The Woof Warriors - 29/Jun/2004

Straczynski

Bolshevik Nerd
Cry "havoc" and let slip the dogs of war! ;)

So, those who have been reading the preview thread already know what this is. I'll be separating the dogs from both the Conquistador and the Austrian King and making them into units. I'll make two versions of each: one "standard" off-centered, good for copy-and-pasting new units (there are some sugestions on the preview thread); and a centered one, requested by some users.

Conquistador's German Shepheard
(Six flics, four sounds, pedia and Units32 icons)

Standard version: Download here!
Centered version: Download here!

Austrian King's Mastiff
Standard version: 0% Done.
Centered version: 0% Done.​

And for those who want, here's a small pedia text, taken from the website K9 History:
Throughout the history of warfare, from the days of the Egyptians, the Greeks and the Persians and the conquests of the Roman Empire, all the way into the Middle Ages and to the World Wars, Vietnam, and all the more recent conflicts, dogs have undergone active service at the sides of their masters. They have played the role of hero, by showing bravery under fire, saving lives (often by sacrificing their own), and bringing comfort to the injured and infirm.

Also, notice that I have not tested the unit in game, so, if there's any problem, let me know!

this might also be good as a scout unit for later times

Mobilize said:
Hmm.. you know what.. I might add the German Shepard and the German Infantry to make a Hund Patrol, that'd be interesting.

If made generic, that could make for a good garrison infantry unit.

-Oz

I am awaiting the centered version of the Conquistador's German Shepheard. It will be perfect for the dog civ in my mod Animal Wars: Pet and Pest. So far the only other unit I have for the dogs is the Dire Wolf from embryodead.

That is true Ozy. The idea was taken from Medal Of Honor. Damn those Germans unleash dogs on you like crazy in the Norway campaign.

BTW, do the dogs make any sounds? If not somebody should find a good and gruesome dog growl/bark combo.

Who let the dogs out? :D :D :D :D

Mobilize said:
Hmm.. you know what.. I might add the German Shepard and the German Infantry to make a Hund Patrol, that'd be interesting.
Great! :goodjob:

Mobilize said:
BTW, do the dogs make any sounds?
They do. I found nice barking, sniffing and howling sounds on Altavista, and also the death sound from the Dire Wolves... Anyway, I haven't tested the unit ingame, so, could anyone tell me if the sounds are playing?

what if u repaced barberian camps with wolf dens, and use the dog units a wolfs for some kind of senario??

Vietcong said:
what if u repaced barberian camps with wolf dens, and use the dog units a wolfs for some kind of senario??
Yeah, they can be used as barbarians as well... But there are already the Dire Wolves, which suit this task better.

Rufus T.Firefly said:
I hope that you have insert credits for your barking dog ;)
I did. They're on the readme file. :)

Now, to the centered version... This is what I ended up doing... Just look on the south animation... So, if anyone can help me on making better centerings... :)

Attachments

• x_conquist attack_a.gif
    x_conquist attack_a.gif
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,766
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
My idea!!
I've been trying to make a German Dog Patrol out of the Dire Wolf and German Infantry units, but it didn't work out so well.
Oh well.
Y'all can probably make a better unit than me. :(

Straczynski said:
Yeah, they can be used as barbarians as well... But there are already the Dire Wolves, which suit this task better.

I did. They're on the readme file. :)

Now, to the centered version... This is what I ended up doing... Just look on the south animation... So, if anyone can help me on making better centerings... :)

In the FLICster thread there is a tidbit about how to center units.
Bsically export the FLIC into 8 different directions, then edit the .FLC's .ini for X and Y positions, then recombine the FLIC's using the new ini.

Top Bottom