Wrap: Toroidal
Climate: Temperate
1 player per area
No huts
No barbs
No random events
ALWAYS WAR
ALL victory conditions are enabled
Pitboss timer: 22 hours (about 24 real life hours)

Leader and civs selection (unrestricted) was done by reverse pick with Financial leaders banned.

Reverse pick rules
Spoiler :
A random draw decides the picking order. First player on the list picks leader first second player follows picking a leader etc. Last player to pick leader pick civ first and order reverses. So in fact the person who picked leader first will pick civ last and the person who picked leader last will pick civ first.

Game rules
Spoiler :

Double moves: Players should not use double moves to gain an unfair advantage over their opponent. Double moves apply only in military unit movement. In settling and using great people they are allowed. In a case a player feels he has been double moved he should pause the game and post here so that the admin can look and decide.
To keep double moves players should take turns in playing their moves. Players should also pause the game to allow for their opponent to move if it is needed. In case of multiple people involved in the same war turns should be taken as well.

So for example:

Player A has 2 cities city X & city Y playes his moves and finishes turn
Player B then logs in and move a chariot 2 tiles from city X
Player C then logs in in same turn and moves a chariot 2 tiles from city Y

Player C & B should both wait for player A to play first next turn before they move. They should even PM player A telling him to log in game and move first.

Other rules:
No communication between players is allowed during the game. It is not allowed to discuss anything that is about the game.
Each player should keep a spoiler thread in these forums posting screens and explaining his strategy as the game develops.
Players should not look in other players spoiler threads
Players should not use any cheats/hacks like map hack etc
Players should not use game ruining bugs like the Liberialism bug. If a bug is discovered during the game or is known by some player it should not be used.
The use of Christo redentor in conjunction with the switching civics spy mission is banned
Blockade action from naval units is banned
Nukes are banned

Connection details
Spoiler :

game ip: 92.119.24.161:3838
there is no game pass

civ stats
http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=2075

civ stats pass = 8

Players

1. Ntenistromeros - Suryavarman II of Vikings
2. Indiansmoke - Peter of Korea
3. Voxsu _Asoka of Sumeria
4. Bemep - Zara of Mali
5. 2metraninja - Pericles of Byzantines
6. OT4E - mehmed of India
7. LDeska - Hatshepsut of Egypt
8. Penny - Hammurabi of Zulu

Absolutely interested in an (REAL) expert game as a Pitboss.

I'm an Admin at Civplayers & a MP clan Captain, so hopefully I qualify :)
Great initiative !

Penny

I'm interested. I don't know whether I fit into the super, mega awesome bracket. But I used to be pretty good at MP Civ back in the day (as Churchill1) --- may be someone can vouch for that...

Also, before you properly consider me I'm not all that clear on how Pitboss works. If people are playing and I have to leave does the AI take over? If not how are others able to complete their turns when I'm not there?

Would like to particpate if it starts after Feb 10th. (I am not available prior).

My bio: I have been active in CIV games since it's birth. I founded the CIVPlayers league and am currently an admin. I participated in countless betas of CIV and played diplo CIV games over at Apolyton and Chaos and Civ. You're welcome to send a note to Robert Plomb at Apolyton and Canuck Soldier at Civplayers as references.

Best regards,

WarningU2 aka Steve

I'm not signing up (although I'm tempted ;)) and I'm not sure I fulfill the criteria.

I like the idea of having only expert players that hopefully are also dedicated enough to play it to the glorious or bitter end.

Assuming this is simultaenous turns. How are you going to handle double moves? In AW game you won't have alliances that make timer split manageable so as the game progresses you might need to increase the timer quite long or alternatively accept double moves.

I'm not signing up (although I'm tempted ;)) and I'm not sure I fulfill the criteria.

I like the idea of having only expert players that hopefully are also dedicated enough to play it to the glorious or bitter end.

Assuming this is simultaenous turns. How are you going to handle double moves? In AW game you won't have alliances that make timer split manageable so as the game progresses you might need to increase the timer quite long or alternatively accept double moves.
Double moves are not allowed, analytical rules will be posted, but generally I expect everyone to act with sportsmanship and wait for their opponent/s to move. Multiple wars are possible, we will handle it when we get there, possibly by extending timer if needed.

Thanks for the invite Indiansmoke. Would love to play but my civ time is a bit unreliable at the moment having recently become a Dad. :)

Maybe when the little one is a bit older I'll be returning to pitboss in the not too distant future. In the meantime, this is a great initiative - I hope you find your eight!

@plako - on the strength of the pitboss games I've played in with you, I'd say you defintiely qualify. :p

Thanks for the invite Indiansmoke. Would love to play but my civ time is a bit unreliable at the moment having recently become a Dad. :)

Maybe when the little one is a bit older I'll be returning to pitboss in the not too distant future. In the meantime, this is a great initiative - I hope you find your eight!

@plako - on the strength of the pitboss games I've played in with you, I'd say you defintiely qualify. :p

Congratulations Munro :)

Would like to particpate if it starts after Feb 10th. (I am not available prior).

My bio: I have been active in CIV games since it's birth. I founded the CIVPlayers league and am currently an admin. I participated in countless betas of CIV and played diplo CIV games over at Apolyton and Chaos and Civ. You're welcome to send a note to Robert Plomb at Apolyton and Canuck Soldier at Civplayers as references.

Best regards,

WarningU2 aka Steve

WarningU2 I know you and respect what you have done for the multiplayer community over the years, but last 2 pitbosses we played together you played poorly, so I am puzzled abit about your participation.

Are you sure you are up for this?

Your call....if you think you are up for it then you are in.....

I'm interested. I don't know whether I fit into the super, mega awesome bracket. But I used to be pretty good at MP Civ back in the day (as Churchill1) --- may be someone can vouch for that...

Also, before you properly consider me I'm not all that clear on how Pitboss works. If people are playing and I have to leave does the AI take over? If not how are others able to complete their turns when I'm not there?

Pixie I am not sure this is the game for you, so I will not take the risk since if the game is not balanced it would be a shame.

Sorry :(

But I used to be pretty good at MP Civ back in the day (as Churchill1) --- may be someone can vouch for that...

Pixie I am not sure this is the game for you, so I will not take the risk since if the game is not balanced it would be a shame.

Sorry

Hey,

While I have to say the fact that pixie doesn't know what exactly a pitboss is (and it's no small feat, it's an absolute commitment of your personal life) is bothering,
I was wondering if it was [GOD]Churchill ? Church' was a dominant Vanilla/WL CTON player If I'm correct.

I can vouch for Churchill1/Pixie, he was for quit some time a top ladder player and I have no doubt that he qualifies as an expert at BTS game mechanics. Pitboss is just something not many MP players do as it is alot slower than the standard lobby MP games.

I can also vouch for Penny and WarningU2 for the same reasons.

CS

Nothing about my humble candidature? ;)

Ah sorry I guess I scanned threw the list to quickly :-/ Yes you are as well a vet BTS MP player....not to mention having kicked my butt in a league pitboss game not to long ago :p

CS

Top Bottom