None Shall Pass [Game Thread - Concluded]

This gesture won't be forgotten, and yes, it shuts me up about the LOTR-SW conflict.

Also I'm not cult, I know many of you core LOTR think I am. Sorry, not the correct guy. Heads up there too.

Kinda baffling that I'm not the correct guy. Maybe keep waiting, and I will be. Will suck but hey, what'reyegonnado.

"Jesus, Zaccino, would you look at the clowns? I think I got a migraine just from watching them all day."

"I feel ya, man. I had to go play short bursts of Sleeping Dogs just to stay sane."

"I never want to make or see a tally ever again."

"No kidding. Let's recap the day, for those who saw it flash by and can only remember bits and pieces."

"Alright. First, I think there was something about azzaman333. He seemed to be a pretty popular choice to die, at least initially."

"Yeah, I remember that. Those were the good ol' days, before the Great Counter-Wagon Invasion after dinner."

"Maybe it's because there was no dessert?"

"Unless you count diarrhea as dessert..."

"Ew, no. What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Lots of things, man... the counter-wagon war messed me up man... I think I have post-traumatic stress disorder... and my farts smell so bad, my nose hairs caught on fire..."

"Seriously, what the ****? You're blaming the war for your diarrhea / gas attack? The war messed us up in a lot of ways, but it sure as hell isn't the cause for those noxious liquids, gases, and solids flying out of your stinky butthole."

"No, man... like... you don't know, man... you don't know what it was like... you can't kno- AAARRGH PFFFFFFFFFTCH"

"Jesus ****ing Christ, man! Did you just **** yourself?!? In public? Right here? Holy crap, get a hold of yourself!"

"You... you... you don't know... what it... was.... like.... in the warzone.... you civilians can't.... can't know...."

"What are you talking about? I've been here the whole time."

"One more thing... that crap is... is a lot of things... smelly... squishy... runny... sorta brown like this text... but with a more greenish tint..."

"Dear God...."

"Point is... you were wrong... it sure as **** ain't holy..."

"Okay, let's get you to the bathroom. And someone clean this up, damn it!"

No one moved a muscle. All were both petrified and disgusted at what they had just witnessed. And many of them were busy trying to set out the flames in their nostrils.

Finally, Red_Spy took a couple steps forward, after being involuntarily pushed forward by the crowd. He made sure to breath with his mouth as he crept closer and closer. Unfortunately, he accidentally took a breath through his nose, and the overwhelming stench of Zaccino's greenish-brown mess was so overpowering, so filthy, so nasty, so toxic... that Red_Spy's head exploded, ending his life.

<editor's note: Jesus, Zack. What the hell? That was disgusting.>

Spoiler :

Red_Spy was Éomer!

Spoiler :
He was a member of the Lord of the Rings Town!

TALLY:

Spoiler :

It is now Night Four.

[TIMER=11/5/2013 11:59 PM EST; Night Four Over]your mom lol[/TIMER]

ALIVE:

28 / 33

Arakhor
Askthepizzaguy
azzaman333
Backwards Logic
BSmith1068
Buddhafish
Camikaze
choxorn
Darth Feather
dcmort93
Double A
Frozen In Ice
Gone 3 the Celt
Jarrema
johnhughthom
KingMorgan
Nintz
robbiecon
SamSniped
sirtommygunn
SouthernKing
spaceman98
Sprig
Stuck in Pi
Takhisis
topsecret
Verarde
Visorslash

DEAD:

5 / 33

Kennigit - Admiral Ackbar

Dumanios - Han Solo

The Black Knigh - Samwise Gamgee

Autolycus - Lando Calrissian

Red_Spy - Éomer

In all seriousness, there is something deeply wrong about this game. It makes no sense. Half of the people alive right now should not be, and the cults are suspiciously absent.

First, in general:
This is a cult game, not a mafia game. In a mafia game, scumtells like lurking and bandwagoning work. This is because the mafia is trying its best to hide, and is often given to people who don't have time for a more impressive commitment. Occasionally you get scum who can infiltrate the town, become trusted and confuse everyone, but nonetheless, Lynch Lurkers and Liabilities works for the most part. In cult games, that simply is not so. The first cult leader can be anyone. It can be Pizza or Visor, it could be an average player like myself, or it can be someone who signs up and then never plays. If its the latter, we are in extreme luck, but Palpatine's appearance proves that at least one cult is active, and I think everybody in SW has been active. IIRC, everyone posted on day 1 and 2. So we know that on night 1, both cults did something. What would they do? They would attempt to convert experienced players, who are posting a lot, leading the town, gathering roles, etc. Already, Visor and Pizza were showing themselves to be such. No cult would ever target random nonposting inactives, so at most one cultist is an inactive, and yet, these have been the target of most in thread searching, everyone else has alibis of some sort. Hence, the cult must have at least attempted to convert some of our town leaders on the first night. We also know that cults have vigilante ability, and that there is nonconvertability, which choxorn can supposedly induce. We have Kennigit's confirmation of this, though I don't remember when he posted that, or why we lynched him if he had claimed such a pro-town role. Which raises the following questions:

For LOTR: Why is choxorn still alive? The LOTR cult knew almost from the start that choxorn could make people unconvertible, so why didn't they kill him? Also, everyone on LOTR cannot be confirmed townie, so someone is lying here. Has anyone heard anything of Sprig's roles and abilities (no need to tell me what they are, but something to think about). Finally, why are we so inclined to trust claims that masons are not currently cultists? Sure, they may not have started as such, but they could definitely have been converted later, and are prime targets for conversion, as supposed "confirmed townies", which would get access to information, but as less important targets for non-convertability.

For SW: Pizza is basically confirmed cult. If Pizza was convertible, then he would have been converted by now, since SW doesn't have an equivalent of Choxorn, and Pizza knows literally everything about your faction. If he was unconvertible, then unless palpatine is one shot or something, he would be dead by now.

For the Roleblockers: It seems very likely that one of you roleblocked the cult vigilante at some point. Exchange information in a QT on who you roleblocked and when, and come up with a list of suspects. Once again, no need to tell me anything, though if you don't trust each other (which you shouldn't) it might be wise to post under pseudonyms.

To Everyone: Stop chasing after inactives. The chance of them being cultists is close to nil. Its your leaders that are probably after you, though I can't tell whom amongst them is cult.

Seriously, I know I sound utterly paranoid, but this game makes no sense, except in the context of a conspiracy.

I'm assuming Mace Windu is naturally incorruptible at this point, which makes sense, given that my role is designed to counter Palpatine's murder.

There hasn't even been a failed attempt. I had to have been scanned.

@/Spaceman

I doubt cult could have more than one kill. That would be totaly unbalanced

In all seriousness, there is something deeply wrong about this game. It makes no sense. Half of the people alive right now should not be, and the cults are suspiciously absent.

First, in general:
This is a cult game, not a mafia game. In a mafia game, scumtells like lurking and bandwagoning work. This is because the mafia is trying its best to hide, and is often given to people who don't have time for a more impressive commitment. Occasionally you get scum who can infiltrate the town, become trusted and confuse everyone, but nonetheless, Lynch Lurkers and Liabilities works for the most part. In cult games, that simply is not so. The first cult leader can be anyone. It can be Pizza or Visor, it could be an average player like myself, or it can be someone who signs up and then never plays. If its the latter, we are in extreme luck, but Palpatine's appearance proves that at least one cult is active.

and I think everybody in SW has been active. IIRC, everyone posted on day 1 and 2. So we know that on night 1, both cults did something. What would they do? They would attempt to convert experienced players, who are posting a lot, leading the town, gathering roles, etc. Already, Visor and Pizza were showing themselves to be such.
Would you do it though? Night 1 & 2 you have very little information as to who is even in your faction let alone if they are convertable. You would have to scan and information gather to make sure you don't fail a conversion attempt.

No cult would ever target random nonposting inactives, so at most one cultist is an inactive, and yet, these have been the target of most in thread searching, everyone else has alibis of some sort. Hence, the cult must have at least attempted to convert some of our town leaders on the first night.
As noted it is a big risk to take.

We also know that cults have vigilante ability, and that there is nonconvertability, which choxorn can supposedly induce. We have Kennigit's confirmation of this, though I don't remember when he posted that, or why we lynched him if he had claimed such a pro-town role.
Kennigit never did claim afaik unless someone would like to say otherwise. I suspect who ever did know is high cult chance. Anyway, what he did do was send a last minute pm to 3 people who he thought were starwars claiming that he was the starwars version of Choxorn and the we should team up with cult to kill Lotr.

Continued on.

Which raises the following questions:

For LOTR: Why is choxorn still alive? The LOTR cult knew almost from the start that choxorn could make people unconvertible, so why didn't they kill him? Also, everyone on LOTR cannot be confirmed townie, so someone is lying here.
Not everyone is confirmed townie. Revealing who or what or how many etc. is information cultest can use. As for choxorn, well good question with a simple answer. they havn't killed him because they can't.

Has anyone heard anything of Sprig's roles and abilities (no need to tell me what they are, but something to think about).
As per my PM but they are public knowledge.

Finally, why are we so inclined to trust claims that masons are not currently cultists? Sure, they may not have started as such, but they could definitely have been converted later, and are prime targets for conversion, as supposed "confirmed townies", which would get access to information, but as less important targets for non-convertability.

I agree with you. And I am a mason. The sudden switch from SW town is because he is a mason doesn't make sense to me. Its the same reason why i have my suspicious about KM.

For SW: Pizza is basically confirmed cult. If Pizza was convertible, then he would have been converted by now, since SW doesn't have an equivalent of Choxorn, and Pizza knows literally everything about your faction. If he was unconvertible, then unless palpatine is one shot or something, he would be dead by now.

Pizza is crafty, very crafty. But either as i have claimed before he was intentionally trying to deceive me or he was legitimately clueless about his own town, I simply don't know. One thing that I do know is starwars are nowhere near as organised as lotr in hunting cult. They have no suspects/ they suspect each other. It could be a legitimate reason why they are clearly lacking in information.

For the Roleblockers: It seems very likely that one of you roleblocked the cult vigilante at some point. Exchange information in a QT on who you roleblocked and when, and come up with a list of suspects. Once again, no need to tell me anything, though if you don't trust each other (which you shouldn't) it might be wise to post under pseudonyms.

Not so sure on this, i think they cult are very pigeon holed at the moment by truly momentous information gathering conducted by some remarkable individuals.

To Everyone: Stop chasing after inactives. The chance of them being cultists is close to nil. Its your leaders that are probably after you, though I can't tell whom amongst them is cult.

Seriously, I know I sound utterly paranoid, but this game makes no sense, except in the context of a conspiracy.

It is true odd indeed.

I agree with you. And I am a mason. The sudden switch from SW town is because he is a mason doesn't make sense to me. Its the same reason why i have my suspicious about KM.

Count em up- 2 mason pairs on both teams.

Pizza is crafty, very crafty. But either as i have claimed before he was intentionally trying to deceive me or he was legitimately clueless about his own town, I simply don't know.

To what is this referring?

No, I didn't play this game like Visorslash did, and intentionally gather info. So yeah I was quite behind his organizing.

Some of us don't think it's a great idea for any one dude to know everything, but you seem to have resolved that issue quite nicely on your side of the fence.

Continued on.

Not everyone is confirmed townie. Revealing who or what or how many etc. is information cultest can use. As for choxorn, well good question with a simple answer. they havn't killed him because they can't.

As per my PM but they are public knowledge.

Pizza is crafty, very crafty. But either as i have claimed before he was intentionally trying to deceive me or he was legitimately clueless about his own town, I simply don't know. One thing that I do know is starwars are nowhere near as organised as lotr in hunting cult. They have no suspects/ they suspect each other. It could be a legitimate reason why they are clearly lacking in information.

Not so sure on this, i think they cult are very pigeon holed at the moment by truly momentous information gathering conducted by some remarkable individuals.

It is true odd indeed.

Why so certain?

Buddafish and Dumanios mason pair- Han and Chewie
dcmort and SouthernKing mason pair- r2d2 and c3p0

KingMorgan mason pair with someone- LOTR people know
Sprig mason pair with someone- LOTR people know

The multiple masons made many men muster much paranoia. LOTR wanted to eat itself based on the dual masons. Without a symmetrical SW pair, LOTR probably does eat itself.

Finding Sauron should be devastatingly easy right now.

LOTR cult will suffer a checkmate soon.

choxorn and (now) 3 incorruptibles
mason 1
mason 2
mason 3
mason 4
Visorslash

That's nine.

You guys just became the Fellowship of the Lord of the Rings.

Well, that was insane. Poor Zack!

Top Bottom