CSA mod - Does it work on a Mac?

Stonewall Jaxon

Chieftain
Hello,

This isn't really something worthy of mention in the OP, but I'd figure I'd ask here anyway. In Post #6, you addressed mods running on Mac. You explained why a mod wouldn't run, but it's all pretty much Greek to me. I was just wndering if, by looking at it, you think this mod (CSA civ) would work or not. I would try it out for myself, but my Mac is currently in the shop. Help is much appreciated. Thanks

Moderator Action: I've moved this discussion to its own thread, out of the FAQ.
FAQ means "Frequently asked questions". One query doesn't qualify as "frequently"!

I should note that this is probably the wrong thread for this discussion, so don't be surprised if Alan moves our posts to the appropriate thread.

Following post #6, I took a look at the download.

(1) There are no dll files, so there is no SDK issue.

(2) There are XML files, so it is possible that there might be incorrectly formatted XML files that Windows can read, but Mac cannot. In this case, someone here might be able to fix the formatting so it will run.

(3) I didn't see any Python code, so that isn't an issue.

So it looks encouraging.

There's another link in the thread. It goes here.

I've downloaded and tried it. It ought to run, as it doesn't have a custom DLL, it's just some units and modified XML files. However, it's not compatible with version 1.74 of Civ4, as it expects to find Mao, Communism, the Forbidden Palace and the Three Gorges Dam. All these were renamed in v1.74 to improve the chances of making Civ4 sales in China, as I understand it.

If you are still running Civ4 version 1.61 then you'll probably be OK with the mod you can download at the above link. But if you have version 1.74 then those references in the mod XML files need to be changed to match the rest of the game files. I've edited the mod to load and start a game as Robert E.Lee of the CSA in my configuration, and it's attached. But I can't be sure that I've caught all the references, so you need to test it by actually playing a game.

Hope this helps ...

Attachments

• csa.zip
    659.5 KB · Views: 72
There's another link in the thread. It goes here.

I've downloaded and tried it. It ought to run, as it doesn't have a custom DLL, it's just some units and modified XML files. However, it's not compatible with version 1.74 of Civ4, as it expects to find Mao, Communism, the Forbidden Palace and the Three Gorges Dam. All these were renamed in v1.74 to improve the chances of making Civ4 sales in China, as I understand it.

If you are still running Civ4 version 1.61 then you'll probably be OK with the mod you can download at the above link. But if you have version 1.74 then those references in the mod XML files need to be changed to match the rest of the game files. I've edited the mod to load and start a game as Robert E.Lee of the CSA in my configuration, and it's attached. But I can't be sure that I've caught all the references, so you need to test it by actually playing a game.

Hope this helps ...

Awesome, thanks. Sorry about the thread thing; I just didn't think one small query was worthy of its own thread. I appreciate your help.

Top Bottom