blue Monkey) on that list as well, I suppose.
The static Alice needs conversion of palette & to flics. I should have done so by now. I can only plead forgetfulness.

I've found several ant models online free, none Poser files though. But I can rig em and animate em. I'll go through and post pics of the various ones available, and you can choose the one you prefer.

EDIT: Here are some of em:

I'm almost done with Dejah (Armed Dejah that is), I only have the fidget and run left to do; I might be able to finish tonight or tomorrow.

I've found several ant models online free, none Poser files though. But I can rig em and animate em. I'll go through and post pics of the various ones available, and you can choose the one you prefer.

That first one looks best.

I'm almost done with Dejah (Armed Dejah that is), I only have the fidget and run left to do; I might be able to finish tonight or tomorrow.

That's great news, Tom.

Actually, those would have been magnetic weapons that belong to the Okar, the Yellow Martians that are not included in this Mod. Once upon a time we were going to include the Okar (they'd look like Mongols), but since they're a polar race (and our Barsoom has no poles), and are only mentioned in one of Burrough's books I decided to omit them. Even if we did have them, there are several pop-up pillbox units that would do the trick, I think. The unit type is still on the list because I was thinking that the Thern or Kaldanes might use them if they're too weak vs other civs.

So no, but thanks for offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom