U.N. -Peacekeeper

KnelRivendare

Warlord
Last Update - 6. April. 2013
U.N. -Peacekeeper

Download

adds a new Unit to the Game, the "U.N. Peacekeeper"

For those who like to play the "World Police"

also adds a Cartographer as a Renaissance scout Unit which is able to enter rival territory but is limited to 5 per Player.

+Scouts now upgrade to Cartographers and Cartographers upgrade to UN Peacekeeper

inspired by the "UN Peacekeeping Forces Mod" by Surdanis for Civ IV.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=265993

Info-
Tech: Globalization
Combat: 75
Base-Cost: 200
Moves: 6
Work Rate: 100
Cannot Pillage
Max per Player- 4

comes with a Unique Promotion-

U.N. Mandate-
Can enter rival territory without Open Borders
+2 Visibility
Heals outside of Friendly territory

Strategy-
Monitors the situation in a possible escalating or ongoing Conflict, Supports your Allies or City States by blocking paths, is able to build or remove Roads, can repair Improvements and can scrub Fallout.

Pedia-

Peacekeeping by the United Nations is a role held by the Department of Peacekeeping Operations as "a unique and dynamic instrument developed by the Organization as a way to help countries torn by conflict create the conditions for lasting peace". It is distinguished from both peacebuilding and peacemaking.

NOTE: This Unit doesnt require the Diplomatic Victory condition as i personally dont like that condition.

Credits:
Nutty- Icon/MechanizedInfantry-texture and gr2 editing.
danrell- Paratrooper Unit Graphics
Knel- XML, Icons, textures and executing.
Surdanis- Inspiration

Attachments

• pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 765
  • pc2.jpg
    pc2.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 652
  • pc3.jpg
    pc3.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 728
  • pc4.jpg
    pc4.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 578
  • pc5.jpg
    pc5.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 559
  • unflagicon.jpg
    unflagicon.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 580
i got some few question man???
1. how much is the maximum number of Peace keeper in a civilization?? just imagine the ai have a 15 of this units. very nasty :D
2. will the ai really use this to help friendly or allied civs or city state perhaps??? or use this to destroy enemy cities???
3 will the ai really perfom road construction and scrubbing fallout ?

Great idea. i'm surprised you didn't colorize the button from a red beret to blue.

Maybe a resource limit will limit building these (use left over horses or iron?)

Or require the UN wonder in the city to build it

To be honest im just to lazy to make a new iconatlas :mischief:
when im about to make icons for my main project i will probably add some to this mod too.

I also tried to recolor the mechinfantry, but well without editing the gr2 file there's no chance to do that.

A maximum of 4 for every player isn't enough?

I also tried to recolor the mechinfantry, but well without editing the gr2 file there's no chance to do that.
But Nexus Buddy makes it so easy.

Making a screenshot and putting this post together took more time.

I threw in the icons too.

EDIT: Changed the peacekeeper infantry unit icon from a baby blue to a more teal beret to match your unit recolor better. I've also uploaded a new version of your recolored unit with a new .gr2, since yours will conflict with someone using a modpack that uses danrell's original model for the UK paratrooper. Really, it takes 5 seconds in Nexus Buddy. Also, you needn't include all of danrell's edited animations, just the one I've included in the zip.

Attachments

• peacekeeper.zip
    48.9 KB · Views: 83
  • mechanizedpeacekeeper.zip
    210.8 KB · Views: 93
thats possible with the nexus?
No, not Nexus. Nexus BUDDY.

you can you material hacker to change the dds file
Sure, you could use that instead. Same diff.

So Updated it, again thanks Nutty!
No problem!

do you guys think i should split the Units into UN-APC and
UN- Paratrooper? or keep it as one unit?

Hm... even though it means I made an extra icon, I'd say keep it as one mixed unit.

I was wondering the same thing.

This unit might work best when BNW comes out and there's resolutions to go by :)

I just noticed that you use the GM icon on the map. its the SV file. MAybe change it to the UN symbol?

can you read my mind? im just about to do that, may look weird since it adapts the civs colors, so only greece will have the correct blue on white UN Flag :D

Attachments

• unflag.jpg
    unflag.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 275
How did you make the APC icon? I assume you just angled the model and then a screenshot then pasted it. But how did you recolor it to look like firaxis? Do you have a template?

:lol: You've obviously forgotten what the mech infantry portrait looks like...
vs.

EDIT: Looking at it now, as easy as it was, I screwed up a couple things. Oh well, I assume that's the one that won't get used.
EDIT #2: Oh, apparently I need to do a better recolor on the other portrait. The whole uniform is blue!

Hey, wouldn't it be cool to make a late game sort of 'anti-barb civ' that helped prevent wars. Say a boarder was heating up. UN units would appear on the boarder to prevent the 2 sides from escalating. This might fit in with the new stuff in the new expansion.
Just a thought.

:lol: You've obviously forgotten what the mech infantry portrait looks like...
vs.

EDIT: Looking at it now, as easy as it was, I screwed up a couple things. Oh well, I assume that's the one that won't get used.
EDIT #2: Oh, apparently I need to do a better recolor on the other portrait. The whole uniform is blue!

whoops I did. I usually don't build those much

Hey, wouldn't it be cool to make a late game sort of 'anti-barb civ' that helped prevent wars. Say a boarder was heating up. UN units would appear on the boarder to prevent the 2 sides from escalating. This might fit in with the new stuff in the new expansion.
Just a thought.

interesting idea, but no idea how to implement that :p

for now i plan to make them require a national wonder in the city (Department of Peacekeeping Operations) and maybe a change to the current United Nations wonder so that it doesnt require the diplo victory to be built.

With BNW it would be great to spawn these units via resolutions with different mandates,
like a mandate for Observation-missions (unarmed troops)
and a mandate for Peace-enforcement-missions(armed troops)
this doesnt sound that complicated to make, depending on how they are going to implement the world congress.

Top Bottom